Voom and The Key

I am interested in purchasing the Key right now because it is on sale for my October cruise. I understand that the Key includes Voom for 1 device. If I purchase Voom Surf + Stream, will that allow me to have another device as well? I would like to have internet for 2 devices and wanted to make sure that Voom Surf + Stream will give me another device on top of the one that is with the Key.

If you currently have an internet package purchased and you purchase the key, that will give you two internet packages.  Now one person has access to all the benefits for the key program and the others do not, there will be dilemma for that individual, do I board before the rest of my party and eat at Chops for lunch on embarkation day, while the wait for me ?.  
Now if it’s just you sailing solo, Why not get a travel router, allowing you to connect several devices.

4 hours ago, Busylizzy108 said:

I am interested in purchasing the Key right now because it is on sale for my October cruise. I understand that the Key includes Voom for 1 device. If I purchase Voom Surf + Stream, will that allow me to have another device as well? I would like to have internet for 2 devices and wanted to make sure that Voom Surf + Stream will give me another device on top of the one that is with the Key.

Just an FYI... when they state one device, it's one device at a time that can be logged in per package (the Key or VOOM package). My wife and I either both get the Key or the VOOM Surf & Stream for 2 devices. We each just switch on and off from our own iPads to our iPhones as needed, etc. (we each bring 2 devices).

9 minutes ago, mworkman said:

If you currently have an internet package purchased and you purchase the key, that will give you two internet packages.  Now one person has access to all the benefits for the key program and the others do not, there will be dilemma for that individual, do I board before the rest of my party and eat at Chops for lunch on embarkation day, while the wait for me ?.  
Now if it’s just you sailing solo, Why not get a travel router, allowing you to connect several devices.

I have never heard of a travel router before. Does this mean that I can pay for one device (either with Key or Internet package) but use 2 at the same time if they are connected to the router?

Is this allowable on the cruise ship or is it something that is frowned upon?

Hi! I found this info about Travel Router Blog on these forums. It might be of some help. 

Another thing to consider (besides the terms and conditions, which seems to prevent the unauthorized use of more than one person); Most smart phones/tablets have the ability to create a personal "hotspot". If one phone/tablet is connected, you may be able to connect through there without needing to buy a router.  

8 hours ago, S0nny said:

Most smart phones/tablets have the ability to create a personal "hotspot". If one phone/tablet is connected, you may be able to connect through there without needing to buy a router.  

Isn't that just when the cell phone is connected to the internet via cellular data?  That might get costly when traveling outside the country.

I just purchased the Key for my wife and me.  It was an easy choice in part because I wanted to try it.  The other aspect was the cost was $13 per day per person so approximately $26 per day total.  That compared favorably to the  $18 per day for a 2 device internet package that we usually get.  I hope the extra $56 for the week is worth it.  I have read that it is nice when there are many ports and when tendering.  I'm the one going early to the show to save a seat.  I'm also the one who watches the carry on bags while the wife explores the ship and spends at least $56.  The extra $56 for the Key is mostly for me

Does anyone know if an Alexa device will connect to Royal Wi Fi?