TA's

OMG, I have learned the hard way!   I wished i had a TA that i could just send an e-mail too with what actions i would like to happen and hope that i wouldn't have to always remain on the phone with them while the contact RCI in order for that to happen.  I'm not asking for much, Why do i need to endure the pain of waiting also. ?‍♂️ ? All i'm asking for is when time permits and you have RCI on the phone, just apply my FCC to an existing cruise.  I feel like i have to manage my cruise for them and wait for them to connect to RCI while i'm on the phone, never hearing a rep from RCI or even having an option to ask a question and When i do ask a question they put me on hold to ask. ?  I'm making the pain go away when all of my cruises are done with them.  Tell me there is better out there?

8 minutes ago, Jill said:

Get a different TA. 

I agree. Somebody told me recently that sometimes it takes a while to find "the one" when it comes to TAs, just like it does with other people in life. You want somebody who'll be an advocate for you and who'll do most of the heavy lifting. It's like with any business: if you're dissatisfied with the service, don't be afraid to shop around!

I have had absolutely no stress thanks to John from MEI, so I am sorry.

I normally book everything on my own but when it comes to cruises I would rather trust a TA...especially in light of whats happened. I had to be on the phone with 2 of my reservations that weren't with a TA and just the holding, while they try to do things is annoying. Having to call at possibly inconvenient times....? but hey hindsight is 20/20 and there is still time to do right.

Currently I have 3 future cruises that I reserved myself and turned over to 2 different travel agents, and 1 other that I'm handling myself for the time being. I know it may be difficult for some depending on who their travel agent is and/or where they are located, but if it's possible to go down to the travel agents office and do your business in person, you may get better results. I know I can't do it every it every time, but I've always been the person who gets better results when meeting in person when it comes to work, business and travel because I can then actually watch them do what needs to be done right there and then. I have no problem making appointments with whomever to see things through instead of just showing up. Travel agents today are especially busy for obvious reasons and can't always answer a phone call or email immediately. Most are probably still working out of their homes. I too get frustrated from having to play phone tag, or wait for an email response whenever I have to make a change or update to a reservation, but I understand what they could be going through and just have to accept it. Things are starting to get back to normal here and I can't wait to be back on the high seas this December.

In search of a quality TA ?

Last year we booked through a TA that was an authorized AMEX TA. We were hoping that it would mean we could get the same 5X the point bonus when booking, but sadly, in spite of this TA "assuring" it would qualify, it didn't. We got some other perks (like champagne and the same promo cruise credit that was offered online), just not the point bonus. This is a huge draw for us because it makes the difference between getting Medallion status with our airline. 

I reached out to the TA about a price adjustment, and he basically said there were long hold times and he couldn't get through... If we aren't getting the points AND he's not willing to sit on hold... I'm not really seeing the draw. We are just going to call RC tomorrow and see what can be done. I'm not sure if there is a way that a TA can be removed from your reservation... but we might have to go the route of just figuring it out ourselves... 

There’s a reason MEI comes so highly recommended. I’ve been very happy with Sharla. I bug her all the time and she always is there to answer my questions and check on things for me. She’s handling our group of 3-4 couples on Odyssey Italy/Greece next year and took care of our Mariner last year and has done great job with our cancelled Symphony and rebook of that cruise. She’s on top of the FCC and OBC too. ?

@mworkman give MEI a try next time. ?

As I'm winding down my franchise I love chiming in on these discussions. I am a cruiser who became an agent 13 years ago but referrals were pivotal to my success ( so much so I asked them to stop referring folks to me a while ago). Unfortunately many agents are just order takers stuck in a cubicle, or at home, that can only provide the service or answers that the computer prompts them to provide. 

So this isn't to brag but to point out the obvious, that you have all the referrals you need on this site (and I am in no way linked to MEI or this site ;>)

Will seem weird finding an agent for myself in 2022 but to all of you, HAPPY HUNTING!

On 5/24/2020 at 10:38 AM, mworkman said:

That's the plan...once i finish all the cruises i have booked with this Travel Agency...they will be in the rearview mirror!

Reach out to me when you are ready..... we can meet in person when its allowed and I will help you find the right agent to work for you ?