Lift and Shift experience

I had a feeling Tuesday night  my freedom of the seas trip this July was going to be canceled. So my wife and I started to look for replacements in 2021. It turns out no ships are sailing out of San Juan next summer. So we made a list of wish list of trips of cruises we would like to go on and if we could get any of them we move the trip to next year otherwise we would just get our money back. The #1 trip on our list was symphony of the seas July 10th but the thing that worried us was the same cabin we have on symphony goes for 2200 per person per week compared to the 800 per person we paid for the freedom of the seas. Our thought was lets ask they can say no and we can move on to the cruises lower on our list.

So I call at 7am CST prepared to wait a long time to get someone. I work my way through the phone system and finally get into the que for the next available agent and within 30 seconds I am talking to someone.  I explain that I want to lift and shift to her and she says great and she pulls up my reservations and she says let me see what we can do for you. At that point I ask how about the symphony of the seas July 10th she thinks a second and says I am not sure I can do that for you let me talk to my supervisor. She then puts me on Hold. i was on hold for 45 minutes as she was waiting to get in touch with the appropriate people. she was nice and about every 5 minutes come back and give me a status. finally she comes back and says we can do it the only problem is that the room types do not match up nicely so instead of a spacious cabin I would be getting a large balcony cabin. I was all over that since we only have 3 people per room and I love to sit on the balcony. So then she started to change the cruise for me. The change went slowly as there was issues with some corrupt reservations so that took about another hour of being on and off hold. the entire call took 90 minutes
As sad I was  that we will not go this year as planned I am very excited to take my family on the symphony of the seas next year as that cruise would have been out of our budget.

Long and short of it is ask you may be surprised at what you get.

7 minutes ago, OutToSea said:

I had a feeling Tuesday night  my freedom of the seas trip this July was going to be canceled. So my wife and I started to look for replacements in 2021. It turns out no ships are sailing out of San Juan next summer. So we made a list of wish list of trips of cruises we would like to go on and if we could get any of them we move the trip to next year otherwise we would just get our money back. The #1 trip on our list was symphony of the seas July 10th but the thing that worried us was the same cabin we have on symphony goes for 2200 per person per week compared to the 800 per person we paid for the freedom of the seas. Our thought was lets ask they can say no and we can move on to the cruises lower on our list.

So I call at 7am CST prepared to wait a long time to get someone. I work my way through the phone system and finally get into the que for the next available agent and within 30 seconds I am talking to someone.  I explain that I want to lift and shift to her and she says great and she pulls up my reservations and she says let me see what we can do for you. At that point I ask how about the symphony of the seas July 10th she thinks a second and says I am not sure I can do that for you let me talk to my supervisor. She then puts me on Hold. i was on hold for 45 minutes as she was waiting to get in touch with the appropriate people. she was nice and about every 5 minutes come back and give me a status. finally she comes back and says we can do it the only problem is that the room types do not match up nicely so instead of a spacious cabin I would be getting a large balcony cabin. I was all over that since we only have 3 people per room and I love to sit on the balcony. So then she started to change the cruise for me. The change went slowly as there was issues with some corrupt reservations so that took about another hour of being on and off hold. the entire call took 90 minutes
As sad I was  that we will not go this year as planned I am very excited to take my family on the symphony of the seas next year as that cruise would have been out of our budget.

Long and short of it is ask you may be surprised at what you get.

Awesome story and even more awesome move. You made out real good.