Thanksgiving Cruises 2020

2 minutes ago, Chadster said:

Nice!

I was originally going to be sailing on Anthem on 11/21, but because of a change in my schedule, I'm moving to Harmony on 11/22. Waiting to hear back from my TA about what cabin I end up with.

What happened to Anthem Sailing?

19 hours ago, RBRSKI said:

What happened to Anthem Sailing?

Oh, Anthem's still sailing; I just found out earlier this week that a work/school-related thing got moved from Dallas in August to Orlando in November, and it ends on 11/22 at noon and Harmony sails from Port Canaveral on 11/22 at 4:30, so... ?

Was hoping to get away end of Nov however UK government has basically made that impossible with new legislation stating that anyone ( national or foreigner ) MUST register and then self isolate for 14 days upon arrival in country, so this would mean taking another 2 weeks vacation just to be locked up in my house with local authorities doing random checks to make sure im sticking to the rules

This applies to anyone arriving at any airport, Dock or ferry terminal

9 hours ago, Ray said:

Was hoping to get away end of Nov however UK government has basically made that impossible with new legislation stating that anyone ( national or foreigner ) MUST register and then self isolate for 14 days upon arrival in country, so this would mean taking another 2 weeks vacation just to be locked up in my house with local authorities doing random checks to make sure im sticking to the rules

This applies to anyone arriving at any airport, Dock or ferry terminal

Sorry to hear that!

14 hours ago, Bob Wise said:

Hope to be on the Grandeur on Thanksgiving day.

We are also but are having second thoughts. The health aspects are certainly one major question but I dislike the thought of masking and distancing on what is supposed to be a vacation. I can't see myself enjoying the cruise under those circumstances, however necessary they might be, so why bother and waste the money? We have been cruising over Thanksgiving numerous times but we might have to miss it this year.

On 5/22/2020 at 4:50 PM, Chadster said:

Oh, Anthem's still sailing; I just found out earlier this week that a work/school-related thing got moved from Dallas in August to Orlando in November, and it ends on 11/22 at noon and Harmony sails from Port Canaveral on 11/22 at 4:30, so... ?

you can make that easy ... depending on where in orlando you are 45 mins to an hour from the pier ...

On 5/22/2020 at 4:44 PM, RBRSKI said:

Good Afternoon Gang,

Who's sailing for Turkey Day 2020?

Will be sailing (fingers, toes and anything else crossed for good luck) on the Indy B2B starting 11/19 (it's not my dream come true 3 Weeks on the Oasis that got cxl'd from COVID 19) . 

Scored the corner aft 1400 for both cruises.

We’re keeping it in the RCCLtd. Family for thanksgiving. Trying Celebrity for the first time and sailing Apex. 
At this point, who knows, it may be her inaugural ?

1 hour ago, jticarruthers said:

you can make that easy ... depending on where in orlando you are 45 mins to an hour from the pier ...

Thanks for the reassurance -- that's how it looked to me, but it's good to hear! And perfectly timed, too...my TA emailed me just now to double-check with me, noting the travel distance and potential time constraints. ?

We are scheduled to sail on the Odyssey 20 November 2020 out of Port Everglades. (8 nights) Was so looking forward to this trip but it is very possible she may not even be ready by then. If she sails we do plan to be on her. We have a Jr. suite with an over sized balcony, we were planning on spending additional time in the cabin. We LOVE sailing for Thanksgiving, what a wonderful vibe the ship has during this time! Everyone appears and articulates thanks and graciousness, a lovely experience. 

19 minutes ago, Neesa said:

We are scheduled to sail on the Odyssey 20 November 2020 out of Port Everglades. (8 nights) Was so looking forward to this trip but it is very possible she may not even be ready by then. If she sails we do plan to be on her. We have a Jr. suite with an over sized balcony, we were planning on spending additional time in the cabin. We LOVE sailing for Thanksgiving, what a wonderful vibe the ship has during this time! Everyone appears and articulates thanks and graciousness, a lovely experience. 

Hopefully they give you guys plenty of notice when/if Odyssey gets delayed. I’d guess right now that Thanksgiving bookings are lighter than last year so hopefully you guys have time to make alternate arrangements. 

20 minutes ago, Neesa said:

We LOVE sailing for Thanksgiving, what a wonderful vibe the ship has during this time!

I’m with you on this one. We had never done it before last year and now have cruises booked for the next two thanksgivings. It’s great as it still leaves vacation days for later on and only two days off of school for my daughter. 

7 minutes ago, CruisinForABruisin said:

Can someone give me a rundown/elevator pitch for a thanksgiving cruise? Trying to pitch it to about 30+ people for 2021.

Not sure my reasons apply to everyone but a big one for me is I use two less vacation days because I already have Thanksgiving and Black Friday off.  Our oldest is home from college so we have a babysitter to leave our littles with also.  We live in Western PA and it is a great break for us before we get set into a cold and snowy winter.  Everyone is more friendly because they are gearing up for the holidays.  For big families it is great to have your whole family together on a ship so you can enjoy the time together.  It's a chance to make lasting memories with members of your family.  It gives you more to be thankful for; being together as a family , that you have family, that you all have the ability to afford a cruise, that you can discover new places (ports) together. No one has to cook or clean and instead can concentrate on those they are with.

1 hour ago, CruisinForABruisin said:

Can someone give me a rundown/elevator pitch for a thanksgiving cruise? Trying to pitch it to about 30+ people for 2021.

The feeling of Thanksgiving week is hard to put into words. The ship is joyous, your fellow passengers are so happy and much family all folding into each other. It is the most beautiful sailing in my humble opinion of the year. Everyone seems to drum up the things they are grateful for to include crew members, if I could only sail once a year it would be this week each and every time. Better then Xmas, better then summer....we book a sailing every single year for this week now that we experienced it. We have one this year but the ship may not be ready so I am taking a page from the book of @Lovetocruise2002 and booking a second for the same week, just in case my initial is not sailing. The ONLY slightly positive thing about this sad time is the cancellation policy's are so much more flexible.....I do wish I would see some refunds though,  Do IT! Just so amazing it is hard to put into words, the experience will have all 30 of you booking the same week in 2022! 

I Swear Promise GIF

@S.Marie I am not sailing on the Oasis until Thanksgiving of 2021 but I did sail Harmony Thanksgiving 2019. From the moment we parked in the deck at Port Canaveral we had zero complaints. We had an amazing time and the cruise director "Bing Bong" was so much fun, the itinerary was wonderful & warm. Can not recommend the Harmony more! But again, to be honest have not sailed the Oasis as of yet & Grease was not our favorite. A tiny bit vulgar where it did not even need to be but otherwise the sailing on her was amazing! I'm sure you will enjoy them both whichever you choose! Happy sailing!

13 hours ago, S.Marie said:

Right now we are set for Oasis departing on 11/22 (to replace a cancelled July trip) but are considering changing to Harmony that departs on 11/22. Any one have any thoughts/preference on Oasis versus Harmony for a thanksgiving cruise?

As for the differences between the ships, they are really more alike than different.  The port actually would make the bigger difference in my opinion -- is Port Canaveral or Miami going to be easier for you?  If you are flying for the cruise leaving from Miami gives you two options for airports (FLL and MIA) which may give you more flight options.

I did Oasis for Thanksgiving last year: