Costal Kitchen reservations

Just curious how a Junior Suite guest goes about making dinner reservations for CK (assuming that perk continues, I've read rumors of potentially no more JS access to CK at all)?  I'm assuming it's not available in Cruise Planner, so do you have to actually walk up there once on board?  Can you do it on the phone?

On Oasis class you can bang on the door to get the attention of the host/hostess or tailgate and follow someone in.  I've had success calling them over on the phone.  On Oasis the ext. is/was 29190.

On Quantum class the host/hostess stand is in the hall outside of Coastal Kitchen so it's easier to just walk right up to them. 

17 hours ago, jaredhamburg said:

The process of banging on the door made me laugh and me me think of the old Mervyn's ads where the person was saying "open, open, open."

? I just went back and watched all the ads on YouTube because of your comment. So, wait...I'm confused. I could've sworn I've read on this forum previously that folks in junior suites don't have CK privileges. ? (I wouldn't know -- I'm supposed to be in a JS 13 days from now, but...well...yeah. ? )

1 minute ago, Chadster said:

? I just went back and watched all the ads on YouTube because of your comment. Here they are.

So, wait...I'm confused. I could've sworn I've read on this forum previously that folks in junior suites don't have CK privileges. ? (I wouldn't know -- I'm supposed to be in a JS 13 days from now, but...well...yeah. ? )

JS guest have access to CK provided that there isn't a lot of Pinnacles on-board, CK doesn't have a lot of tables like the main dining room, it's set-up is somewhat like chops.  With that said priority goes to GS and above, then Pinnacles followed by JS guest is space/time is permitted.

There has been a lot of discussion about JS access to CK and much of it based on assumptions and misinterpretations.  For example in some cruise compasses it states that CK is GS and above.  It doesn't mention that is breakfast and lunch only but some JS guests have assumed it included dinner so they didn't even try.  To make matters worse it's inconsistent across the fleet with some cruise compasses listing it properly while others display it differently.  

On Pinnacle heavy cruises they limit how many CK reservations Pinnacle can make.  I suspect we may start seeing this more often or it might become a standard policy for all sailings. 

In my experience as a JS guest CK access is best on Quantum class and less available on Oasis class. Trying early in the cruise is best, visit CK on day one to inquire.