Empty cruise ship creepy!

I did a B2B once where I was the only guest on the ship for roughly 6 hours.  

Weather closed the port in Long Beach so we ended cruise #1 in San Diego.  They used buses to take everyone to Long Beach then used the same buses to bring guests for cruise #2 down to San Diego.  Since I was the only B2B guest I became the only guest on the ship for hours.

At first it was kind of cool.  I could go anywhere with zero crowds.  I did run into some crew who were sun tanning or mini-golfing but they were few and far between.  After a few hours it became weird.  Some lights in interior hallways were off, the buffet was closed, the ship didn't have the same vibe.  It felt like the ship was sleeping.  

Eventually as the buses arrived and guests started trickling on board it was like the ship woke up, like watching an old sleeping dog awake when it's master comes home.  Bars started to open, music began playing, the ship came to life.  Weird.

2 hours ago, wstephensi said:

You can have a similar experience by waking up around 0430 or 0500 and walking around the ship.  Dark in many areas and very quiet.

My wife and I do this.

As much as we want to sleep in on vacation, it's hard to readjust our body clocks.  We go out, try to find a cup of coffee somewhere, and explore.  We end with watching the sunrise.

I've always wanted to get up at like 4 or 5 AM and explore the ship to see what it looks like but never really have. I always thought crew members would look at me strange or its frowned upon to do that. I will get up early when pulling into a port and I LOVE watching how the captain and officers dock the ship. I LOVE it in Bermuda in particular. Then the deck hands come out and tie the lines up to the dock. Its extremely interesting. I am fascinated by transportation in general though. I am a HUGE train fan, I am fascinated by trains and even though I do not fly I am fascinated by planes. I follow a few airline pilots on You Tube and the incredible training and responsibility they take on is extraordinary. 

Its why I like seeing Srecko Ban around Anthem, we like him a lot. He has a great personality, and sense of humor but you can tell he is very confident in his abilities and his navigation crew. That is reassuring to see but that is just me. I'd say 50% of the passengers don't even know who the captain is or care. I'm weird where I like to know who they are and their background. Just curiosity though and I find it interesting.