RCCL Business Update Question

5 minutes ago, Papamillz2 said:

I didn’t get a chance to listen this morning. Was there any mention on whether RCL stock will continue paying dividends and offering shareholders OBC? I can see some perks being eliminated until cruising gets back to normal.

I didn’t see anything about dividends or shareholder OBC. With so much new outstanding debt I wouldn’t be surprised if suspending any dividends was part of that. 

Not that I heard but it's more of a call with analysts from investing firms compared to individual investors who cruise so the stock holder OBC is irrelevant to them.  

As far as dividends I don't see that happening for some time unless the board chooses to approve and such a measure is permitted.

2020       2019

(Loss) Earnings per Share:  $(6.91)     $1.19

12 minutes ago, Papamillz2 said:

I didn’t get a chance to listen this morning. Was there any mention on whether RCL stock will continue paying dividends and offering shareholders OBC? I can see some perks being eliminated until cruising gets back to normal.

Royal Caribbean announced this amendment on April 24 in an 8-K filing. Here is what the company said about the dividend prohibition:

In the event we take certain actions while the Deferred Tranche is outstanding, we will be required to prepay the outstanding balance of the Deferred Tranche. These actions include the payment of dividends, the repurchase of stock, and the issuance of debt or equity other than for liquidity. These restrictions are subject to customary carveouts such as, in the case of new debt, debt incurred to finance new ships.