More cruises cancelled

"Dear Guest,

We hope that amidst this situation, you have remained healthy, safe, and optimistic that each day that passes, is another day closer to a more regular day-to-day. While this is like nothing any of us have ever experienced, we continue to evaluate how it impacts our upcoming sailings and our return to service.

The most recent plan was to resume operation on June 12th, 2020. However, after consulting with our partners at Cruise Lines International Association and in conjunction with the CDC, our global suspension has been extended through July 31st, 2020, and with a plan to resume operation on August 1st, 2020. As a result, your sailing will unfortunately be cancelled.

While we all wish we were cruising, health and safety are our top priorities as we focus on our comeback. In the meantime, below are some options for you, including one that has been very well received by our guests, as it provides a little something extra to use when we all start cruising again!

We were set to sail July 11th for my son and my birthday (yup, born on the same day). I got the dreaded e-mail just now from my TA. I feel so badly for MEI right now and all the extra work they're having to do. I still had a smidge of hope we would be on that cruise but we will just wait until they are sailing again. Ah well, deep down we all knew it was coming. 

Katie

I was afraid of this! I'm sorry for everyone who's cruise was cancelled. It makes me more nervous about mine in August. I also hope that any changes won't suck the fun out of cruising no matter when they decide to resume. Maybe this will mean that most, if not all, ports will be back open and they won't have to change itineraries.

At least they are still allowing Lift and Shift on cancelled itineraries (until June 10th).  That was my concern before the official cancellation (so I pulled the trigger on L&S last week to be certain).

2. Lift and Shift: If you prefer to move your existing booking to a 2021 sailing – we’re happy to move you! We will price protect the original pricing and/or promotion on the same itinerary, length, product, and stateroom category as your original sailing within 4 weeks (before or after) of the original sail date in 2021. For example, if you are moving from a July 30, 2020 sailing, you can move to a sailing that is the same itinerary, length, product, and stateroom category, and the sail date between June 30, 2021 – August 30, 2021.
Please contact your Travel Advisor or call us by June 10th to move to a new sailing. If we don’t hear from you, we will automatically issue your Future Cruise Credit.

Lost two cruises in this latest round, June and July. Sad because the June was our anniversary cruise and the wife is bummed out about it. Now she is trying to shift the July cruise to September/October on a CoCo Cay cruise but she is not sure if they will move it as the JS cabins show sold out for those sailings. Oh well, we now have more refunds coming as I did not want to take the 125% OBC for our cruise planner purchases.

22 hours ago, Cmaccullen said:

this sucks! we already rescheduled one from June 1 then to July 27. I am pissed because this was my kids first cruise. They were so excited.

I am in the same spot as you. First cruise for my son April 24th cancelled, now fathers day weekend cancelled. I know these are first world problems but it is disappointing to the kids.

Yup, was still holding out hope for our July 29, but now that's gone. And it's a 10 day, so no equivalent L&S available -- at least not out of the 3 ports I can drive to (flying is too complicated for us- mobility issues).  So, we're applying to our next cruise (hopefully!!) and will just be sad this summer ?

this is the 3rd cruise cancelled on me in a year.. im pissed, because i keep getting jerked around, have not gotten any onboard credit from the first two cancellations and they say i can rebook but the same ship and itinerary is always different and they only give me 2 weeks to rebook or lose my option to "Lift and shift".  but they want answer the phone to get it done and when they do,   you get different info from every rep....every rebooking from the past ,  the price goes up if you dont rebook on the same ship.  Tried to rebook for the next cruise and they wouldnt let me, said I had to wait 4 weeks.....ridiculous!   im done with cruising.  way to many trap doors and schemes with these people.