South Beach cabana or Chill Island Cabana?

Smurfy

When do you sail? We were on CocoCay in March and were really chilly in our Chill Island cabana. So much so that I would never plop down money for a cabana again. If there is a cool ocean breeze you may be really cold. It was 20 degrees warmer at the pool just because you were out of the wind. Warmer months are probably a lot different.

2 hours ago, KJ1231 said:

When do you sail? We were on CocoCay in March and were really chilly in our Chill Island cabana. So much so that I would never plop down money for a cabana again. If there is a cool ocean breeze you may be really cold. It was 20 degrees warmer at the pool just because you were out of the wind. Warmer months are probably a lot different.

Hmmmm. You have given me something to think about. We have reserved a Beach Club beach cabana for our New Years Dec/Jan 2021-2022 sailing. I may cancel that and just reserve the passes for the Beach Club itself and forgo the cabana. I think I would be cold and miserable knowing that I plopped down $1,399 for that privilege (of being cold and miserable)! 

• 1 year later...
On 6/13/2021 at 12:35 PM, SharonF said:

I'm going to coco cay in November 2021. Booked a cabana on south beach but am having second thoughts. Do you think chill island is better. Which area is closer to a pool?

Chill island is most likely closer to the pool, but not by much. South Beach is quieter and it's close to the floating bar, which is neat.  Also you can walk on the sandbar waaaay far out which is also fun.

• 3 months later...

I also get the impression that Southbeach cabanas have no USB port, no speaker, no ceiling fan, no power:  A potentially true "disconnected" beach experience, to spin it positively.  This is what I can deduce by watching videos about Coco Cay cabanas and an article in CruiseCritic.  If I look at today's prices (for one of my future sailings) in $CAD:  Thrill Water Park and Southbeach are both, $1,244.55 and according to at least 3 sources, seem to not have power, USB or speaker.  Oasis and Chill Island are both $1,49371 and seem both to offer USB and/or power outlet, ceiling fan, speaker.  Would be nice if this could be confirmed or debunked.  Maybe I'll take that on myself in November 2021.

• 1 month later...