Third cruise.....second on Royal.....first Star Class

Actually, it will be our first non-inside cabin. I have spent all day today reading every live blog I could find and now I don’t know how I’m going to be able to get any sleep for the next 500+ days. Hopefully I don’t get fired between now and then for lack of getting actual work done at work ?

Yeah I probably should have added more details ☺️
General cruising backstory: Feb ‘19 was our first cruise ever, which was a 4 day inside with Carnival. It was just DH and myself. Kids stayed home and it was our first trip leaving them. One of our kids had never even stayed the night away from us. But the trip was amazing and getting out of “mommy mode” was really amazing. I was hooked. Nov ‘19 was our first with the kids and with Royal. Still an inside, but going from Carnival Elation to Indy was quite a shock. We should have been on one April ‘20 with the kids for spring break and then another this week for a milestone birthday. Missing this one had me feeling sad. 
Backstory to this booking: I’ve been debating when we should schedule the next just so I can have something to look forward to.  I’ve been switching from Thanksgiving to Christmas and then back to Thanksgiving again. Until a few days ago when I saw a post on here about a good deal for Oct ‘21 on Allure. I looked and saw 2 star class cabins available so I went to a different site to get some quotes.
I spent a day or so researching, and happened to read a post about the difference between booking with MEI so I sent a request through the website. Michelle emailed me back with quotes and   during our emails back and forth, I knew I only wanted to work with her. I didn’t care about the “so called perks” of using a different company. She has been so friendly and has answered every question so quickly. So today I checked the Royal website again and I wasn’t seeing the rooms available. I just knew I waited too long. I immediately emailed Michelle to see if they were still available and when she said yes, I asked about the 2brATS (please forgive my abbreviations/acronyms as I’m still trying to learn how everyone writes on here ?)  because that was what I really wanted. When she said yes, all of my sadness immediately went away. I didn’t even know that she could see rooms available that I couldn’t. 

So in a little over 500 days, I’ll be on a 7 nighter on Allure going to Cococay, Labadee, Nassau and (I think) Jamaica. I doubt I can wait that long so I’m sure I’ll have one or 2 between now and then but they definitely won’t be star class. I may spring for an ocean view or obstructed balcony.....maybe even a junior suite ?

27 minutes ago, wannabecruiseexpert said:

I spent a day or so researching, and happened to read a post about the difference between booking with MEI so I sent a request through the website. Michelle emailed me back with quotes and   during our emails back and forth, I knew I only wanted to work with her. I didn’t care about the “so called perks” of using a different company. She has been so friendly and has answered every question so quickly. So today I checked the Royal website again and I wasn’t seeing the rooms available. I just knew I waited too long. I immediately emailed Michelle to see if they were still available and when she said yes, I asked about the 2brATS (please forgive my abbreviations/acronyms as I’m still trying to learn how everyone writes on here ?)  because that was what I really wanted. When she said yes, all of my sadness immediately went away. I didn’t even know that she could see rooms available that I couldn’t. 

Isn't @michelle just the best? 

Congrats on snagging that room. I looked at some Royal Class suites on that sailing when Raye mentioned it, too.  If I didn't already have the RCBlog group cruise to Norway in July 2021 and the RCBlog GC in November 2021 I would have jumped on it (since I'd have ALL that extra money, lol)  If I can't get the time off for the Thanksgiving sailing I may still crash the Allure party.

She really is! Our first cruise I had no idea what I was doing and booked through a friend of a friend on Facebook. We were put in an upper/lower bunk type. First vacation with no kids and that’s what she put us in. I cried for a few days before finding out I could upgrade....through her and after a entirely too much money of course.

Second cruise I booked through a different agent and we were going with other family members. It took so long to get her to answer emails to change our dining that it ended up being too late to be able to sit with the rest of the family.

I’ve barely communicated with Michelle for more than a few days and I’m already working with her on an April ‘21 trip because I know she’ll be amazing. 

@wannabecruiseexpert I think I was looking at that cruise, we are doing Halloween on Allure 2021 out of port Canaveral. I had to forgo my vacation time this year and will get extra next year, so I am looking to fill my time. I was thinking of a b2b with a Nov 7th date but my companions think Disney, Universal and two 7N cruises might be too much. So I am researching a "before the madness of amusement park" 4 or 5N cruise. Once you get bit by the crusting bug its hard to stop scratching that itch. These wonderful MEI agents just make the itch less painful?

Yippee !  Michelle is the BEST.  I’m so glad you are working with her.  You are in for a wonderful treat with the ATS.  Having a true separate bedroom for the kids will be wonderful.  The views back there are amazing and the Genie...oh my goodness. We aren’t going to be a Star Class on the Oct 3 and 10 cruises but nice to know a new friend will be !

9 hours ago, wannabecruiseexpert said:

Actually, it will be our first non-inside cabin. I have spent all day today reading every live blog I could find and now I don’t know how I’m going to be able to get any sleep for the next 500+ days. Hopefully I don’t get fired between now and then for lack of getting actual work done at work ?

Your excitement comes through the screen. Nice to wake up to. I'm excited for you. I also use Michelle!

7 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

@wannabecruiseexpert I think I was looking at that cruise, we are doing Halloween on Allure 2021 out of port Canaveral. I had to forgo my vacation time this year and will get extra next year, so I am looking to fill my time. I was thinking of a b2b with a Nov 7th date but my companions think Disney, Universal and two 7N cruises might be too much. So I am researching a "before the madness of amusement park" 4 or 5N cruise. Once you get bit by the crusting bug its hard to stop scratching that itch. These wonderful MEI agents just make the itch less painful?

I really want to eventually do a holiday cruise. I love Halloween and I'm sure that will be a great one! We really lucked out in the dates for this one. 2 of our kids are in school and the "projected future draft" 2021/2022 school calendar has them out for this week. When we went in November we took 1 out of school (little one hasn't started yet) and I won't make it a habit of missing school for vacation.  Our go-to vacations have been a week at the beach or in the mountains. I 100% knew I was hooked the second I stepped on the first ship.

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Yippee !  Michelle is the BEST.  I’m so glad you are working with her.  You are in for a wonderful treat with the ATS.  Having a true separate bedroom for the kids will be wonderful.  The views back there are amazing and the Genie...oh my goodness. We aren’t going to be a Star Class on the Oct 3 and 10 cruises but nice to know a new friend will be !

The bedrooms are the reason I wanted this one so bad over the "better" available suites. I'm an early riser and the thought of someone sleeping on a couch sounds horrible to me because I will be up and about before the rest of the family even dreams of waking up.  We aren't "foodies" so all of the food photos from the blogs have been unbelievable....my experince so far on ships has consisted of MDR and WJ. That's it. However, I am most anxious about having the genie for debarkation. We stood in line for close to 1 1/2 hours on Indy just to get off and I NEVER want to experience that again. 

5 minutes ago, ellcee said:

Your excitement comes through the screen. Nice to wake up to. I'm excited for you. I also use Michelle!

As an update....I didn't really sleep. I'm going to be running off 2 hours tops today. Good thing my boss is out of town for the next 2 weeks ?