FCC and Refund Questions?

I noticed that I finally got a partial refund from first couple cancellations(deposit only ). It came with no notification. Returned to card.  The rest is nowhere to be seen though they told me two weeks ago it was made? Do they not notify you when they do make a refund? Now how about FCC? Do they notify you of it ? And how much? Is there some way to monitor that it sits in some account? 

My refund was dated April 5th from RCCI and April 9th for CCL but showed up on my credit card May 15th. I have been keeping track of all the refunds I was owed by checking my CC every other day. Barring my initial cancellation letter/receipt, there have been no notifications but this also included restaurant and retail refunds.

They do not email you when have been issued a refund back to your debit card/credit card but you will receive an email stating that your cruise & cruise planner purchases has been cancelled.  

YOU WILL RECEIVE A SEPARATE EMAIL CONTAINING YOUR FCC AMOUNT & EACH PERSONS INDIVIDUAL FCC NUMBER ON THE CERTIFICATE & THE RESERVATION NUMBER FOR THE CRUISE THAT WAS CANCELLED. 

The amount of the FCC depends on if you cancelled the cruise yourself after the final payment date and took the 100% FCC or Royal cancelled the cruise for you and you selected the 125% FCC. If you cancelled the cruise then the amount of the fcc would be the price of the cruise fare for each person - the taxes & fees. But if Royal cancelled the cruise then the amount of the FCC would be the price of the cruise fare - the taxes and fees + 25%

For the FCC check your email every other day and for cash refunds check your cc everyday. 

For the FCC's it was them that cancelled...  I'm good with math and know what should come back...   Ok... That comes via email, do I have to save the emails or is there some "account" I can view ?

Checking CC and bank daily...  Only the deposit showed up... 

2 hours ago, deep1 said:

For the FCC's it was them that cancelled...  I'm good with math and know what should come back...   Ok... That comes via email, do I have to save the emails or is there some "account" I can view?

You should save the FCC emails because they contain the reservation # of the cruise that was cancelled because that is how the Royal Caribbean representative will apply the FCC to your new cruise reservation and has the same names on the new reservation and the names are the same as the names that the FCC was issued was issued under.

52 minutes ago, Bigken said:

I have no idea how they do the refunds but I canceled may. Fourth and all my money was refunded to my cc on may 18 yet people are still waiting from March 

I'm one of the ones waiting for March cancellations for April and April ones for May trip... 

Well, today (May 22) is supposed to the the day those of us who were in the round of cancelations up til June 11 are going to get our FCCs (and for me to get a chunk of refundable OBC). Alas, my June 4 cruise still shows in my list of upcoming cruises, mocking me with its 13-day countdown. ? So, I'm not holding out much hope that I'll see an FCC or OBC by the end of the day, and I just figure the taxes/fees/gratuities will just be a random surprise I see in my account from Tuesday to who knows when.

Just FYI... we just received our FCC e-mail this morning for our cancelled 5/31/20 Oasis sailing... they got it right and it's actually almost $2 more than I had calculated.  ?

They had indicated today (5/22/20) would be the day they would be working on this round of cancellations.

Just waiting on the 125% Cruise Planner OBC and the refund to my CC for the port fees, expenses and taxes...

3 hours ago, JohnK6404 said:

Just FYI... we just received our FCC e-mail this morning for our cancelled 5/31/20 Oasis sailing... they got it right and it's actually almost $2 more than I had calculated.  ?

They had indicated today (5/22/20) would be the day they would be working on this round of cancellations.

Just waiting on the 125% Cruise Planner OBC and the refund to my CC for the port fees, expenses and taxes...

It could be a while for the cruise planner credit and port fees. I got my FCC for my cancelled April 20 cruise on May 1. Still nothing on the cruise planner credit or port fees and taxes....not even an email. 

1 minute ago, deep1 said:

This is starting to give me a complex... not a word on today's promised fcc

Same. Trying to just hope for the best, but since it's almost 5 p.m. ET...

Just out of curiosity, I'll be able to have these FCCs deactivated and turned into refunds if I so choose, right? I'm not real thrilled that has begun entering my thought process, but...

Not sure fcc to refund process... I tried the FCC For the other bookings since the refund going back to mid march still hasn't been done. Now none of the three have been dealt with other than 400 deposit for first one. Trying to stay loyal but as mentioned at start of this thread I wanted the refunds/ fcc for more cruises and the price on the ones I would have booked has almost doubled!

2 hours ago, mworkman said:

We received our FCC today also.   With that being said, the wife and mine are for the same amount, are they supposed to be combined or do they each show our final amount?  

Same with us... same amount listed for each of us (same e-mail), but it is the correct total amount. I'm assuming the little extra (less than $2) is due to rounding.

Well, I'll definitely be seeing what I can do to cancel all my RCCL reservations at this point and get refunds.

I was just told that my FCC for my cancelled cruise hasn't even started processing yet, despite multiple assurances by RCCL that it would be in my hands by today.

Maybe cruising just isn't in my future.

Received FCC for RCCL April/May cancelled cruises -- unfortunately $1100 less than expected.  No explanation other than the "As a reminder..." below the shorted FCC.  Heaven knows when we will receive the $625 in taxes & fees PLUS we are expected to pay for a September 2020 cruise early June or lose our deposit.

We're also waiting for a $200 refund for a cruise deposit paid to RCCL where they shortened the itinerary by several days and then offered a new cruise in early 2021 that would not work out with existing family plans (Grandson's first birthday.  Not going to miss that!).  That cruise was cancelled 3/18/2020 and refund supposedly paid 5/6/2020.  No hint any refunds on our travel credit card as of 5/22/2020.

We're trying to remain loyal cruisers and did not even sell our RCCL shares when they started to move downward.

Needless to say -- disappointing.  I know they are struggling -- however, how about the customers who pay in-full in-good-faith many months in advance of a cruise?  Right now -- the nearly $10,000 paid is a goodly chunk of change. Perhaps we should have taken the refund -- then again, trying to remain loyal...

I think to start getting customers to return to cruising sooner -- the cruise companies are going to need to consider allowing us to NOT pay in full until perhaps 30 days in advance of a cruise.  If that had been the case -- their bottom line might have actually looked better as they would not be issuing so many FCC and refunds.  As cruisers, we would have also had a chance to see Europe close and keep our cruising dollars for a brighter day.

Edited by Traveler_B
Grammer

1 hour ago, Chadster said:

Well, I'll definitely be seeing what I can do to cancel all my RCCL reservations at this point and get refunds.

I was just told that my FCC for my cancelled cruise hasn't even started processing yet, despite multiple assurances by RCCL that it would be in my hands by today.

Maybe cruising just isn't in my future.

Like you I had been promised today as well..  Scanned my bank accounts and cards to make sure I had nothing odd. Well I did... Not for the cruises that get the FCC but the original ones I have been waiting on refund for. Decided to brave the two hour hold and insert my size 11 Topsider in their dark places...  Poor guy that got me... I started nice and easy about the FCC that I was promised by today? He could see  "request pending" but no other details... Said he forwarded question to that department  but would take week just to get answer????  Then I turned up the heat on the original refunds requested March 13.... Ooh I could feel his discomfort over the phone after he tried to tell me they paid in full and I asked him to do some quick math. Thousands apart! His voice perceptibly went higher when I pointed out that if I had it in timely manner , I would be booked for two cruises. Instead they doubled in price almost this week and even one will hurt as it will eat the entire years budget for what would have been half a week ago! I'm not trying to be difficult but I'm really over being treated like a second class citizen. 

I'm sitting on hold again. This time, I actually got a representative who didn't try to just brush me off and was sympathetic to my frustrations. She's currently reaching out to the department charged with creating FCCs and is trying to help me through all this. And helping me get an answer about the refundable OBC I'm supposed to see, too.

I was a bit glib when I speak of cancelling all my cruises and getting refunds. I really don't want to do that. I just want to feel like I matter as a customer, and my previous conversation today didn't make me feel that way. And THAT is what's frustrated me about all this: the customer-care experience has been so inconsistent.

I know they're dealing with unprecedented circumstances here, but please don't give us dates if they can't be met, especially if you're not going to follow up beforehand and say "we're facing a delay..." or if you're not willing to help customers understand why their credit hasn't even started processing on the date that was given and how it can be remedied to some extent. Don't make me feel like I'm somehow being a pest by inquiring about something I was told when it didn't come to pass. Yes, I have a travel agent, but she's overwhelmed, too, and I believe in both having advocates and being an advocate for myself.

2 1/2 hours on the phone this morning (plus the 3 1/2 last night from disconnected calls), and I hope I finally have a resolution for my other two cancelled cruises. The resolution department said that the FCCs weren't created, though they should have been, so I should receive both of them within a week.

Needless to say, if I don't receive them in 10-14 days, I'm going to be calling back and enlisting my TA's help as well.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

• 2 months later...

Hello, I hope I'm okay to hop in this topic.

I opted for the full refund after my cruise was cancelled due to COVID-19 and have received an amount just over half the total that I paid. Is the refund usually issued in parts, or should I contact customer services regarding the rest of the funds? 

When I received my refunds (totally a little over $10,000) they came back to my AMEX as 45 different credits (a few were as little as $6.00!!).  I had to sit down and match up piece by piece to figure out if I received all I was supposed to receive!  It was quite daunting and tedious and I finally called to get a breakdown of how they applied all my payments.  Once I got that info, it was easier to figure out.  Seems nothing comes easy...or quickly!  I have to say reading about everyone else's issues helped me understand I was not the only one and that did ease my stress level a bit.  Thanks for this wonderful blog and message board!! 

9 hours ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

I had to sit down and match up piece by piece to figure out if I received all I was supposed to receive!  It was quite daunting and tedious

This is exactly why I have to psych myself up every time I check for RC refunds! lol  So annoying.

20 hours ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

When I received my refunds (totally a little over $10,000) they came back to my AMEX as 45 different credits (a few were as little as $6.00!!).  I had to sit down and match up piece by piece to figure out if I received all I was supposed to receive!  It was quite daunting and tedious and I finally called to get a breakdown of how they applied all my payments.  Once I got that info, it was easier to figure out.  Seems nothing comes easy...or quickly!  I have to say reading about everyone else's issues helped me understand I was not the only one and that did ease my stress level a bit.  Thanks for this wonderful blog and message board!! 

I hear you. I wish the refund would be more descriptive of what they are refunding instead of all just saying Royal Caribbean.  I keep a spreadsheet and mark all amounts red and then mark it back once an amount matches. But I have one amount that doesn't match anything. When you called they found give you more details?

14 hours ago, WannaCruise said:

I hear you. I wish the refund would be more descriptive of what they are refunding instead of all just saying Royal Caribbean.  I keep a spreadsheet and mark all amounts red and then mark it back once an amount matches. But I have one amount that doesn't match anything. When you called they found give you more details?

Not really more details...they gave me a listing of all the payments I had made (I didn't wait until the January deadline to pay the full balance, I was paying $1000 here and $2000 there) and how they were applied to each of my family members (I was the person who had booked and was paying for all 13).  It was still my problem to figure it out but with the breakdowns of the payments (they have a crazy way of applying amounts to each person!) somehow it made it easier for me to do the matching.  I was pretty confident I was able to find and match each amount but until I actually received the FCC certificates I still had doubts.  At any rate, when I add up all my AMEX credits and the FCC amounts the total equals what I had originally paid.  The only money I lost ? was the travel insurance.  A few months later, I believe they agreed to refund the travel insurance but when I tried to get mine back I was told that I had agreed to the terms of CWC at the time I cancelled and those were the terms I had to accept.  Live and learn!!