Big Price jump!

Really disappointed... Been waiting now 65 days for refund from first cancellations. Only got "deposit" back. Missing about $2500 from that one that I intended to put down on a couple new cruises. Also missing is the FCC's from the second set that also were going to be used to re-book... Been eyeballing 4 cruises that we would select two  or possibly three from. They all went up in price by a bunch! Not quite double but several hundred to a grand each just in the last couple days.  With the other lines pulling their pants down to get you to book, I'm kind of surprised to see RCCL going the other way... As it sits now the three cruise possibility is off the table and even two  is in jeopardy. If I had been refunded in a timely fashion I'd be booked for three.  Not taking her kids is not an option... I want them to really enjoy what their mother and I have told them about... Wish RCCL would get back realistic in pricing so I  can fill that dream for them on more than just one cruise... 

15 minutes ago, Jill said:

Wait for the next sale. Quite possibly this weekend. They’re going to have to cancel through the no sail order which is another 6 weeks of cruises. They’re going to need cash. I’m expecting another “sale” on fares and cruise planner. Don’t fret. 

Do you think they really are going to cxl thru end of July?  Thinking about 7/18 on SOTS or 7/25 because the kids go back to school the first week of August!

5 hours ago, deep1 said:

Really disappointed... Been waiting now 65 days for refund from first cancellations. Only got "deposit" back. Missing about $2500 from that one that I intended to put down on a couple new cruises. Also missing is the FCC's from the second set that also were going to be used to re-book... Been eyeballing 4 cruises that we would select two  or possibly three from. They all went up in price by a bunch! Not quite double but several hundred to a grand each just in the last couple days.  With the other lines pulling their pants down to get you to book, I'm kind of surprised to see RCCL going the other way... As it sits now the three cruise possibility is off the table and even two  is in jeopardy. If I had been refunded in a timely fashion I'd be booked for three.  Not taking her kids is not an option... I want them to really enjoy what their mother and I have told them about... Wish RCCL would get back realistic in pricing so I  can fill that dream for them on more than just one cruise... 

Was there any reason why you didn’t take them up on their extended courtesy hold? That way you would have locked in the price or if it went down you would have let them expire and booked at the lower price. Seems like a missed opportunity as the new hold policy was all over the blog. 

15 minutes ago, RBRSKI said:

Do you think they really are going to cxl thru end of July?  Thinking about 7/18 on SOTS or 7/25 because the kids go back to school the first week of August!

The earliest I think they would sail is 7/25 because the no sail order ends 7/24... I have a cruise 7/30.. I am really hoping we get to go.. 

18 minutes ago, Andrew72681 said:

Was there any reason why you didn’t take them up on their extended courtesy hold? That way you would have locked in the price or if it went down you would have let them expire and booked at the lower price. Seems like a missed opportunity as the new hold policy was all over the blog. 

They wanted yet another bunch of deposits off the cash side (Bigger by a lot than the ones I got back) that I still haven't git back from March! The one time they did offer a courtesy hold I would have had to pay by yesterday and that would have been yet another really big lump of change out of my pocket...  Right now they sit on about 6000 of my dollars and I don't have even one booking... After being told "April 13, then 16 then 20 then certainly May 1 then not getting any of it, I'm not anxious to float even more out there and don't have it to "risk". 

30 minutes ago, deep1 said:

They wanted yet another bunch of deposits off the cash side (Bigger by a lot than the ones I got back) that I still haven't git back from March! The one time they did offer a courtesy hold I would have had to pay by yesterday and that would have been yet another really big lump of change out of my pocket...  Right now they sit on about 6000 of my dollars and I don't have even one booking... After being told "April 13, then 16 then 20 then certainly May 1 then not getting any of it, I'm not anxious to float even more out there and don't have it to "risk". 

Unfortunately it looks like you got some bad info. They allowed TA’s to place holds that didn’t expire until 5/31. There was no money deposit needed until then. 

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2020/03/21/royal-caribbean-letting-travel-agents-place-hold-cruise-reservations-through-end-of-may

1 hour ago, Jill said:

Wait for the next sale. Quite possibly this weekend. They’re going to have to cancel through the no sail order which is another 6 weeks of cruises. They’re going to need cash. I’m expecting another “sale” on fares and cruise planner. Don’t fret. 

Matt indicated that there would be another Cruise Planner sale starting on Friday (so they'll show up Thursday, probably).

12 hours ago, Andrew72681 said:

Unfortunately it looks like you got some bad info. They allowed TA’s to place holds that didn’t expire until 5/31. There was no money deposit needed until then. 

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2020/03/21/royal-caribbean-letting-travel-agents-place-hold-cruise-reservations-through-end-of-may

I get it and once again it was a RCL agent who steered me wrong... I don't think I have got the same story from any two reps since March. Sounds like they are chopping two dates out of my  want list today...  Even at the 31st, no guarantee I'll see any of my money back after so many flat out lies by them. Hope the prices adjust and I will jump on two of them. 

1 hour ago, deep1 said:

I get it and once again it was a RCL agent who steered me wrong... I don't think I have got the same story from any two reps since March. Sounds like they are chopping two dates out of my  want list today...  Even at the 31st, no guarantee I'll see any of my money back after so many flat out lies by them. Hope the prices adjust and I will jump on two of them. 

That’s another check in the box of using a reputable travel agency. 

I think the Cruise Planner sale has started!  On our (FINGERS CROSSED, FINGERS CROSSED, FINGERS CROSSED!) November T/A on Allure, we now have: Voom Surf/Stream back down to $11.49/day for 1 device or $17.99/day for 2 devices or $19.99/day for 4 devices; The Key is $19.99/day; DBP + Voom 1 device is $47/day. All USD.

14 hours ago, IRMO12HD said:

I think the Cruise Planner sale has started!  On our (FINGERS CROSSED, FINGERS CROSSED, FINGERS CROSSED!) November T/A on Allure, we now have: Voom Surf/Stream back down to $11.49/day for 1 device or $17.99/day for 2 devices or $19.99/day for 4 devices; The Key is $19.99/day; DBP + Voom 1 device is $47/day. All USD.

Yes it has

On 5/21/2020 at 9:30 AM, Matt said:

Yes it has

Would be nice to get in on that but new cruises I have been planning to book doubled in price this week while I have not been refunded on two or FCC on two... So I'm  just flapping around in the breeze waiting...