Symphony of the Seas June 13th Sailing Miami, FL

Our sailing is less than 1 month away.  All other cruise lines have delayed sailings until at least July per recommendation of the CDC. This will be one of the first cruises that departs after RC's official hiatus. We do not want to be guinea pigs and I feel like RC is playing a game of covid chicken with its guests to avoid refunding if they cancel and hoping scared passengers will take the credit option instead. What are your thoughts? If you're booked for this cruise, are you going?

27 minutes ago, PL california said:

Our sailing is less than 1 month away.  All other cruise lines have delayed sailings until at least July per recommendation of the CDC. This will be one of the first cruises that departs after RC's official hiatus. We do not want to be guinea pigs and I feel like RC is playing a game of covid chicken with its guests to avoid refunding if they cancel and hoping scared passengers will take the credit option instead. What are your thoughts? If you're booked for this cruise, are you going?

I wouldn’t call it a game of chicken, as @KathyC has said many times, they’re so far behind on cancellations they can’t add any more. There are still people from the first and second wave of cancellations that still haven’t gotten their FCC’s (like me even though they’ve promised three times I’d have it by now), so they have to wait till they get caught back up before adding tens of thousand more records to the top of the pile. 

7 hours ago, jakedasnake said:

I'm on the symphony 27th cruise, and if I can get on a ship with minimal people, I will go. It is doubtful but hey I can wish. 

My concern is not if it goes, but what itinerary will it be? I know a lot of the Caribbean islands are not open for tourism so maybe Coco Caye and maybe Labadee. Some people are happy to just be on the ship but I’m not that person. I don’t like sea days and I like to go to places and do things on land. I would not be happy if I didn’t get to go on the itinerary I signed up for but that’s just me. 

It's a shame that we all have to speculate on what Royal is going to do!  They have dropped the ball on many things related to this virus, and I am tried of hearing excuses.  They have had ENOUGH time to figure this stuff out. 

This quote from "bobroo" was said perfectly, 

"Why do so many people here have a difficult time for Royal being exposed for doing something obviously wrong?"

It's LESS then one month till June 12th, they know if they are going to sail on this date TODAY! 

Royal indicates when something is updated related to COVID 19 on the web site.  It says it was updated today,  It would be great to know what the heck it is?

One last thing, I can't wait for the "Memorial Day Sale" to be published!  It's going to be AMAZING, not holding my breath!

5 hours ago, Matt S said:

I got a reply on RCI Facebook Messenger today from Jo-Ann about my June 14th Harmony cruise.  She said "There are no changes to the sailing and we're excited to welcome you onboard". 

Will be great if it stays that way!! And if it does....live blog pleeeeeeease! Lol

20 hours ago, Matt S said:

I got a reply on RCI Facebook Messenger today from Jo-Ann about my June 14th Harmony cruise.  She said "There are no changes to the sailing and we're excited to welcome you onboard". 

I'm on the same cruise.  I've considered lift and shift, but Allure is out of Cape Canaveral next  year, and it's not a given that it will have all of the amplification done for then.  

9 minutes ago, darkprime said:

I'm on the same cruise.  I've considered lift and shift, but Allure is out of Cape Canaveral next  year, and it's not a given that it will have all of the amplification done for then.  

Lift and shift doesn’t have to be the same vessel. Just same length, itinerary, and cabin type. 

20 hours ago, RBRSKI said:

It's a shame that we all have to speculate on what Royal is going to do!  They have dropped the ball on many things related to this virus, and I am tried of hearing excuses.  They have had ENOUGH time to figure this stuff out. 

This quote from "bobroo" was said perfectly, 

"Why do so many people here have a difficult time for Royal being exposed for doing something obviously wrong?"

It's LESS then one month till June 12th, they know if they are going to sail on this date TODAY! 

Royal indicates when something is updated related to COVID 19 on the web site.  It says it was updated today,  It would be great to know what the heck it is?

One last thing, I can't wait for the "Memorial Day Sale" to be published!  It's going to be AMAZING, not holding my breath!

You can capture the page Pre and post changes and run a changes script if you are interested In seeing what has changed in the language. It’s pretty trivially easy to do that. 

1 hour ago, Andrew72681 said:

You can capture the page Pre and post changes and run a changes script if you are interested In seeing what has changed in the language. It’s pretty trivially easy to do that. 

How about they step up to the plate and indicate what has changed similar to when operations change during a hurricane.  I know I am asking to much from them!  This has been something they have never experienced!

During a hurricane there is a lot of historical knowledge to leverage to make decisions.  

This situation is very different.  Since most cruises involve stops in multiple countries they are having to deal with multiple unknowns.  When will the Bahamas reopen?  When will St. Maarten reopen?  When will Puerto Rico reopen? When will St. Kitts reopen?  And so on. 

Equally unknown, how will each nation respond when a second wave hits?  What threshold will trigger the Bahamas to close?  What threshold will close St. Maarten?   

This same phenomenon impacts multiple states involved.  When will New Jersey reopen ports and how will New Jersey react if a second wave hits while a ship has departed from a New Jersey home port?   When will Florida reopen ports and how will Florida react if a second wave hits while a ship has departed from a Florida home port?   When will Texas reopen ports and how will Texas react if a second wave hits while a ship has departed from a Texas home port?   How will Florida react to a ship departing from New Jersey?  Historically Florida has been very quick to ban even it's own residents from returning on a ship, what would they do with a ship full of NYC residents?

How exactly is any cruise line supposed to make decisions when there is no consistency across the U.S. or the world?  The CDC can't or won't publish guidelines for reopening states nevermind the travel industry.  Most states have ignored the few CDC guidelines that were published. Yet somehow cruise line operations are supposed to have a crystal ball to predict the future?