Royal Caribbean Blog

After having called RCL daily regarding refund follow up's per my previous posting (again expert with follow ups and work in logistics)... please note that ALL agents are generally cross trained. Originally I had to wait on hold up to 2 hours to speak to Customer Service (Corporate Guest Relations based in Manila).

Some key points to note when calling RCL about how your call gets routed:

Sales & Reservations -- US based (up to 8 pm PST) 1-866-562-7625
Corporate Guest Relations (Customer Service) - Guatamala -  1-800-205-9812 / 1-800-256-6649 
RCL resolutions (escalated calls) & Post Cruise Dept - (also handles Guest relations during overnight hours) - 1-800-256-6649

* Generally the US Based sales agents can troubleshoot existing reservations so if Customer Service has a long hold time (more than 10 minutes) - one can generally get through to sales (MAKE NEW RESERVATION line) with less than a 5 minute wait. They can often modify or update reservations and deal with FCC's. Of course they prefer not to do this, but there's a way less wait time to speak to the sales agents who are also cross-trained. Phone line has less static than offshore.

* When calling 1-866-562-7625 - in the unlikely event where even the Sales / New reservations Line is engaged for more than 10 minutes, one can also pres EXT 3 (If you are a guest working with a TA or a TA); then press EXT 1 (for new bookings). It routes directly to customer service and you get through before people on regular customer service, TA's get priority - however the Guatamala Customer Service team that picks up has no idea if one is a TA or not. This routing option is way faster than calling and waiting on hold.

* If all else fails, call in the overnight hours repeating the above point - basically after 10 PM PST - you will get someone in Guatamala for Sales or Manila for Post-Cruise. This is the time where they tend to be the most helpful due to low call volume. Some pointers thought I'd share for others.

Here are some key points

15 hours ago, crisgold52 said:

Some key points to note when calling RCL about how your call gets routed:

Sales & Reservations -- US based (up to 8 pm PST) 1-866-562-7625
Corporate Guest Relations (Customer Service) - Guatamala -  1-800-205-9812 / 1-800-256-6649 
RCL resolutions (escalated calls) & Post Cruise Dept - (also handles Guest relations during overnight hours) - 1-800-256-6649

One time I got routed to 954 628-9585 and was told it was customer service.  Do you have any idea where that number goes?   I was on hold for about 30 minutes before someone answered.  I had a difficult time expressing my problem and I wasn't sure what their solution was.  I did understand the part about whether my problem was solved and I just said --- yes.  😄

Didn't there used to be an option when you called the main sales number to request an email of your cruise confirmation through the automated system?  I called earlier to get a copy but I don't think that option is in the automated prompts anymore.

Not to my knowledge no. if anyone wants to avoid a long hold time, simply press the extension for travel agent support - new booking OR call the Groups travel department. Again all agents are cross trained and waiting 5 minutes or less 90% of the time is way better than waiting 1.5 hours on the regular Corporate Guest Relations line.

The things one learns from repeated follow-ups and know how. Just thought I'd pass this on.