Panoramic (VP) or Junior Suite?!?! - Freedom OTS 2021

Alright y'all! We are less than a year out from our cruise on Freedom of the Seas ? We originally booked a Junior Suite, but the Oceanview Panoramic Suite (VP - No Balcony) is calling my name! (And so are the suite amenities ?)

The cost is really not that big of a difference. We were planning on purchasing The Key, so some of the benefits are similar. The hubby hates the idea of losing a balcony (we LOVED having one on Harmony), but the idea of the HUGE WINDOW is a big draw for me. Any input?! @Lovetocruise2002 I think I saw that you did the VP on your Indy sailing in 2019, but I couldn't find a live blog. 

Thanks in advance!!

I could never do a Panoramic, it would just drive me crazy to see the ocean, but not hear it or feel the breeze.  

I also think about the What If?  Imagine there is another outbreak of a virus and you are stuck in your cabin for multiple days like Princess in Italy.  At least in a balcony you can get fresh air.  Feel the sun directly shining on your face, instead of it being reflected off glass.

Only you can answer the one question that needs to be asked.  How often do you sit on the balcony?  For my hubby and I, we are sitting on our balcony at least 3 or 4 hrs everyday.  Breakfast on the balcony.  Cocktails pre-dinner on the balcony.  Late night conversations on the balcony. Sailing into or out of port on the balcony.   

3 hours ago, S0nny said:

Any input?! @Lovetocruise2002 I think I saw that you did the VP on your Indy sailing in 2019, but I couldn't find a live blog. 

Sadly, I think I am jinxed for sailing in this suite.  I have booked it more times than I can count and have had to cancel for different reasons.  I was really looking forward to finally trying it on Adventure 07/15/2020 but I am almost positive that will be another missed opportunity.

My opinion on the VP is that it is well worth the missing balcony for the space and full suite perks.  Given the choice between the VP and JS, I will always choose the VP.  In fact, my awesome TA said to me yesterday, "I noticed you always book VP on Freedom/Voyager class ships."  Reason is because it's the best value.  JS are okay, but no real suite perks.  The jump to a GS is often a big difference.  Category VP is a happy medium and you get a ton more space than a GS or JS.  Sometimes, you get lucky and the VP is cheaper than the JS.  One day, I will sail this suite.  I have two more bookings with this suite so hopefully those happen lol.

4 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Sadly, I think I am jinxed for sailing in this suite.  I have booked it more times than I can count and have had to cancel for different reasons. 

Oh no! I’m sorry ? I did a search of the blogs and saw some of your live posts mentioning your booking; I just thought I was missing it. You have the same thoughts about the perks as I do. I’ll keep my fingers crossed it all works out ??

5 hours ago, Andrew72681 said:

My one piece of input would be itinerary based, because you start out so much further south, those Freedom itineraries can sometimes be very port intensive (5 in 7 days) making for less relaxing time on the balcony. 

Thanks! You’re right... ours is. I didn’t think of that. As much as I love the balcony, I love being one of the few awake to watch the sunrise. There’s something serene about being on a huge empty deck watching the sunrise. 

5 hours ago, KristiZ said:

Having the concierge club is totally worth it, unless you're already Diamond Plus. And the potential free entertainment tour and suite reception and anything else? Sign me up!

Didn’t think about the concierge club! Thanks ? (we definitely aren’t Diamond Plus ??... it’s a shame my Royal Caribbean tier isn’t the same as my Royal Caribbean Blog status ?) This is a group cruise, so the exclusivity is actually a negative if we can’t spend it with our friends. (Although... giving a few high-browed downward glances at our friends in steerage would be funny ?)

6 hours ago, Pima1988 said:

Breakfast on the balcony.  Cocktails pre-dinner on the balcony.  Late night conversations on the balcony. Sailing into or out of port on the balcony.   

That was our favorite too... much to consider.