125% Cruise Planner Credit... finally!!!

I just got an email for our certificates for our cruise planner 125% credit.  62 days since email submitted for credit.  Amounts are correct from what I calculated.  Phew.  Problem is now all the sales ended for what I had in my cart.  Guess I won’t be calling them in just yet.  

We have to call a cruise advisor in order to use the credits.  There is no way to use them online.  Bummer.

Here are the details and FAQ from the email...

Please keep this email for your records as this will serve as proof of your credit when you're ready to use it on a new booking.

To apply this credit to your booking, please contact your Travel Advisor, or please contact us using the below information:

Here are some details about your credit to know:

• Your credit is based on the amount paid for Cruise Planner purchases for the guests on your cancelled reservation.
  • Transactions onboard Royal Caribbean International are conducted in USD, so we've provided your credit in USD for your convenience.
  • This credit is good for use on Cruise Planner Purchases and onboard as an Onboard Credit.
  • This credit is valid only for Royal Caribbean International sailings booked on or before December 31, 2021 that sail on or before April 30th, 2022.
  • If the credit is not applied to a valid sailing by December 31st, 2021 the credit will expire and will have no value.
  • Valid on new bookings or existing bookings on Royal Caribbean International sailings and are not valid on Complimentary cruises, Incentive bookings, and Charter sailings.
  • The credit amount is non-transferrable and non-refundable once it is issued and the entire value must be used on a single sailing. Any remaining balance not used by the last night of the sailing will be forfeit.
  • Royal Caribbean International reserves the right to void the credit amount if the guest named above receives another form of compensation, including a refund of Cruise Planner purchases and claiming through our travel protection.
  • Additional terms and conditions apply.

Since this program is new, we have some FAQs listed below to help you answer any questions you may have. Thank you for your continued support and understanding! We look forward to welcoming you back onboard in the near future.

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International

Brand

FAQS

What can I use this credit for? 
This credit can be applied to your reservation and used on purchases made through Cruise Planner or for purchases made once you're onboard.

If I only use a portion of the credit pre-cruise, how soon can I use it onboard? 
Any remaining credit will be available to use once you're onboard. Feel free to check your SeaPass through your RCI App or through your iTV, where available.

Why is my credit in USD and not in my booking's currency?
All transactions onboard are conducted in USD, so we've issued these credits in USD. Cruise Planner will automatically convert your amount to your booking currency for pre-cruise purchases.

Do I have to use this Onboard Credit on the same reservation where I apply my 125% FCC? 
Only if you want to! This Onboard Credit can be applied to the same sailing or a different sailing from your 125% FCC.

Can I split the Onboard Credit between two sailings?
Each individual credit must be applied to one sailing. You have until December 31st, 2021 to apply your credit to a sailing that departs on or before April 30th, 2022. So, you have plenty of options!

I know I can request a refund of my cruise instead of the FCC, can I also request a refund of my Cruise Planner credit?
Once you opt in for the Cruise Planner Credit and it's issued, it is non-refundable. So, we'll be unable to honor a request for reimbursement of this credit.

12 minutes ago, Leroyr55 said:

Still waiting and of course as you stated the sale is over with some pretty big price increases. ? ? 

No surprise! I'm sure they will jack prices on a lot of things to make revenue any way they can. RCI needs to be careful as customers won't take to kindly trying to fleece their customers.

21 minutes ago, Leroyr55 said:

Still waiting and of course as you stated the sale is over with some pretty big price increases. ? ? 

I checked on price for the deluxe drink package ( like I do every day) this morning, and it was still $44 a day.

In the afternoon, I received the Onboard credit and it was almost exactly what I had figured. I got ahold of my cabin mate, and she had also received the correct amount. The other couple we are traveling with got nothing so far.

When I went to the cruise planner, the drink package was up to $59 a day.

Times 4 of us,,,

Hopefully it will drop some before November.

1 hour ago, Bob Wise said:

I checked on price for the deluxe drink package ( like I do every day) this morning, and it was still $44 a day.

In the afternoon, I received the Onboard credit and it was almost exactly what I had figured. I got ahold of my cabin mate, and she had also received the correct amount. The other couple we are traveling with got nothing so far.

When I went to the cruise planner, the drink package was up to $59 a day.

Times 4 of us,,,

Hopefully it will drop some before November.

Exact same thing happened to me!  Was $44 this morning.  $59 after the email showed up.  I was not happy.  

55 minutes ago, squatopus said:

Received my credits this afternoon, too!

Question:  If I had a $50 promotional OBC on a cancelled cruise, is that supposed to carry over to my 125% Cruise Planner FCC, or is that gone?  I think it’s gone, but just curious.  

I’m pretty sure it’s gone.  My $25 OBC disappeared, as did the one with my son’s cabin.  I’m pretty sure I read somewhere that promotional credits didn’t carry over and were not eligible for FCC.  I’d have to dig through emails.  

9 minutes ago, DDaley said:

So let's say I go ahead and use my new 125% credit for the DBP and UDP now since it covers and they go back on sale later, can I still cancel and get the OBC back and repurchase with it as usual?

From the bullet point above:

• The credit amount is non-transferrable and non-refundable once it is issued and the entire value must be used on a single sailing. Any remaining balance not used by the last night of the sailing will be forfeit.

I would guess no you can’t price adjust...

I have to call later today anyway, I will ask and get back to you.  

Just now, Crazycruiser50 said:

From the bullet point above:

• The credit amount is non-transferrable and non-refundable once it is issued and the entire value must be used on a single sailing. Any remaining balance not used by the last night of the sailing will be forfeit.

I would guess no you can’t price adjust...

I have to call later today anyway, I will ask and get back to you.  

Hah!! Thanks so much, I saw that bullet and was thinking of it as "Oh, I can use it up until the last night of the cruise."  

46 minutes ago, DDaley said:

So let's say I go ahead and use my new 125% credit for the DBP and UDP now since it covers and they go back on sale later, can I still cancel and get the OBC back and repurchase with it as usual?

If you are doing it to take advantage of a price drop, yes.  Then anything you don't spend before the cruise will be available for you to spend while onboard the ship.  You just won't get any left over refunded to you if you don't use it all before getting off the ship.

11 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

If you are doing it to take advantage of a price drop, yes.  Then anything you don't spend before the cruise will be available for you to spend while onboard the ship.  You just won't get any left over refunded to you if you don't use it all before getting off the ship.

I think he meant spend it now, then cancel and re-apply to a price drop.  

Personally, I’m going to wait for the $44/nt DX and $118/pp for the unlimited dining sale before I cash it in.   (5 nt cruise in Nov).  

My OBC was only for 1/2 the amount so now have to wait for new one. Of course the sale is now over. ? 

Hopefully we’ll see a new sale Memorial Day. This last sale I’m sure generated much needed cash flow. When they get low, I expect planner purchases will drop again to generate $$. 

Update...got that squared away...now the pain lies with adding that to one of our existing reservations.  I called the company that booked our cruise and spent 1 hour on the phone with them only to find out that it would be possible 2 hours waiting for RCL on the phone with them to connect with RCL to add it to a current cruise booking. ?‍♂️ OMG can they make this more problematic and time consuming? ?

I asked if it would be a problem adding both Cruise Planner Certificates to an existing reservations and was told "We don't know and will have to ask RCL".  I gave up and said i will call back at a late time....they have beat me down... Insert beating dead horse here! ?

I still haven’t gotten through on the phone.  (Life got in the way).  Anyone know what the story is?  We just call and have them apply the certificates to a particular reservation and then we go online and book cruise planner items?  Or do we have to call them every time we want to purchase an item?  

Option 1 would be significantly easier as things go on sale at different times.  

On 5/14/2020 at 9:39 PM, Crazycruiser50 said:

I’m pretty sure it’s gone.  My $25 OBC disappeared, as did the one with my son’s cabin.  I’m pretty sure I read somewhere that promotional credits didn’t carry over and were not eligible for FCC.  I’d have to dig through emails.  

Verified last night on the phone that the only promotional OBC that would transfer over is OBC that you would get as part of a Next Cruise booking.  

On 5/16/2020 at 9:14 AM, mworkman said:

Rant:  Why is it that you have to have a TA add your Cruise Planner Credit to an existing cruise that you have booked? I didn't have to use them to book my excursions, wifi or drink package! Rant over! ??‍♂️

Agreed..seems there should be a way since you get a certificate number and all...but Royal's IT can't handle anything apparently.  You have to do the same for the Visa reward points OBC and the MyVegas OBC too.

On 5/16/2020 at 9:14 AM, mworkman said:

Rant:  Why is it that you have to have a TA add your Cruise Planner Credit to an existing cruise that you have booked? I didn't have to use them to book my excursions, wifi or drink package! Rant over! ??‍♂️

Please know that Travel Agents are wondering the same thing.  We were not involved in the cruise planner purchases nor do we see anything on them so to have us be the point of contact on this is strange.  We have no issues helping our clients, but we do not know if the amount is correct until we call in to ask.   We cannot see it anywhere.

4 minutes ago, mworkman said:

Well after speaking 2 1/2 hours on the phone, 20 minutes with the TA explaining what I have and what I wanted done and the remaining time waiting for RCCL to answer the phone.  I think it might be completed, but I will have to wait a week for verification as it’s supposed to post to my cruise planner as OBC.

I had a similar phone call involving the same type of people on Friday trying to get issues resolved with cruises back on 3/15 and 3/22.  Felt pretty good with what the Royal rep was telling me, now the wait begins again. 

On 5/16/2020 at 11:40 AM, Crazycruiser50 said:

I still haven’t gotten through on the phone.  (Life got in the way).  Anyone know what the story is?  We just call and have them apply the certificates to a particular reservation and then we go online and book cruise planner items?  Or do we have to call them every time we want to purchase an item?  

Option 1 would be significantly easier as things go on sale at different times.  

Current you call and they apply it all to your cruise planner account and you use it like traditional obc. Very simple. I had to wait 2 and a half hours on hold though

1 hour ago, Kcusack89 said:

Current you call and they apply it all to your cruise planner account and you use it like traditional obc. Very simple. I had to wait 2 and a half hours on hold though

Thanks, I got through on the phone a few days ago.  I posted my experience on a diff thread, but basically they told me I had to email someone to get it applied.  I asked to speak to a supervisor and they got it applied immediately.  Go figure...

I had some items I cancelled on my cruise planner as I was going to use this credit instead.  Usually when we cancel online it takes 5-10 days to refund to my CC.  Well, after 15 days I called again this morning and they said now it’s going to take 45 days.  Very annoying...

I highly recommend using this credit at the sale price you are comfortable with because trying to get them to make an adjustment if it goes on a deeper sale is going to be a nightmare.  

I am hoping to see some decent cruise planner sales this weekend.  

34 minutes ago, Crazycruiser50 said:

Thanks, I got through on the phone a few days ago.  I posted my experience on a diff thread, but basically they told me I had to email someone to get it applied.  I asked to speak to a supervisor and they got it applied immediately.  Go figure...

I had some items I cancelled on my cruise planner as I was going to use this credit instead.  Usually when we cancel online it takes 5-10 days to refund to my CC.  Well, after 15 days I called again this morning and they said now it’s going to take 45 days.  Very annoying...

I highly recommend using this credit at the sale price you are comfortable with because trying to get them to make an adjustment if it goes on a deeper sale is going to be a nightmare.  

I am hoping to see some decent cruise planner sales this weekend.  

If you cancel something you brought with obc it automatically credits back your credit so no worries about having to wait.

Just an FYI people the sales are so great this weekend atleast compared to my last cruise. I got everything we we wanted and had for our last cruise (only exception is I added a beach bungalow at labadee) and I still have $400 to kill. I may finally get that spa massage ??

We want to do the excape room but I'm thinking that may be on hold for awhile not sure they want people gathering in closed spaces touching a bunch of stuff just yet

Uggghhhh getting antsy waiting for my OBC to post to my CP. it was applied Tuesday by my TA. Now I wait for it to appear. I don’t want to miss this sale. ? Sale is good until the 28th, so I’ll sit and check my cruise planner every 15 minutes ?