Next round of cancellations, when?

So it's very obvious from yesterdays briefing by Michael Bayley that we're not going to start sailing in the next month, and certainly not from a European port, so please just get on and announce the next phase of cancellations. I appreciate they are trying to manage their cash flow (or hold onto our money depending on your viewpoint) but they are just increasing the frustration with their loyal customers. Long term no one will thank them for building up our hopes only to then cancel at the last minute.

If you follow their pattern my guess would be they won't cancel until around June 10th. Their first round of cancellations happened on March 12th and it went through April 12th. The second round was announced around April 12th and went through June 11th. I'm supposed to be on Indy July 11th out of Fort Lauderdale but the CDC order goes through the end of July so I'm not expecting to cruise and don't expect them to announce until mid-June that they're cancelling.  It's all a big waiting game at the moment. We all know there is going to be at least another round of cancellations, it's just a matter of when and for how long. 

I think its coming soon, but let's face it, they have not caught up with all the cancellations from the first round.  I know there has been a huge push to get those done and speed up the process (which seems to have created more errors) but i would think if they could wait until they at least had the first round done, it might make more sense for the skeleton crew that is working right now.  I know a lot of people think they are holding money for cash flow, but I honestly think the FCC and cancel process that they put in place that doesn't work with their system is the biggest issue.  Again - just my opinion.  I wish they could just rip the band-aid off and pull them all, but with the unknown of when they can actually start to sail, i don't see that happening.

Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury, I present a piece of credible evidence that my 1 August Symphony cruise MAY be sailing :

Today, the cost of the day pass at Coco Cay nearly doubled !!  Yesterday, it was $79 and today it is $149.

Of course, there are other reasons for this price jump - it could be selling out...but I choose to see it as being evidence that we are going !!

This cruise goes to both Labadee and Coco Cay, which would make it, seemingly, a top candidate for a "go" if ANY of the ships are going.

Fingers crossed....

2 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury, I present a piece of credible evidence that my 1 August Symphony cruise MAY be sailing :

Today, the cost of the day pass at Coco Cay nearly doubled !!  Yesterday, it was $79 and today it is $149.

Of course, there are other reasons for this price jump - it could be selling out...but I choose to see it as being evidence that we are going !!

This cruise goes to both Labadee and Coco Cay, which would make it, seemingly, a top candidate for a "go" if ANY of the ships are going.

Fingers crossed....

I also hope yours is a go.. I booked a 4 night on July 30 on Indy hoping since its a 4 night to Coco Cay and Bahamas it would be possibly the first to sail.. I don't have confidence in my Symphony July 25 and I have to be back by Aug 4.. So I thought I might as well try 4 night on July 30.. I am hoping it will be the first to sail lol I am crossing my fingers for both of us! 

1 hour ago, Katiemay0726 said:

If you follow their pattern my guess would be they won't cancel until around June 10th. Their first round of cancellations happened on March 12th and it went through April 12th. The second round was announced around April 12th and went through June 11th. I'm supposed to be on Indy July 11th out of Fort Lauderdale but the CDC order goes through the end of July so I'm not expecting to cruise and don't expect them to announce until mid-June that they're cancelling.  It's all a big waiting game at the moment. We all know there is going to be at least another round of cancellations, it's just a matter of when and for how long. 

June 10th seems a bit late because then they would be cancelling one day before some scheduled sailings on June 11th.  I would think they'd be announcing something in the next week or so to get it out there before memorial day (in the US).

19 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Fingers crossed....

haha! Isn't it sad that we get excited over price JUMPS these days know the possibility it holds! ? Fingers crossed for you!!! 

25 minutes ago, KyleW2 said:

Cruise scheduled for Adventure December 14th. Cruise planner sales are still the same for us today as it was yesterday, kind of odd as I thought the sale was supposed to end yesterday.

Yes, I noticed that, too.  All of the Cruise Planner items were the same EXCEPT for the Coco Cay items.  The price on the day pass to the Coco Beach Club nearly doubled - from $79 to $149.  Everything else seems to still be "on sale".

54 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Yes, I noticed that, too.  All of the Cruise Planner items were the same EXCEPT for the Coco Cay items.  The price on the day pass to the Coco Beach Club nearly doubled - from $79 to $149.  Everything else seems to still be "on sale".

Devil's advocate...........we better up the price, get people excited to get a little extra cash to hold for refunds later ?

I'm becoming very sour lately.

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

This prompted me to check my 6th Feb sailing on Anthem and I was pleased to see that the cost of the Beach Club pass has dropped from £90.44 to £60.04 since yesterday, so I snapped them up. Thanks so much! ❤️

My daughters & I are supposed to be on Indy for a June 22nd cruise....it is very stressful waiting to see if we get canceled because I don't want to book Coco Cay excursions just for them to have to refund me, but I also don't want them to sell out. I do see a few items that show sold out and others are getting more expensive, so I hope we get to go, but realistically I just don't know how RCL would do it unless we ditch the Nassau stop and do two private island stops.

9 hours ago, Loops said:

Have a 16 August 2020 Oasis Cruise out of Cape Liberty... I give it a 50/50 at best.  If it goes, I’m not sure I’ll be happy with any restrictions that may be in effect.

I’m also on this sailing and I’m with you. We’re willing to deal with any and all restrictions except if they make us wear a mask the entire time while on board. We were talking and that’s the deal breaker. 

Keeping my fingers crossed for our November sailing on the Oasis. I am really excited now as I originally had an interior room but was able to upgrade to an ocean view balcony for cheaper than my interior room. I'm guessing that cruise won't be as full as I thought now. I would think there are some good deals going for that cruise now!

On 5/14/2020 at 7:16 AM, Katiemay0726 said:

This timeline isn’t quite correct. 

Cancellations have come: 

March 13 (US)

March 14 (worldwide) 

March 24 (extended to May 11)

April 16 (extended to June 11)

This pattern says the next announcement will come today, May 25, after the closure of the stock market  

On 5/14/2020 at 10:16 AM, WAAAYTOOO said:

Yes, it's very weird and sad...

?

On 5/14/2020 at 9:54 AM, WAAAYTOOO said:

Fingers crossed....

The UDP went from $118 to $132 and the water park went from $79 to $94 on the July 20th Indy cruise and I told my husband that I think it is a sign that it may still be a go. I know I’m delusional but those little price increases made me excited. ??‍♀️

23 hours ago, CJS2766 said:

Keeping my fingers crossed for our November sailing on the Oasis. I am really excited now as I originally had an interior room but was able to upgrade to an ocean view balcony for cheaper than my interior room. I'm guessing that cruise won't be as full as I thought now. I would think there are some good deals going for that cruise now!

Which Oasis sailing in November are you on? I’m always on the lookout for others on the 11/8 sailing. 

9 hours ago, Andrew72681 said:

I see the Curly W in your profile. Are you also from the DC area? I’m in Frederick. 

I'm in Fairfax, just right outside of D.C. I had my Nats hat with me during our last cruise. It was right smack in the middle of the World Series. A lot of Astros fans on board. I think I was the only Nats fan. Sure was sweet when we won the series while on board ?

11 hours ago, Andrew72681 said:

Awesome. I’ll be there and at last check @Tiffeven was on that sailing as well. 

Yep, can't wait.  To be honest, I'm more excited about this sailing than my 9/20 sailing on Oasis out of Jersey.  It's hard to get excited for that one because I don't have as much confidence in it sailing especially out of Jersey.  November out of Florida, on the other hand, seems very optimistic. 

32 minutes ago, Tiffeven said:

Yep, can't wait.  To be honest, I'm more excited about this sailing than my 9/20 sailing on Oasis out of Jersey.  It's hard to get excited for that one because I don't have as much confidence in it sailing especially out of Jersey.  November out of Florida, on the other hand, seems very optimistic. 

Yeah. I’m in a similar boat and have assigned likelihood’s 

Harmony 8/16- 40%

Independence 10/22- 50%

Oasis 11/8- 60%
Celebrity Apex 11/21- 50% (worry about the smaller lines getting going)

2 hours ago, CJS2766 said:

I'm in Fairfax, just right outside of D.C. I had my Nats hat with me during our last cruise. It was right smack in the middle of the World Series. A lot of Astros fans on board. I think I was the only Nats fan. Sure was sweet when we won the series while on board ?

Cool, hopefully we’ll be able to watch a delayed World Series again onboard. 

• 3 months later...

Wanted to bring this back up and get peoples thoughts now with more information available such as rapid covid testing, some cruise lines starting to sail in Europe, CDC travel updates, etc. 

Currently with most RCL cruises cancelled until Nov. 1, when would you think we will hear about the next round of cancellations... or even better, a statement about confirming some cruises will actually happen as part of a phased in approach? As of today... that would put us about 60 days out for sailings. 

I am starting to think that we might have a chance for a small number of sailings to happen between different cruise lines. I think its just a matter of having one carrier make that call... and the rest will follow. (fingers crossed)

8 minutes ago, vanelli56 said:

Wanted to bring this back up and get peoples thoughts now with more information available such as rapid covid testing, some cruise lines starting to sail in Europe, CDC travel updates, etc. 

Currently with most RCL cruises cancelled until Nov. 1, when would you think we will hear about the next round of cancellations... or even better, a statement about confirming some cruises will actually happen as part of a phased in approach? As of today... that would put us about 60 days out for sailings. 

I am starting to think that we might have a chance for a small number of sailings to happen between different cruise lines. I think its just a matter of having one carrier make that call... and the rest will follow. (fingers crossed)

All guessing too.  I was following the Celebrity website and noticed this morning that Nov/Dec dates dropped off the site.  Yesterday, they were still marketing some Nov/Dec 20 cruises.  I posted a message, went back to the website and voila!,  Nov and Dec 2020 are still on the site.  Not sure if I had a bad cookie, if there was a error on the site, or an oops -  Immediately raised my skepticism.   

We're set to sail on Harmony, November 1st. I have a sense that RCL wants to use that date going forward as an experiment and phase-in period with reduced passenger capacity as well as an opportunity to institute new health protocols.

The idea of possibly cruising again is exciting and yet scary at the same time given that we would be their "guinea pigs".

7 minutes ago, cruisellama said:

All guessing too.  I was following the Celebrity website and noticed this morning that Nov/Dec dates dropped off the site.  Yesterday, they were still marketing some Nov/Dec 20 cruises.  I posted a message, went back to the website and voila!,  Nov and Dec 2020 are still on the site.  Not sure if I had a bad cookie, if there was a error on the site, or an oops -  Immediately raised my skepticism.   

I was spying the MSC site, and had a similar thing happen... could not get the Nov. seaside cruises to pull up from them. But other travel sites still showed it. So it made me wonder.  

8 minutes ago, whoa said:

We're set to sail on Harmony, November 1st. I have a sense that RCL wants to use that date going forward as an experiment and phase-in period going forward with reduced passenger capacity as well as an opportunity to institute new health protocols.

The idea of possibly cruising again is exciting and yet scary at the same time given that we would be their "guinea pigs".

Completely understand that thought process.. and I think each person has to weigh that in their decision to cruise or not.... personally.... sign me up! lol ?

But I think we all hope things get back to some form of normality soon. 

My personal thoughts are that we are getting close to a breakthrough that will lead to a restart of cruise ship travel in North America.

Cruising will restart slowly probably with just a few ships doing short cruises.  If that's what you have booked once the breakthrough occurs you may be in luck. 

They have stated time and again it will not be a light switch turning on with all ships heading to sea.  If you have booked a longer cruise I'm less confident we'll see action on those itineraries this year.   

Since I fly to cruise my booked cruises tend to be longer ones so while I'm hoping not many more cancel on me, I will likely have some more cancellations in my future.

This is just my gut reaction, I have no inside knowledge or proof.