What happened to past FCC Used on Canceled Cruise?

I had several FCC from being on a cruise during the past hurricane and had used several on cruises that were canceled. I called Royal........On hold first time ONE HOUR and 30 minutes, second time ONE HOUR, third time another Hour!!!   No seems to be able to answer the question when given the FCC Certificate number what happened to it. This greatly concerns me since I have FCC from two cruises that were canceled. Staff seems confused about these and when you add past ones they don't seem to know how to look them up. I was relieved to find I can change FCC back to a refund but what about FCC before that were used on canceled cruises??

P.S.  No response to emails either but they do answer the phone if you want to book another cruise!!!

It is my understanding when a cruise is canceled that you used an FCC on, the original FCC is reinstated.  I have one from Hurricane Dorian that I applied to a cruise that got canceled.  We've received the refund for the cruise for what we paid and have been told that the Dorian FCC  should be able to be applied to another cruise.

• 11 months later...

Okay, this is just a thought about the missing FCC vortex, @Sharla applied my FCC certificates to my Brilliance sailing, in the interum they kind of go missing. It is about 5,000.00 in FCC for the three of us with of course seperate certificate numbers all set to expire December 2021. 

I have decided to keep my notes and amounts close and relax, my TA is a Tiger. What if they are transferring the FCC certificates that expire 12/21 and generating new ones that expire Sept 2022 and there are so many that this is the vortex they are in? Kind of makes sense.

Im choosing to relax about it because even in June 2020 with my first cancellation, (that was a crazy Refund and FCC mess) but it all worked itself out. True I cant exactly access my monies/FCC now but I will have faith they will appear in the near future, this gigantic company will work it out, I have changed my attitude for the positive because the stress of it all hurts well....me! 

Lets hope we get sailing soon!