Majesty of the Seas 6/27 New Orleans

What are the chances the Majesty of the Seas 6/27 New Orleans cruise is going to happen? RC website indicates they are resuming cruises 6/12. Not sure if it is worth going if there are too many restrictions and limitations. What are your thoughts?

Edited by BryanCruise
Added more detail

4 minutes ago, BryanCruise said:

I am leaning towards this cruise not to happen on this date either. I am in the process of looking at later dates. Kids are going to be bummed.

How Far do you live From Florida? The options for cruises out of Florida are so much better.. Also the ships out of Florida are so much more kid friendly.. Majesty is such an old ship. Yes they have a splash zone and camp but that's about it for kids.. An Oasis class ship or if you want a smaller ship look at Navigator, Mariner, Freedom or Indy.. All have so much better things for kids to do..

While there may be ways to get around the CDC 100 day no sail order. It would depend on the state, Louisiana(NO) is much poorer than Florida or Texas and relies on touristy stuff. I doubt they have the money to comply with regulations or fight the order. Florida is pretty much cruise capital and Texas only shut down for like 2 weeks. I would pretty much say that sailing is 95% not going to happen as NO has not even come back from Katrina damage. NO is still in the thick of infection, 5 weeks is not enough time to get things in order. They may not cancel it but move the sailing to either Galveston or a port in Florida. I think in a week or so you will hear something.

1 hour ago, AGSLC5 said:

How Far do you live From Florida? The options for cruises out of Florida are so much better.. Also the ships out of Florida are so much more kid friendly.. Majesty is such an old ship. Yes they have a splash zone and camp but that's about it for kids.. An Oasis class ship or if you want a smaller ship look at Navigator, Mariner, Freedom or Indy.. All have so much better things for kids to do..

We are from CA so flights to Florida will be a little more than New Orleans which is not an issue. Researching other cruises from Florida now. Thanks!

1 hour ago, BryanCruise said:

We are from CA so flights to Florida will be a little more than New Orleans which is not an issue. Researching other cruises from Florida now. Thanks!

If you can do a late July or Early Aug cruise I would suggest that more than a cruise in June.. I just don't have confidence cruising will be back in June.. I live in South Florida we are just opening this coming Monday.. I can see us being ready by the end of July so check for that..