Allure amplification

1 hour ago, Jason12 said:

So with news some work will be done, let the guessing commence....

My guess and hope for guest enjoyment updates are....

Playmakers, Portside BBQ, Water slides, Abyss, loco Fresh, kids club, music hall...????

I translated the article into English for those who do not speak spanish.  Accordingly,  pay close attention to the RED HIGHLIGHTED BOLDED ITALICIZED verbage in the article in the 2nd paragarph, which specifically states what RCCL intends to complete on Allure of the Seas. Speculation and/or guessing is not needed since it is clearly stated. Hope this clears everything up for everyone!  Enjoy! :10_wink:

TUESDAY, MAY 12, 2020

Navantia Cádiz resumes the works of the cruises with the 'Allure of the Seas'

DIARIO DE CÁDIZIn the battle of the coronavirus: we keep our appointment at newsstands with informational displays on the pandemic

PROVINCE OF CADIZ

Navantia Cádiz resumes the works of the cruises with the 'Allure of the Seas'

• The Royal Caribbean ship will arrive in the coming days at the shipyard in the capital to carry out the stranding frustrated by the coronavirus pandemic

The 'Allure of the Seas', during the repair carried out in Navantia Cádiz in 2015.The 'Allure of the Seas', during the repair carried out in Navantia Cádiz in 2015.

The 'Allure of the Seas', during the repair carried out in Navantia Cádiz in 2015. / JULIO GONZÁLEZ

ALEJANDRO MARTINMay 11, 2020 - 8:45 p.m.

Large cruises return to the Bay. The Allure of the Seas is heading to the Navantia Cádiz shipyard to execute the beached scheduled for mid-March, which was postponed due to the outbreak of the coronavirus pandemic . The Royal Caribbean shipping vessel set sail last Saturday from the port of Southampton where it has been calling every ten days during the almost two months that it has been sailing in circles through the Irish Sea , and plans to enter the dock at the end of this weekfour from the Navantia factory in Cádiz, the only one in this shipyard that has the capacity to accommodate one of the largest cruise ships in the world, 362 meters long and 47 wide.

Although the pre-pandemic approach was a reform similar to the one carried out in the autumn at the Oasis of the Seas , the shipowner has decided to postpone the renovation of the cabins and focus on the propulsion and navigation elements , as indicated by the committee chairman. from the company of Navantia Cádiz, José Gallardo, who has indicated that the stay of the ship in the shipyard will last around thirty days . "The reform of the hotel is not going to be done, something logical given the situation of the cruise ship business," Gallardo said, referring to the paralysis that this sector is undergoing, with trips suspended worldwide due to the pandemic.

This will imply that the majority of the work is carried out by regular workers from Navantia and the auxiliary industry of the Bahí a, limiting the presence of foreign subcontractors. "It is a challenge and an opportunity to demonstrate to the customer the capacity of our industry," said the president of the works council.

After weeks of uncertainty about this important work, Royal Caribbean confirmed last week its intention to carry out the reform at the Cádiz shipyard, which represents an accolade for the Bay metal industry at a time of great economic uncertainty. The Allure of the Sea s is an old acquaintance of the shipyard, since five years ago Navantia Cádiz carried out a thorough revision that involved the replacement of one of its propellers , among other elements.

Meanwhile, the Cádiz shipyard continues to work on two other ships. The frigate Navarra is in dock one after the repair was reopened, interrupted by the declaration of the state of alarm . And at the end of the week, the Cecilia Payne ferry , from the Balearia shipping company, will leave the factory , after undergoing a scheduled maintenance operation. It should be remembered that this catamaran was transformed two years ago in Cádiz after Balearia acquired it from Irish Ferris, its sole owner since its launch in 1999.

Looking to the future, the factory has secured the landing of Juan Carlos I , the flagship of the Navy . According to the president of the works council, the repair of a new cruise ship is also under negotiation. the Celebrity Constellarion , and the world's largest ship specialized in underwater pipeline installation, the Solitaire,although neither of these two operations is yet closed .

COMMENT

OR SIGN UP
Enter comment

SEND COMMENT

0 COMMENTS

1000001_20170526rxN92j.gif

5 minutes ago, Jason12 said:

@princevaliantus matts reports say differently ??‍♂️ All guess work I suppose, but very exiting for all the, due to sail on her  ?

@Matt report and the article are exactly identical and @Matt also provided the link to the article. Where's the difference?? Am I missing something?? Let me know and I'll clear it up. I'm also excited to sail on her real soon.

3 minutes ago, joshgates said:

This portion of the post is just saying what was originally intended to be completed prior to the capital expenditure reductions or deferrals, while the linked article and translation list what's currently slated to be done.

Well the original list is massive compared and this, and this reads like it’s the new schedule ??‍♂️ We will know soon enough 

1 hour ago, Jason12 said:

Well the original list is massive compared and this, and this reads like it’s the new schedule ??‍♂️ We will know soon enough 

@Jason12  It doesn't seem like much of anything will be done that pertains to the amplification but I don't really care that much.   I am also booked on the trans Atlantic cruise on Allure for November 1st.  Do you know how Spain feels about cruise ships returning to operation? 

I was scheduled on the trans Atlantic to Southampton but Anthem is still floating off the coast of Florida.  

At least Allure will be in Spain for some maintenance.  From this side of the Atlantic it seems unlikely that she will be doing too many sailings in the Mediterranean this summer.  Allure will most likely depart from Barcelona and return to Miami this fall --- hopefully with passengers and crew.   I'm not sure how I will get to Barcelona but that is another issue.   I just hope the flight to Spain and cruise home again will involve more that 2 weeks at sea on Allure.

1 hour ago, Dad2Cue said:

@Jason12  It doesn't seem like much of anything will be done that pertains to the amplification but I don't really care that much.   I am also booked on the trans Atlantic cruise on Allure for November 1st.  Do you know how Spain feels about cruise ships returning to operation? 

I was scheduled on the trans Atlantic to Southampton but Anthem is still floating off the coast of Florida.  

At least Allure will be in Spain for some maintenance.  From this side of the Atlantic it seems unlikely that she will be doing too many sailings in the Mediterranean this summer.  Allure will most likely depart from Barcelona and return to Miami this fall --- hopefully with passengers and crew.   I'm not sure how I will get to Barcelona but that is another issue.   I just hope the flight to Spain and cruise home again will involve more that 2 weeks at sea on Allure.

I’m not sure it will sail with guests back to Miami ??‍♂️ Spain, France and Italy are making good progress to reopen but not sure that includes foreigners yet, flights will be the biggest problem getting people moved into position for cruises... hopefully see you onboard in November ?

1 hour ago, Matt said:

The only work being done to Allure will be propulsion and navigation systems.

This is confirmed, or what is known to date?  This was in your write up:

The amplification aspect of the work to be done is still being finalized, and Royal Caribbean will communicate an update when a plan is in place.

Is that suggesting that there is potentially some portion of the amplification work will be done?  That is how I took it since I'm booked in November and that is what I wanted to hear, or is that suggesting the amplification work that will be done at a future date?

14 minutes ago, gatorskin76 said:

This is confirmed, or what is known to date?  This was in your write up:

The amplification aspect of the work to be done is still being finalized, and Royal Caribbean will communicate an update when a plan is in place.

Is that suggesting that there is potentially some portion of the amplification work will be done?  That is how I took it since I'm booked in November and that is what I wanted to hear, or is that suggesting the amplification work that will be done at a future date?

Yep confused dot com... I will wait for RCI  to lease the details ??

@Jason12 Are you considered a foreigner to Spain now that the UK has left the EU?  I was thinking IF I could get to Spain AND enter Spain AND get on Allure THEN I could get home.  You may have problems on both ends because entering the USA may still be a problem for you.  Keep in mind that Miami and Florida might be making progress but Washington, DC might have an opinion.

1 hour ago, Dad2Cue said:

@Jason12 Are you considered a foreigner to Spain now that the UK has left the EU?  I was thinking IF I could get to Spain AND enter Spain AND get on Allure THEN I could get home.  You may have problems on both ends because entering the USA may still be a problem for you.  Keep in mind that Miami and Florida might be making progress but Washington, DC might have an opinion.

We were and always will be foreigners to all mainland Europe ?? we are not that liked ??‍♂️ We have flights booked for the 1st November just a two hour flight from the UK but might as well be the moon, we have Virgin flights booked to get us home all booked a day before lockdown and paid cash ?? 

29 minutes ago, Jason12 said:

We were and always will be foreigners to all mainland Europe ?? we are not that liked ??‍♂️ We have flights booked for the 1st November just a two hour flight from the UK but might as well be the moon, we have Virgin flights booked to get us home all booked a day before lockdown and paid cash ?? 

We had nice flights that were all paid for too.  Our cruise on Anthem to Southampton would have involved some train travel and hotels in the UK.  The original flight home was London to Chicago with a short connecting flight to home until everything started to fall apart.  Our flight home on United Airlines was rerouted from London to Newark to San Francisco to Denver to Chicago to home. United Airlines thought that was good so our flight wasn't canceled. The return part of the itinerary was our flight to Barcelona for the cruise on Allure in the fall.  United Airlines cancelled a segment on our return to Barcelona so that was my chance to cancel everything and get a refund.  I have a "refund request pending review" however a future electronic flight credit was e-mailed to me instantly. 

Cheers

1 minute ago, ChrisK2793 said:

‘QUOTE FROM ARTICLE:

We won’t be seeing any fancy new features as the focus will be mainly on the propulsion and navigation elements. The majority of work will be done by Navantia workers rather than subcontractors. No doubt social distancing will be followed during the upgrade and strict health protocols to make sure workers remain safe and healthy.”