Favorite after-dinner drink

JLMoran

13 hours ago, JLMoran said:

What is this? Never heard of it.

Here is whats in it, a little sweet for me.  Its served in a martini glass.  It's a Schooner Bar specialty, but we have been able to get it at other places around the ship (i.e. theater)

Brandy Alexander: Remy Martin VSOP and creme de cocoa dark shaken hard with half-and-half and double-strained and dusted with fresh nutmeg: $12

Edited by DandA

1 hour ago, DandA said:

Brandy Alexander: Remy Martin VSOP and creme de cocoa dark shaken hard with half-and-half and double-strained and dusted with fresh nutmeg: $12

That actually sounds really tasty, but I think I'd have to sub in proper light cream for half-and-half; not sure what's in that stuff, but it tears my insides apart like nobody's business.

20 hours ago, JLMoran said:

To riff a bit on the Favorite Food topic, what's your favorite after-dinner drink?

For me, it's Bailey's on the rocks; optionally with a shot of espresso mixed in.

Joe, I agree 100 percent with your choice. My second choice is, so long as it isn't empty, whatever is in my glass at the time.

1 hour ago, ellcee said:

Bailey's, Limoncello, a good drinking rum, amaretto.

^^^

Come to think of it, I had a very, VERY bad experience with limoncello in Naples a few years ago.  Limoncello in Italy is nothing more than moonshine.  I had to go and climb comm. towers the next day.  It was NOT pretty.

Amaretto.  UMMMM.....love it.  Try a pina colada with Amaretto (vs rum).  Liquid candy !

Sadly, my favorite after-dinner drink on the cruises no longer exists in its purest form.

Loved the daily special layered drinks in the special shooter glasses you could keep. We have quite the collection of those glasses and have parties for our friends where we serve different layered drinks we've tried over the years.

On my way to dinner a stop at the Wonderland bar for a Rolling Stone, although looking forward to trying the urban garden martini at CP150.  

After dinner an espresso martini or another stop up to Wonderland to ease into the evening before switching to Titos and soda with a slice of orange (occasional splash of cranberry too).

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Yum. That sounds really good.  I love anything with amaretto.

16 hours ago, JLMoran said:

Might have to try that one some time. Sounds tasty!

If you add a shot of vodka, it becomes a roasted toasted almond.  I make ours with vanilla almond milk, gives it extra flavor. 

@HeWhoWaits  I too thought that it was made with Frangelico.  I just remember back in my cocktail waitressing days (30 yrs ago), that this was a popular drink.  I just can't recall the other name, they are both identical just Frangelico in one compared to amaretto in the other.  I like amaretto, but I like Frangelico more. 

Those were the days of women ordering ….white Russians, Melon Balls, white wine spritzers and of course daiquiris and frozen margaritas. 

I worked at a very popular club, and we would say to anyone that ordered a daiquiri/margarita the blender was broken.  Bartenders couldn't waste their time making it.  Their belief was if you want a Margarita go to Chi-Chis (showing my age). It took too much effort which equaled less $$$ making tips compared to a Tanqueray and tonic.  Our bartenders would mutter nasty words, and there were times I saw them add "special" ingredients aka the drink mat liquid at the station.  From that point on I have always been easiest concoction. such as, Bourbon and Diet Coke and if I have a rita it is always on the rocks!

I wonder if they even sell Midori anymore!  

@Ogilthorpe  those were the days of layered shots and crazy named drinks. B52s, Green Martians, and every sexual innuendo!

My husband and I are laughing these days because back in the late 80s it was wine coolers in every flavor...Can we all say Bartle and James? How about ZIMA? Now it is Truly and the Claw.  Just like fashion, it all comes back around with a new twist just several decades later!

OBTW there is 1 more reason I drink my ritas on the rocks.  It is not that pre-made crap that runs and runs out of the slushy type machines.  EW gross!