Cruise with confidence and air fare

I searched the site but did not find the answer to my question.  I really want something to look forward to and would like to book a cruise for this fall.  I like the fact that we can cancel up to 48 hours prior to cruise-it makes me more comfortable on two levels: will it be safe to cruise and will our finances recover as well as we anticipate once the economy opens back up.  If we book air fare with the air to sea program, will that also be refunded?  Please know that I am truly not trying to game the system.  We really want to take a trip this fall, but my husband is self employed and has taken a hit this spring (as almost everyone has)-we are optimistic that things will be fine by mid-summer, but there are lots of uncertainties.  

I am also looking at a college graduation trip to Europe for next summer for my youngest and have the same concerns re: travel and air fare for that trip-not so much finances but whether travel will be allowed.

As always, thanks.

1 minute ago, Fairlynew said:

I searched the site but did not find the answer to my question.  I really want something to look forward to and would like to book a cruise for this fall.  I like the fact that we can cancel up to 48 hours prior to cruise-it makes me more comfortable on two levels: will it be safe to cruise and will our finances recover as well as we anticipate once the economy opens back up.  If we book air fare with the air to sea program, will that also be refunded?  Please know that I am truly not trying to game the system.  We really want to take a trip this fall, but my husband is self employed and has taken a hit this spring (as almost everyone has)-we are optimistic that things will be fine by mid-summer, but there are lots of uncertainties.  

I am also looking at a college graduation trip to Europe for next summer for my youngest and have the same concerns re: travel and air fare for that trip-not so much finances but whether travel will be allowed.

As always, thanks.

As I understand it, Cruise with Confidence just ensures you a future cruise credit and not a refund. Not sure if that matters to you. I don’t know about the airfare and I’ll yield to a pro in that one?.

I can't speak exactly to your question, but I can tell you my experience with Lift & Shift (which is part of the enhanced Cruise with Confidence). I had booked my return air through Flights by Celebrity, the equivalent of Air2Sea with Royal. Importantly, I made sure to pick a flight marked as refundable -- not all flight options offer this!

Today, when I confirmed that I wanted to do the L&S for my Iceland & Greenland cruise and push it to 2021, I was told by my TA that the linked air fare would be refunded and credited to my card. It was not issued as any kind of future flight credit or the like, and I will be on my own to book a new return flight when options become available.

Hope this helps!