Future Cruise Credit

1 hour ago, KevinJ said:

Has anyone received a corrected FCC without having to call? I got the 5/9 low ball credit. I did get my CPC on 5/14 and it was correct. 

Same. Our TA looked into it that same week, and they told her they hoped to have it completed by this past week.... which as you know did not happen. 

But, like you... did get the CPC and it was correct. 

Not holding my breath for this week... but it would be nice. We moved our cruise out a year with L&S, so not too worried about it right now... but will still be looking out for it. 

@Matt @Lovetocruise2002@WAAAYTOOO@AnnetteJackson I do not want to start yet another thread, what in your estimation is the refund time for cruise planner purchases? I submitted mine on 22 April, still waiting, should I call?  Also, the 125%FCC? I specifically am opting for Royal to cancel 28 June 2020 but realized after final payment that the same ship, same itinerary, SAME CABIN was available a month later after CDC no sail expires on 26 July 2020. Sharla tried like hell but could not get the sailing "to slide" over. Must cancel & re book! So to book this the FCC could not be used, correct as I would not have received it? I understand FCC are running about 45 to 60 days? I sent an email to Mr. Fain asking to see the forest though the tree's.......never heard back, oh well. Thoughts? I have zero fear of sailing ASAP and am sad they won't allow this switch, I can't place another $9,000.00 on the credit card AGAIN. I want to sail, AND I want Sharla (MEI) to get paid she has been working her booty off for us! I FEEL for her!!!

I’m a bad one to ask about refunds as I have heard zip about my cancelled Majesty Cruise.  ...but it is technically still cruising around out there somewhere, without me on it.  It will “end” this Sunday, at which time it will be officially cancelled in their system. I fully expect it to be another 45 days before I receive any FCC. If I’m lucky I may get taxes, ports fees and gratuities in a week or so. I Don’t look for any FCCs for some time.

@Neesa I was supposed to be on the same sailing as @Ogilthorpe on 3/15.  I got my FCC and cruise planner/taxes refund all back on 5/4.  So you might be waiting a while.  On our roll call group (we kept that running to see how long it was taking for people to get their FCCs and money back) there are still some people today who have nothing yet.

@Lovetocruise2002 thank you also for taking the time, trying to plan my credit card is "HOT" right now~!  We are still trying to celebrate an amazing 8th grade graduation and am trying to make it work. Sailing #1 but if not I want to put this vibrating credit card to work for something just as amazing!. I feel so bad these kids have worked so hard to have their fun crushed, to early to learn such a hard life lesson! PLUS I want to SAIL!!!!! Thanks so much, I appreciate it :) OKAY let's face it, it's all about ME!!!!!

Well called last night got right through just to be told may 30/31 for my correction to come through. Agent was not sure why anyone got an email saying 5/14 and doesn't have any note in my reservation indicating I received an email. Ill just wait till may 31 and hope royal doesn't cancel more sailings.

Can I also add how ridiculous it is that for my planner credit I have to call to reserve things. Silly me thought the phone number provided was something special for jsut the cruise planner bookings. Nope  it's the regular number. I've been on hold for an hour jsut to buy stuff that I could have clicked and brought in seconds online. How dumb not to jsut give us on board credit and let us book ourselves. Nope let's jsut add to the already insane call times

Update on FCC...guess I spoke too soon as I was on hold with royal about my cruise planner credit and got notification that I received my full future cruise credit! So that's resolved

Okay update for applying your Future Cruise Planner Credit!!

You have to call to get the total added to your account. Once you call and they add it it's much like regular on board credit. It shows up right in your cruise planner. Forgot to ask what happens if you cancel and rebook (if you find a cheaper price during a sale) as I was on hold for 2 hours and 30 minutes but I'm sure someone will have the answer to that.

All in all good day and I was able to snag a beach bungalows on Columbus cove for labadee Haiti!

For those waiting for their incorrect 125% FCC to get corrected... (5/14 promise)

I had to call yesterday about something else (who knows the list is so long of mess ups).  Anyway, they said the correct amount is now showing on my FCC certificates even though we never received an email with the new amount.  

So, if you are getting close to your final payment date you might want to call for an update on your FCC as I suspect the emails might never show up.  

Just FYI... we just received our FCC e-mail this morning for our cancelled 5/31/20 Oasis sailing... they got it right and it's actually almost $2 more than I had calculated.  ?

They had indicated today (5/22/20) would be the day they would be working on this round of cancellations.

Just waiting on the 125% Cruise Planner OBC and the refund to my CC for the port fees, expenses and taxes...

Thanks for the update, @JohnK6404! I've been rushing to check my email every time my device tells me I have incoming mail -- and this gives me hope that I might see it today!

Waiting for an FCC for a June 4 cruise (cancelled by RCCL), the refund of a deposit for a July 15 cruise (self-cancelled), and some OBC.

May the odds be ever in our favor!

1 minute ago, vanelli56 said:

Update.... 

Updated email for corrected FCC came thru today...... 

Still completely wrong after a 2nd try.  

(Face palm)

Really?! We got ours last week from our TA but actually gotan email from royal today with the credit too so did my brother in law.

Finally right after only giving us $800 the last time

3 minutes ago, Kcusack89 said:

Really?! We got ours last week from our TA but actually gotan email from royal today with the credit too so did my brother in law.

Finally right after only giving us $800 the last time

Yep... really.  Lol

This was for a forced cancelation so we opted for the 125% Fcc. We recieved our taxes and fees refund a couple weeks ago, and got caught up in the wave of Fcc the other week that almost all of them were wrong.  

We are expecting a Fcc of $2560 total.  The first round we only got about $1000 total.  (500 each). 

Fast forward to today,  the email explained is the same certificate from before,  just reflecting the accurate and updated total.  (Not additional). Total today, $2008 ($1004 each). 

(Sigh)

Luckily it's no rush for us.... just frustration.  

Also waiting on a missing $125-ish credit card refund for another cabin,  that somehow was not included in last week's credit card refund from royal.  

(Double frustration) 

We got our today and the total correct, however what they did was take the total we spent, multiplied by 1.25 and then divided by three, the total for our party. So we all got the same amount. Now when I go to apply this to our upcoming cruises, my wife is customer #1 so always pays the most, I'm number 2 and pay less, and my son pays even less. SO my wife will not have enough to cover her portions while my son will have too much. I thought we were each supposed to get 1.25 of our individual exspenses.

4 minutes ago, KevinJ said:

We got our today and the total correct, however what they did was take the total we spent, multiplied by 1.25 and then divided by three, the total for our party. So we all got the same amount. Now when I go to apply this to our upcoming cruises, my wife is customer #1 so always pays the most, I'm number 2 and pay less, and my son pays even less. SO my wife will not have enough to cover her portions while my son will have too much. I thought we were each supposed to get 1.25 of our individual exspenses.

Yep it is how is suppose to be calculated. They did ours like that too. We both got the same amount. But it worked for us. I upgraded to a Junior suite to soak up the credits and paid the difference

43 minutes ago, mworkman said:

Okay..let me see if i got this correct, with 2 people in a room,  your FCC amount will be split between both individuals for your final amount of 125%, correct? 

Yep, we got one e-mail with two FCC certificate numbers in the identical amount (each certificate is half the total 125% FCC amount). One unique certificate number in my name and the other in my wife’s name.

As per the conditions on the e-mail, each FCC certificate is only good for that named guest. However, I thought I read on the forum that RC will sometimes make exceptions (eg. guest unable or unwilling to cruise again). Of course not relevant if your going to cruise with the same people!

12 hours ago, KevinJ said:

2 hours ago, mworkman said:

Okay..let me see if i got this correct, with 2 people in a room,  your FCC amount will be split between both individuals for your final amount of 125%, correct? 

1 hour ago, JohnK6404 said:

As per the conditions on the e-mail, each FCC certificate is only good for that named guest. However, I thought I read on the forum that RC will sometimes make exceptions (eg. guest unable or unwilling to cruise again). Of course not relevant if your going to cruise with the same people!

The same thing happened to us.  We got our FCCs back and there were 4 of us.  The total was split evenly by 4.  I was concerned about applying this at first because passenger 3&4 never pay that much.  However, my TA assured me that as long as you are applying the FCC for the same 4 people, the amounts don't matter.  They will just look at the total.  She was able to get the FCC (with the even amounts) applied without a problem to my final payment this past week.

Hello! 
This is my first time posting here but have been reading through the forum for a while.

I am wondering if anyone would have any advise on how to work out what the fcc should work out to be? We booked our cruise directly through royal caribbean (I’ve learned now my mistake!) for a sailing on allure in June as a package which included the cruise, flights & transfers but also included tickets to Portaventura theme park and 2 nights stay in the resort hotel. I still can’t seem to get any answers as to if the themepark tickets are refundable. As we booked this as a package I’m not sure on what the individual costs are. After reading through this thread I’m wary of the breakdown that eventually comes!

Welcome to the blog, @Salem.  Your situation seems about as complicated as they come !!!  So it sounds like you opted for the FCC  and not the cash refund ?  I'm afraid that most likely, no one here can answer your question about the theme park tickets, but I think that since you booked everything through Royal, it would all be refundable or eligible for the FCC (whichever you chose)...but that's just a guess.

All of the taxes, port fees and gratuities (if they were prepaid) would be refunded as cash to your credit card.  Did you request that your cruise planner/excursions be refunded or did you request an FCC for those ?  The only thing that will appear as FCC (if you asked for your cruise planner items to be refunded) is actual cruise fare so I would suggest that you would simply multiply your cruise fare by 1.25 and that should be the total amount of your FCC. There have been wild variances in how that FCC is divided (to whom the FCC is assigned) so I won't even suggest a guess on that and I have NO idea what they will do with your hotel reservations and theme park tickets.  Sounds like you had a really GREAT vacation planned.  So sorry that it went off into the ditch.

48 minutes ago, Salem said:

Hello! 
This is my first time posting here but have been reading through the forum for a while.

I am wondering if anyone would have any advise on how to work out what the fcc should work out to be? We booked our cruise directly through royal caribbean (I’ve learned now my mistake!) for a sailing on allure in June as a package which included the cruise, flights & transfers but also included tickets to Portaventura theme park and 2 nights stay in the resort hotel. I still can’t seem to get any answers as to if the themepark tickets are refundable. As we booked this as a package I’m not sure on what the individual costs are. After reading through this thread I’m wary of the breakdown that eventually comes!

If you can post a picture of your cruise fare break down I will attempt to tell you what your FCC should be as mine turned out to be what I expected it to be from my calculations

As for the hotel and theme park tickets I'd assume they will just be a straight refund. I can't imagine that they wouldn't be. But of course a dreaded phone call to rc would be the only way to weed that one out. Sounded like a ton of fun!

2 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Welcome to the blog, @Salem.  Your situation seems about as complicated as they come !!!  So it sounds like you opted for the FCC  and not the cash refund ?  I'm afraid that most likely, no one here can answer your question about the theme park tickets, but I think that since you booked everything through Royal, it would all be refundable or eligible for the FCC (whichever you chose)...but that's just a guess.

All of the taxes, port fees and gratuities (if they were prepaid) would be refunded as cash to your credit card.  Did you request that your cruise planner/excursions be refunded or did you request an FCC for those ?  The only thing that will appear as FCC (if you asked for your cruise planner items to be refunded) is actual cruise fare so I would suggest that you would simply multiply your cruise fare by 1.25 and that should be the total amount of your FCC. There have been wild variances in how that FCC is divided (to whom the FCC is assigned) so I won't even suggest a guess on that and I have NO idea what they will do with your hotel reservations and theme park tickets.  Sounds like you had a really GREAT vacation planned.  So sorry that it went off into the ditch.

Thank you for your reply! 
Yes we opted for the fcc, got to have something to look forward to! I was a bit confused on whether the 125% for the cruise planner items were redeemable before sail or only whilst onboard so I opted just for the refund and had an email today confirming the amount and process for that which is good! 
I’ll have to take another look through my initial email with the booking confirmation and then just keep waiting on the fcc email to pop up!

Thanks again ☺️

1 hour ago, Kcusack89 said:

If you can post a picture of your cruise fare break down I will attempt to tell you what your FCC should be as mine turned out to be what I expected it to be from my calculations

As for the hotel and theme park tickets I'd assume they will just be a straight refund. I can't imagine that they wouldn't be. But of course a dreaded phone call to rc would be the only way to weed that one out. Sounded like a ton of fun!

Hi, thanks for your reply!

Hopefully I have attached the right picture, this seems to be the only pricing I ever received, the other information I have just breaks down all the bits that are included in the package in more detail (flight times, hotel name etc) but doesn’t specify costings. 

Not to worry if it doesn’t make any sense! Hurts my head even looking through it ?

F65A7C18-4D77-4E7B-8163-1DA801B3A754.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Salem said:

Hi, thanks for your reply!

Hopefully I have attached the right picture, this seems to be the only pricing I ever received, the other information I have just breaks down all the bits that are included in the package in more detail (flight times, hotel name etc) but doesn’t specify costings. 

Not to worry if it doesn’t make any sense! Hurts my head even looking through it ?

F65A7C18-4D77-4E7B-8163-1DA801B3A754.jpeg

So from this you'd subtract taxes, fees, port expenses, gratuity then multiply the answer.by 1.25. if this break down for just one person or whole group?

If it's more then one person then it will be wrong as each person on the booking gets their own credit. 

15 minutes ago, Kcusack89 said:

So from this you'd subtract taxes, fees, port expenses, gratuity then multiply the answer.by 1.25. if this break down for just one person or whole group?

If it's more then one person then it will be wrong as each person on the booking gets their own credit. 

Ah this is where it gets even more tricky! The booking is for four people (two couples) in two separate rooms, although this is a group booking it is still under two booking numbers for each couple so I believe the costing is for two people? As nice as it would be to get the 125% by just subtracting gratuities and taxes etc I don't think it will work out as much as it should be just a straight refund for the hotel/flights etc which are currently included in the above package price!

I think like you said with this one it means another phone call with a few more questions and just counting on the breakdown that does come through on the fcc is correct!

Thanks for your help ☺️

Last night was a 6 hour marathon on the phone about my FCC that failed to arrive on 5/22 as promised... Do these agents take us for brain dead?  They tried no fewer than 12 different complete lies before realizing that I had come to the table very well prepared. Among them was "you didn't make your final payment". ""You did make your final payment but did it wrong" " You didn't request fcc til today? " "you requested fcc on 5/22" "We refunded your money instead" ... The list was endless... I have had my fill of having my intelligence insulted... They finally did find that they had the FCC attached  to the reservations but all in the wrong amounts... Got that "escalated" and should have in hand by Friday... While I was in wrecking ball mode I rode them like a rusty ten speed and got two of my refunds that I have been waiting on since March  paid... Damn they do things weird... Each tax, each fee, each gratuity, each fare... For each person... All goes back to the same "one card" that was charged the one time for everything... No wonder it takes so long... Absolutely no reason that I should have to fight that hard to get my own money back in place to spend it with  them again...

Now I get to figure how to convince them to do the right thing and honor the booking price for the next cruise that I had tried to sign up for but couldn't because they had all of my money... 

We currently have over $10,000 in FCC for 3 RCCL cancelled cruises.  We also have a cruise in September with payment coming due in a few days where we paid a sizable cash deposit.  Plus RCCL owes us nearly $2000 in taxes and fees refunds.

While trying to apply our FCCs to cover the costs of the upcoming cruise, our TA was told that apparently only one FCC can be applied at a time and they (RCCL) had already applied the smallest FCC ($759) to the balance due.

So.... they (RCCL) have not yet refunded payments made in good faith by us for cruises they (RCCL) cancelled and now they are apparently not accepting their own FCC for upcoming European cruises -- expecting us to pay even more cash for a cruise that may or may not occur if CoVid-19 raises its ugly head in the Fall?  Sounds kind of like a scheme where new money is used to pay back old money...

Disappointing.

We thought we had found our forever cruise line (we also have status at Princess and NCL) and were the next cruise away from Diamond status -- plus we are stockholders who believed in the company enough to not have sold our shares -- even when the stock took a giant tumble. 

I made the suggestion before and I'll make it again -- cruise companies should allow customers to hold off on final payments until 30 days from embarkation until this whole virus thing gets sorted out.  I also think they should accept all FCC certificates owed to customers -- not just a single certificate that they (RCCL) apparently chose to apply to an invoice.

Once again -- disappointing.

Update in the past 30 minutes:  Cancelled all upcoming RCCL cruise reservations and requested refunds.  Not including FCC bonus, we're gonna lose nearly a $1,000 in fees and prepaid items RCCL stated they would not refund.  Heaven knows when we will actually receive the many thousands of dollars we have already paid for the three cruises THEY cancelled (only 2 of the 3 were virus related)

Rethinking future RCCL travel as not interested in playing their games about all the money we had to pay them MONTHS in advance of a cruise.  Of course, they could not see this happening.  They could; however, change their payment policies for upcoming cruises to keep their customers.  We expect to be cruising again -- perhaps just not with RCCL

Edited by Traveler_B
Updated response from RCCL to TA

FCC and Cruise Planner refunds at 125% have truly been a trying experience. I'm happy to say my FCC came back to me correct (after the first wrong one) to within a dollar. My 125% cruise planner refund came back on the nose. I realize I didn't have anything complicated like others but just wanted to bring some good news to this thread.

13 hours ago, Okgladgal said:

FCC and Cruise Planner refunds at 125% have truly been a trying experience. I'm happy to say my FCC came back to me correct (after the first wrong one) to within a dollar. My 125% cruise planner refund came back on the nose. I realize I didn't have anything complicated like others but just wanted to bring some good news to this thread.

Same here, Just waiting on taxes and port fees now, but I have no expectation of receiving before July, so very positive experience for me as well.

19 hours ago, Spang1974 said:

Same here, Just waiting on taxes and port fees now, but I have no expectation of receiving before July, so very positive experience for me as well.

So weird...I received my taxes and port fees back to my credit card first thing.

Hi all,

In similar boat ( excuse pun) to many on this thread . 
would like to see if anyone else has had the serious problems we have in claiming the credits and applying to new booking for next year and any advice 

mypartner has been on phone for well over 1.t hrs and passed to 5 different phone numbers , in uk and international , around royal  Carribean. 
seems a lot of misunderstanding between departmentS as to who can deal with re booking as 

- we phone from uk but paying in US $ 

-booked Through calls to casino royals tele no last year for anthem this Friday 

- have received the cruise credit emails after asking where they were. 
- on fifth transfer, details taken and new booking made for next year but person on phone couldn’t make reduction on booking for 125%. Told  we should email a website and that will allow us to show reduction . This web address seems to Leeds to some dodgy coupon sites.

- the 125% amount is not correct and we have lost all of the booking reductions  promotions from original booking .
- when asked if any benefit being Daimond told well you have had some reduction -( $100 each which was the current booking promo. ) REALLY . 
- no casino Royale benefits , which we did have for cruise that was cancelled by Royal  , lady on phone didn’t seem to know anything about this. 

anyone know who we can talk to / email to try and get it sorted. 
many thanks