Future Cruise Credit

2 minutes ago, JohnK6404 said:

Awesome!  Exactly what we calculated! ?

Yes looks like we conquered royal math 101 ?

Also glad I don't have to wait forever and a day for a new FCC to come back in. I'm all set to apply to my October cruise...supposedly we should be getting our 125% cruise planner credit on friday. Very interested in how their going to calculate this one as it's never been done before.

Will we get 125% of each item I brought on the planner

Will we get 125% of the total price of cruise planner items

Tune in this Friday to see the next wonder of royal math unfold?

On 5/10/2020 at 8:03 AM, vanelli56 said:

Same..... was supposed to recieved over 2000 in fcc...  got my email yesterday.... only 500. 

Seriously Royal!?!

Facebook groups are lighting up... apparently this weekend Fcc is a complete cluster $%#@. 

Just spoke with our TA... she said she was just off the phone with RC and confirmed that a lot of FCC's this weekend were issued incorrectly... including ours. But that it would be rectified in the next few days to a week. 

On another note.... we had a replacement cruise rescheduled due to a May cancellation... it was on 'hold' with a zero deposit thru the end of May... which RC allowed during this time for people getting a FCC from previously cancelled cruises.... We'll while checking on our FCC and the potential for a 'lift and shift'.... RC has just magically cancelled our reservation. 

So in a way... the messed up FCC was a blessing... in that it allowed our TA to discover our hold had been cancelled. Thankfully they were able to reinstate it no problem. 

Now... fingers crossed.... our Lift and Shift gets processed with out any issues. (crossing all fingers, toes, etc.)

Let me join the choir singing praises to all agents in general and my Travel Agent, Patty King, who spent hours on the phone with RCL and confirmed that my FCC has been figured correctly now and that my OBC is also, apparently, correct now.  My greatest concern was that there was neither a standard procedure for figuring FCC nor sufficient oversight for the process.  That said, our TA (who also spent hours on the phone so I didn't have to do that) is a classic example of a professional and a great reason to use an Agent when booking your cruise.  I was a believer in enlisting a TA before, but now am even more so.  We'll be cruising the 9 day out of Vancouver next May!  One last note:  it appears that my "insurance" will be returned - it is just a separate transaction.

I had tried emailing the Royal Caribbean vacation planner I'd used to book our honeymoon to begin with. I was hoping she solve the problem, b/c she was so helpful the first time they canceled a cruise on us (prior to coronavirus).  Unfortunately, this is what I got back:

Hello Elizabeth,

I’ve forward your email to our post cruise customer service to follow up on your credit amounts and refunds. 

I’m currently not able to dial out as we are backing up our service department, but hopefully you will hear something in the next day or two.

Take care,

Best Regards,
Your Dedicated Royal Vacation Planner 

3 hours ago, vanelli56 said:

Just spoke with our TA... she said she was just off the phone with RC and confirmed that a lot of FCC's this weekend were issued incorrectly... including ours. But that it would be rectified in the next few days to a week. 

On another note.... we had a replacement cruise rescheduled due to a May cancellation... it was on 'hold' with a zero deposit thru the end of May... which RC allowed during this time for people getting a FCC from previously cancelled cruises.... We'll while checking on our FCC and the potential for a 'lift and shift'.... RC has just magically cancelled our reservation. 

So in a way... the messed up FCC was a blessing... in that it allowed our TA to discover our hold had been cancelled. Thankfully they were able to reinstate it no problem. 

Now... fingers crossed.... our Lift and Shift gets processed with out any issues. (crossing all fingers, toes, etc.)

What I don't understand is if they are aware of the issue - why not send out a correction email explaining? They are basically clogging their phone lines for no reason.

I will give you a follow up to our incorrect 125% FCC amount.  

Issue 1: Spent 20 mins on hold this morning and got a very rude agent.  She placed me on hold and then somehow got “disconnected.”  I am off today and was willing to spend all day on the phone until we got this sorted out.  

Call number 2- I was on hold 40 mins this time, but got a very friendly English speaking man.  He looked up our amounts and apologized and said they were in fact incorrect.  He resubmitted our FCC request, but said it could take up to 3 weeks... ughhh

Issue 2: My son and daughter were in the adjoining room next to us and we got their FC credit 2 weeks ago (which was the correct amount).  I followed the instructions online and applied both their FCC’s for our cruise in November.  My son’s came back the same day with the credit, but my daughters never did.  So I asked him about that as well.  He said I needed to re-apply my daughter’s certificate.  I tried multiple times and it kept coming back with an oops message.  Finally, this afternoon it worked!  Yay!  Point is, keep an eye on them when you apply them.  

Issue 3:  We had 2 random refunds on my CC a few days ago and I inquired as to what they were.  Turns out they issued a separate refund for gratuities and one for taxes and port fees.  Just for our room.  So I asked about the Protection Plan.  He said it’s a third party vendor and could take a few extra weeks to see that refund.  As far as my son and daughter’s room it still showed pending for their grat and tax refunds.  

Clearly there is no order for these things and you have to pay close attention.  

Issue 4: Our 125% Cruise Planner Credit.  This one annoyed me the most as there are some great sales going on right now.  I told the gentleman I was told over a month ago that the credit would be issued when my FCC was issued.  Clearly it wasn’t.  He said all I can see is that it still says pending and he had no clue when I would actually see the funds to be used for a future cruise.  

I am very “loyal to royal”, but I will say my frustration with this whole process is running on very thin ice.  I wish they would get their “stuff” together before they start offering all these programs that clearly their IT Dept has no way of handling.  

Hope this helps...

1 hour ago, Crazycruiser50 said:

I will give you a follow up to our incorrect 125% FCC amount.  

Issue 1: Spent 20 mins on hold this morning and got a very rude agent.  She placed me on hold and then somehow got “disconnected.”  I am off today and was willing to spend all day on the phone until we got this sorted out.  

Call number 2- I was on hold 40 mins this time, but got a very friendly English speaking man.  He looked up our amounts and apologized and said they were in fact incorrect.  He resubmitted our FCC request, but said it could take up to 3 weeks... ughhh

Issue 2: My son and daughter were in the adjoining room next to us and we got their FC credit 2 weeks ago (which was the correct amount).  I followed the instructions online and applied both their FCC’s for our cruise in November.  My son’s came back the same day with the credit, but my daughters never did.  So I asked him about that as well.  He said I needed to re-apply my daughter’s certificate.  I tried multiple times and it kept coming back with an oops message.  Finally, this afternoon it worked!  Yay!  Point is, keep an eye on them when you apply them.  

Issue 3:  We had 2 random refunds on my CC a few days ago and I inquired as to what they were.  Turns out they issued a separate refund for gratuities and one for taxes and port fees.  Just for our room.  So I asked about the Protection Plan.  He said it’s a third party vendor and could take a few extra weeks to see that refund.  As far as my son and daughter’s room it still showed pending for their grat and tax refunds.  

Clearly there is no order for these things and you have to pay close attention.  

Issue 4: Our 125% Cruise Planner Credit.  This one annoyed me the most as there are some great sales going on right now.  I told the gentleman I was told over a month ago that the credit would be issued when my FCC was issued.  Clearly it wasn’t.  He said all I can see is that it still says pending and he had no clue when I would actually see the funds to be used for a future cruise.  

I am very “loyal to royal”, but I will say my frustration with this whole process is running on very thin ice.  I wish they would get their “stuff” together before they start offering all these programs that clearly their IT Dept has no way of handling.  

Hope this helps...

I've been assured that the cruise planner credit will arrive may 15

So so so frustrated with Royal Caribbean International!!!

1) We book a cruise for April 8th using a gift certificate for the majority of the stateroom reservation $1685 of which only $185 was not covered by our gift certificate
2) In Aug of 2019 the April 8th cruise is canceled, we rebook for a cruise April 12 for $1526, the balance is applied to on board credit
3) Nov 2019 we buy additional onboard purchases such as the unlimited dining, and beverage packages as well as a short excursion $1334.58
4) March 23 the April 12th cruise is canceled. We are offered a refund or 125% Future Cruise Credit (FCC) for the stateroom reservation and on board extras.
5) April 5th we call royal caribbean and after speaking it through with the representative select 125%. We expect a FCC of $4,529.69 which is 125% of total amount spent.
6) April 23 we call to follow up on our FCC and we are told we will not be receiving 125% for our stateroom reservation b/c we paid for it with a gift certificate. I tell the resolution manager that had I initially been told this info, i would have wanted a refund. He tells me he understands and will process the refund instead of the FCC. So i now expect $1500 gift certificate and $1334.98 refund to my card
7) May 8th I call to follow up on the refund. I'm now told that it doesn't matter that i wasn't given the correct info on April 5th, or that i was promised a refund on April 23rd. I will be only be given the 125% on the additional onboard purchases. I will be given the gift certificate back at the original amount. In no uncertain terms, i will NOT get any refund back beyond an FCC credit. The customer service then casually mentions seeing a FCC being processed in the system for roughly half of the amount i paid for the additional onboard purchases. I ask to speak to a manager who will give me a detailed itemized summary of my FCC, and who can point out the language that was provided to me excluding gift certificate purchases from the 125% promotion (b/c i've reread the emails and can find no mention). I'm promised a resolution manager will call me back with this info within 24 hours. So the new information sounds like i will only be getting the $1500 gift certificate and $1,899.74 FCC
8)May 8th i get an email with no explanation with a FCC credit of $818, which make zero sense in any context. 
9) May 11th, I call and am on hold for 1 hour 21 min before speaking to someone, who then puts me on hold to get a manager, 35 additional minutes later i'm hung up on without explanation, I call that afternoon and am hung up on after about 40 min. I am on hold for a 3rd time today currently at 1 hour 30 min and counting. I have also tried emailing the royal caribbean vacation planner who originally helped us book the trip. She just told me she forwarded it to customer service. I also submitted a complaint through the website webform. On my 3rd attempt and after another 2 hours of hold I finally get to speak to someone again. She agrees that she can't find it in writing anywhere that the 125% does not apply towards purchases make with a gift certificate, but that its just a "known policy internally" and that basically I'm SOL and there is nothing to be done. They are aware of the FCC issues and are working to fix them, although she didn't want to give me a date since all the dates and information they'd given me in the past have been incorrect. 

I know you're having issues. We all are. I postponed my wedding and my husband hasn't been working for ~ 2 months. I get it. But be upfront, be honest, be consistent, and honor your words. 

On 5/10/2020 at 2:28 AM, spiralqueen said:

I came on the blog to talk about the importance of TAs and saw this thread that ties into my point. So my sailing that we had is a 3 person sailing and we paid around $3,400 total for our JS (excluding taxes and port fees). I got an email from Royal today telling us we got our FCC issued! Very exciting! Except it’s for 2 of 3 passengers and only for $420 each which is NOWHERE near the realm of what we should have gotten, not even taking the 125% aspect into account. 

All I had to do was forward that to @michelle basically going “what in the world???” And she replies back within hours (emphasis mine) “yes all the ones they just did this week are all wrong

We will get it all straightened out – so frustrating.  

I will take care of it so no worries” 

The amount of relief I felt when I found out I wouldn’t have to wait on hold to argue with Royal is legit invaluable. I can’t believe this level of service is free to me. @Matt is SO right when he says that you think you don’t need a travel agent until you really, really do. 

SO happy to help you and for us - its not as hard cause we know exactly what to ask for - just glad Royal realized the issue as well and are working on them now too!
Happy that you are entrusting your trips to us at MEI-Travel - we appreciate the support !

For anyone following along I received my 125% CRUISE PLANNER credit today.

Looks like each person on the reservation gets their own credit similar to the FCC . So for example I bought escape room tickets for me and my husband but also my brother in law and sister in another room. All four of us got a credit for that even though I bought the tickets.

Looks like they added all the excursions and purchases up then multiplied by 1.25 to get the extra 25%. You do not get 125% credit for each item canceled.

Came out to be slightly more then I was expecting.

Also I do not beleive on board credit was allocated in this. I think that stands alone but I could be wrong

I also received my 125% cruise planner credit today as well. I was happy with the amount. I did see how it says you have to apply it to a single sailing, which I wasn't expecting, but it's totally ok! I know we'll figure out something to apply it to outside of our drink packages.

I do have a question as I might have missed it along the lines..let's say, I use it all. What happens if the price drops on my drink package? Normally I would cancel and rebook. But how does it work in this case using a FCC? Do I get that difference back as a cruise planner credit again?

18 minutes ago, CruzOnBye said:

I do have a question as I might have missed it along the lines..let's say, I use it all. What happens if the price drops on my drink package? Normally I would cancel and rebook. But how does it work in this case using a FCC? Do I get that difference back as a cruise planner credit again?

I had the same exact thought and my guess is it will be single use only. So i have a list of what I paid for each excursion and package and will just aim to get at or below that price. As long as I break even I'm fine with whatever

I know the answer is buried deep in the forum here somewhere... but just wanted to check in a topic getting some views right now. 

We had to put down a $500 deposit on a cruise prior to getting our full FCC. Once we finally get the rest of our FCC, can we apply it all to the cruise and get our deposit back? (Granted it may take a while)

Thanks in advance for the info. 

57 minutes ago, vanelli56 said:

I know the answer is buried deep in the forum here somewhere... but just wanted to check in a topic getting some views right now. 

We had to put down a $500 deposit on a cruise prior to getting our full FCC. Once we finally get the rest of our FCC, can we apply it all to the cruise and get our deposit back? (Granted it may take a while)

Thanks in advance for the info. 

FCC cannot be used to pay for port fees and taxes.  The deposit is applied towards those items then the resulting overpayment (if any) has traditionally been credited back.    

1 hour ago, twangster said:

FCC cannot be used to pay for port fees and taxes.  The deposit is applied towards those items then the resulting overpayment (if any) has traditionally been credited back.    

I gotcha

Guess I'll just have to plan another cruise with the extra FCC left over! 

Oh.... darn!  Lol ? 

17 hours ago, CruzOnBye said:

If you're talking about the OBC, when you call to have it applied to a sailing it should appear as available credit in the cruise planner.  You can choose to use it to pay for your purchases whenever you check out.  If you're going to take advantage of a price drop on a cruise planner item, any used OBC will be refunded immediately and should be available for the subsequent repurchase.  

10 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

If you're talking about the OBC, when you call to have it applied to a sailing it should appear as available credit in the cruise planner.  You can choose to use it to pay for your purchases whenever you check out.  If you're going to take advantage of a price drop on a cruise planner item, any used OBC will be refunded immediately and should be available for the subsequent repurchase.  

I dunno if that's how it will work for the cruise planner 125% credit. Rules seem set. We even have to call for each purchase which is annoying seeing as call times are so long

Screenshot_20200515-102734.png

Screenshot_20200515-102802.png

Just now, Kcusack89 said:

I dunno if that's how it will work for the cruise planner 125% credit. Rules seem set. We even have to call for each purchase which is annoying seeing as call times are so long

I just read it as you have to call them to apply your OBC to a particular reservation.  You have the 125% OBC for $400, you call them and tell them to apply it to X reservation and then it appears in your cruise planner as available credit the same way the booking incentives do.

1 hour ago, Kcusack89 said:

Has anyone received the other half of the FCC that were suppose to come on 5/14?

No. And even though I got the message on 5/11 they never issued the FCC before. So we’re now on three communications with deadlines they set and failed to meet. 
54 days and counting

10 minutes ago, Andrew72681 said:

No. And even though I got the message on 5/11 they never issued the FCC before. So we’re now on three communications with deadlines they set and failed to meet. 
54 days and counting

So annoying. Why even send that email if they're not going to get the proper FCC given. We had to negotiate to keep our current October booking bc royal wanted to delete our reservation on 5/15. I refuse to give them more money before my FCC comes through

1 hour ago, Kcusack89 said:

So annoying. Why even send that email if they're not going to get the proper FCC given. We had to negotiate to keep our current October booking bc royal wanted to delete our reservation on 5/15. I refuse to give them more money before my FCC comes through

They’re too big a company to have such poor corporate communication skills. It clearly wasn’t just a PR effort with the communication on 5/11 that promised 5/14. Customer service should have been adamant that email never went out if they couldn’t actually meet that goal. 

I too had not received our FCC after 5/14, so just called last night around 9:00PM EST and asked.  Didn’t have to wait for the first representative, but did hold for about 10-15 minutes for a supervisor to correct our FCC that was issued on 5/9.  Wanted to get everything settled when/if another round of cancellations are announced  

Finally can say that we now have our 125% FCC, our 125% OBC and our taxes/gratuities/fees have been refunded for our 4/13 sailing on Independence of the Seas.  

5 minutes ago, squatopus said:

I too had not received our FCC after 5/14, so just called last night around 9:00PM EST and asked.  Didn’t have to wait for the first representative, but did hold for about 10-15 minutes for a supervisor to correct our FCC that was issued on 5/9.  Wanted to get everything settled when/if another round of cancellations are announced  

Finally can say that we now have our 125% FCC, our 125% OBC and our taxes/gratuities/fees have been refunded for our 4/13 sailing on Independence of the Seas.  

So you called and got the code immediately on the phone and did not have to wait longer? 

I'll have to get my travel agent to call Monday and push for it. I do not want to get stuck when royal.has their next wave of cancellations and still not have my credit

50 minutes ago, Kcusack89 said:

So you called and got the code immediately on the phone and did not have to wait longer? 

I'll have to get my travel agent to call Monday and push for it. I do not want to get stuck when royal.has their next wave of cancellations and still not have my credit

Correct.  I already had the FCC codes from 5/9, but the amounts were half of what we should have received.  The codes remained the same that I received on 5/9, but were corrected by the supervisor for the amounts.  So during my call last night, I was informed of the new FCC amount (which was correct by my calculations) and that I would not receive any kind of email with the corrected amount.  She asked me to write it down if needed.  

She was also helpful in applying our 125% OBC to our next cruise in 2021.  Already showing in the Cruise Planner as a credit.

8 minutes ago, squatopus said:

Correct.  I already had the FCC codes from 5/9, but the amounts were half of what we should have received.  The codes remained the same that I received on 5/9, but were corrected by the supervisor for the amounts.  So during my call last night, I was informed of the new FCC amount (which was correct by my calculations) and that I would not receive any kind of email with the corrected amount.  She asked me to write it down if needed.  

She was also helpful in applying our 125% OBC to our next cruise in 2021.  Already showing in the Cruise Planner as a credit.

Sounds like the same situation I am in. I only have some of my FCC. I'll have my agent call tomorrow! Thank you

28 minutes ago, KevinJ said:

Has anyone received a corrected FCC without having to call? I got the 5/9 low ball credit. I did get my CPC on 5/14 and it was correct. 

Not yet, I called this morning to get my cruise planner credit applied to a booking in Nov (which will probably cancel anyway).  They said I had to send the info to some email address and it would take a few days to apply.  I was not happy with that answer and waited an additional 15 mins for a supervisor and he applied it immediately.  

As far as the wrong FCC amount, I asked him if he could fix that for us too and he said it’s already in the re-processing phase and he can’t mess with it now.  He said expect it updated in a day or 2.  

Not holding my breath...