Future Cruise Credit

So guys or received my future cruise credit today which is exciting except it's no where in the ballpark of what I thought I should be getting. In fact.my husband and I got the same exact amount which shouldn't be the case since we booked with a 60% off second passanger deal.

I'll post our breakdown and a screen shot of the money we received

I know royal has some strange math but by my calculations it should have been soemthing like

Passenger 1: 1332

Passenger 2: 496

Screenshot_20200430-204638.png

Screenshot_20200509-165913.png

I would think (and I am just surmising here) they took the total amount you actually paid for the sailing then took off the taxes and port fees to be credited to original form of payment and then added the 25% additional to that and then split the amount by the 2 of you. At the end of the day it is 125% of what left your wallet for entire sailing minus the taxes and fees. The 60% off thing is just a promotion to get us to bite!

This is why when mine is cancelled in June Sharla my TA will serve me up the math. I hope this helped but again just thinking out loud here. Good luck, stay safe and healthy. 

4 minutes ago, Neesa said:

I would think (and I am just surmising here) they took the total amount you actually paid for the sailing then took off the taxes and port fees to be credited to original form of payment and then added the 25% additional to that and then split the amount by the 2 of you. At the end of the day it is 125% of what left your wallet for entire sailing minus the taxes and fees. The 60% off thing is just a promotion to get us to bite!

This is why when mine is cancelled in June Sharla my TA will serve me up the math. I hope this helped but again just thinking out loud here. Good luck, stay safe and healthy. 

I'm not sure how it can be 125% of what I paid when 800 isn't anywhere close im completely stumped and feel robbed

Oh boy sorry on my phone didn't see your numbers, okay 1947.94 -taxes fees 201.94 = 1746.00 plus the 25% 218.00 total 1964.25 so by my calculations if I am doing it right you should EACH get 982.00 future credit back. IF my thinking is correct. Ugh, so Sorry you are experiencing this! I am sure I am not helping but call tonight after 2200hrs and get someone to explain it, help @Matt can you shed some light?

1 minute ago, Neesa said:

Oh boy sorry on my phone didn't see your numbers, okay 1947.94 -taxes fees 201.94 = 1746.00 plus the 25% 218.00 total 1964.25 so by my calculations if I am doing it right you should EACH get 982.00 future credit back. IF my thinking is correct. Ugh, so Sorry you are experiencing this! I am sure I am not helping but call tonight after 2200hrs and get someone to explain it, help @Matt can you shed some light?

Thanks for the advice thankfully I have off work and can call that late. I got my travel agent involved too so may jsut let her Duke it out first but if anything MAYBE my on credit should be around 400 but the second no way

Man I'm disappointed by this

OK... let me give it a shot... my understanding (for what little it's worth as I am still waiting for everything):

You have $1,947.94 in Total Charges...

$1,746.00 Cruise Fare x 125% = $2,182.50 FCC (total)

$201.94 = Refunded taxes, fees and port expenses to your original Credit Card

*** Ooops! After looking at the invoice, I'm not sure how your gratuities and Vacation Protection Plan factor in... I think you get that refunded to your credit card.

If that's true, then the totals would be:

$1,463.00 Cruise Fare x 125% = $1,828.75 FCC (total)

$484.94 = Refunded gratuities, VPP, taxes, fees and port expenses to your Credit Card

I hope that doesn't confuse you... Let's see what the folks that received their FCC and refunds have to say!

Either way, $802 FCC makes no sense!

28 minutes ago, Kcusack89 said:

I'm not sure how it can be 125% of what I paid when 800 isn't anywhere close im completely stumped and feel robbed

It does seem like they made a mistake in the calculations.  Based on your invoice, I would expect an amount closer to what you already calculated.  I'm sure your TA will get it resolved.

5 minutes ago, karl_nj said:

It does seem like they made a mistake in the calculations.  Based on your invoice, I would expect an amount closer to what you already calculated.  I'm sure your TA will get it resolved.

Thank you I'm sitting here at my table with a pencil and paper trying to figure out how they get 400 each when we paid 1464 originally ? I'm hoping my ta gets to the bottom of it

10 minutes ago, Kcusack89 said:

Thank you I'm sitting here at my table with a pencil and paper trying to figure out how they get 400 each when we paid 1464 originally ? I'm hoping my ta gets to the bottom of it

Did you previously get a refund to your credit card in the total amount of $484.94 (everything other than the actual cruise fare)?

3 minutes ago, Okgladgal said:

We received our FCC today and I don't understand their math on it, either. What do y'all think about this? $654 X 2 = $1308.00 

Scan 3.jpeg

Looks like we got the same royal employee doing our credits . I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out how 802 equates to 1464

Waiting on my travel agent to respond

Do you have a TA? If not I'd call back tonight and see what they have to say

1 minute ago, Kcusack89 said:

Looks like we got the same royal employee doing our credits . I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out how 802 equates to 1464

Waiting on my travel agent to respond

Do you have a TA? If not I'd call back tonight and see what they have to say

I didn't use a TA on this one, but I have one now. Maybe she can figure it out. 

Please report back as soon as this is figured out. It seems straightforward yet.......My June will be cancelled 99%sure and I was going for the 125% FCC at that time. Reading all of these confusing posts is making me re-think that. Why Royal, why? I am also still waiting for a "cruise planner mistake" to be corrected even though they said it was taken care of, and additionally almost $900.00 for another Cruise Planner Re-price for an additional sailing. Please RCCL take care of your Loyal fan base, correctly the first time. 

Thank goodness for our MEI, they will get it sorted!

@AnnetteJackson said a while back that they were noticing some hinky things with the FCCs RCCL has issued in the last couple of weeks. I mean, I got a second one in the same exact amount (50% of my fare) for a cruise I cancelled back in March (and I'm the only traveler...), and I had previously gotten back taxes, fees, and 50% of my fare on my card; so now, I've gotten basically 150% cruise fare back on that one. I'm not touching either one of them yet, in part because I'm waiting to see if they tell me one of them is voided. I'm expecting the one for my cancelled June and the one for my self-cancelled July cruise soon, and you can bet I'll be going over each of them with a fine-tooth comb.

I really hope this all gets figured out; the last thing RCCL needs is to be perceived as short-changing their customers. ?

4 hours ago, Kcusack89 said:

So guys or received my future cruise credit today which is exciting except it's no where in the ballpark of what I thought I should be getting. In fact.my husband and I got the same exact amount which shouldn't be the case since we booked with a 60% off second passanger deal.

I'll post our breakdown and a screen shot of the money we received

I know royal has some strange math but by my calculations it should have been soemthing like

Passenger 1: 1332

Passenger 2: 496

Screenshot_20200430-204638.png

Screenshot_20200509-165913.png

I'm in a similar situation.  Even if you subtract the Cruise Cancellation fee (which they shouldn't and I will fuss about since I didn't cancel - it''s a reimbursement) they still granted me over $2000 less than I should get and more than a $1000 less than I paid for the berth alone.  This can't fly - or float....  My guess is that they brought in some temps who don't know the business.  At least I hope that's the problem. I'm looking for my first cruise and I can go somewhere else (and sell my stock).

5 hours ago, JohnK6404 said:

OK... let me give it a shot... my understanding (for what little it's worth as I am still waiting for everything):

You have $1,947.94 in Total Charges...

$1,746.00 Cruise Fare x 125% = $2,182.50 FCC (total)

$201.94 = Refunded taxes, fees and port expenses to your original Credit Card

*** Ooops! After looking at the invoice, I'm not sure how your gratuities and Vacation Protection Plan factor in... I think you get that refunded to your credit card.

If that's true, then the totals would be:

$1,463.00 Cruise Fare x 125% = $1,828.75 FCC (total)

$484.94 = Refunded gratuities, VPP, taxes, fees and port expenses to your Credit Card

I hope that doesn't confuse you... Let's see what the folks that received their FCC and refunds have to say!

Either way, $802 FCC makes no sense!

I got the taxes, gratuity, and air fare refunded, but no sign of the Protection Plan on either my my refund or (certainly) not on the Credit... I'm short at least $1K from my original payment!  My TA is going to work the issue, too.  Hopefully she can get someone with a "figgerer"  to "figger" it out....

I came on the blog to talk about the importance of TAs and saw this thread that ties into my point. So my sailing that we had is a 3 person sailing and we paid around $3,400 total for our JS (excluding taxes and port fees). I got an email from Royal today telling us we got our FCC issued! Very exciting! Except it’s for 2 of 3 passengers and only for $420 each which is NOWHERE near the realm of what we should have gotten, not even taking the 125% aspect into account. 

All I had to do was forward that to @michelle basically going “what in the world???” And she replies back within hours (emphasis mine) “yes all the ones they just did this week are all wrong

We will get it all straightened out – so frustrating.  

I will take care of it so no worries” 

The amount of relief I felt when I found out I wouldn’t have to wait on hold to argue with Royal is legit invaluable. I can’t believe this level of service is free to me. @Matt is SO right when he says that you think you don’t need a travel agent until you really, really do. 

3 hours ago, spiralqueen said:

yes all the ones they just did this week are all wrong

Madness.perhaps RC need to pay more attention to the detail, we'd all rather wait an extra few days than have something rushed out which is wrong. Creates us stress and RC more work, more haste, less speed as we say in the UK?

Well interesting. But I hope this means I don't have to wait another month and a half for a FCC. I only have a hold on my October room till 5/31.

Havnt heard from my agent yet though it's the weekend and I'm not traveling so I'm really kinda not important till Monday. I can let her enjoy her weekend especially if they've been wrong all week

So some are saying on the Facebook groups that the credits are right and they each double when credited on the royal website

Still that would bring be to 1604

I'm expecting something like 1800. Only thing I can think of is maybe cruise insurance from royal is not deducted. So 1800-132 for me would be 1668...their still off

2 hours ago, Kcusack89 said:

So some are saying on the Facebook groups that the credits are right and they each double when credited on the royal website

Still that would bring be to 1604

I'm expecting something like 1800. Only thing I can think of is maybe cruise insurance from royal is not deducted. So 1800-132 for me would be 1668...their still off

I'd like to hear what your TA says...

Your actual paid cruise fare is $1,463.00 for the two of you based on your invoice... 125% of $1,463.00 is $1,828.75... that should be your total FCC when all is said and done.

That figure ($1,463.00) already backs out all other charges including vacation insurance, prepaid gratuities, port expenses, fees, taxes, etc. There should be no other deductions to your FCC especially since Royal cancelled. Let's see what the TA says... I'm so glad we also have a TA to deal with this mess!

9 minutes ago, JohnK6404 said:

I'd like to hear what your TA says...

Yup me too still waiting. Since im not traveling I'm pretty sure she's waiting till tomorrow to reply to me which is all fine. 

Bottom line I just want to have this settled before may 31 bc that's when I have to pay soemthing towards my booking for my next cruise

I, too cannot figure out my FCC. I opted in to 125% FCC from the second round of cancellations (sailing May 3).

My cruise was $1279 including taxes and port fees. We received $302 each and no refunded taxes or port fees. How is $604 anywhere close to the $1279 I had paid? Let alone a value OVER 100%.. I called this evening and finally got through to a Royal rep who confirmed that my automated FCC looked messed up. 

She said she would be forwarding the discrepancy to the "back end team," apparently an FCC department of sorts, and I should receive additional FCCs in my inbox soon. I really hope it gets corrected because with this paltry credit, I can't afford my replacement cruise just yet! 

? ?  ? 

18 minutes ago, DDaley said:

I, too cannot figure out my FCC. I opted in to 125% FCC from the second round of cancellations (sailing May 3).

My cruise was $1279 including taxes and port fees. We received $302 each and no refunded taxes or port fees. How is $604 anywhere close to the $1279 I had paid? Let alone a value OVER 100%.. I called this evening and finally got through to a Royal rep who confirmed that my automated FCC looked messed up. 

She said she would be forwarding the discrepancy to the "back end team," apparently an FCC department of sorts, and I should receive additional FCCs in my inbox soon. I really hope it gets corrected because with this paltry credit, I can't afford my replacement cruise just yet! 

? ?  ? 

Welcome to our sad club . I'm glad you got through. My agent is on a mission to get us our correct credit tomorrow!

And to follow up,  after being on hold for 1 hour and 20 min before speaking to a human being, who then put me back on hold for an additional 34 min and 54 seconds, the phone line suddenly and without explanation, dropped. I've feeling very lied to and bamboozled.

We just received 2 out if 3 of our FCC for our cruise we cancelled in march for april 12th. My husband and daughter received theirs, I am waiting on mine. Amount add up however I'm kind approved they gave my daughter over 500$ when her fare was 273. My 4 year old does not need 500$ of cruise credit. Really wish we could change names on kids vouchers. So many kids sail free deals it will never get used.

22 minutes ago, Lizzy B said:

And to follow up,  after being on hold for 1 hour and 20 min before speaking to a human being, who then put me back on hold for an additional 34 min and 54 seconds, the phone line suddenly and without explanation, dropped. I've feeling very lied to and bamboozled.

My ta has not been able to get through at all today either. I may try late tonight if she is in successful