Taking Name off

So I look for this and could not quite find it...

I have a family cruise scheduled for Oct 2020, a Western Caribbean on Liberty. I was hoping to Lift and Shift it for a Nov 2021 on Allure. I booked this one on my own and missed the cutoff date to transfer it to my current MEI TA. My 80 yo grandmother is refusing to attend, she won't even fly. If it is not a 9hr or less ride by bus, car or train, she is not leaving Chicago. Everyone I know is afraid to travel or cruise, so I don't want to transfer the booking and be stuck with 2 rooms. I want to cancel the booking and receive FCC, however I don't want the FCC to be in my grandmother's name since she will never cruise....again according to her words. I know there is a way to change the name of a cruise pax as long as the main one stays the same. But is there a way to remove a name before getting the FCC entered? My mother is the main pax in the other room and we have another cruise scheduled so I don't mind her getting double FCC.

3 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

So I look for this and could not quite find it...

I have a family cruise scheduled for Oct 2020, a Western Caribbean on Liberty. I was hoping to Lift and Shift it for a Nov 2021 on Allure. I booked this one on my own and missed the cutoff date to transfer it to my current MEI TA. My 80 yo grandmother is refusing to attend, she won't even fly. If it is not a 9hr or less ride by bus, car or train, she is not leaving Chicago. Everyone I know is afraid to travel or cruise, so I don't want to transfer the booking and be stuck with 2 rooms. I want to cancel the booking and receive FCC, however I don't want the FCC to be in my grandmother's name since she will never cruise....again according to her words. I know there is a way to change the name of a cruise pax as long as the main one stays the same. But is there a way to remove a name before getting the FCC entered? My mother is the main pax in the other room and we have another cruise scheduled so I don't mind her getting double FCC.

Sorry for you as RCCL is too money hungry to be flexible on this, when they require nothing but flexibility from us!

5 minutes ago, shaydav19 said:

Sorry for you as RCCL is too money hungry to be flexible on this, when they require nothing but flexibility from us!

Ok, I’m going to have to ask for some sort of responsibility here from you, rather than just leaving that comment here. 
Let’s say I bought a new volvo last year, I signed all the paperwork, maybe reading some of it and ignoring other parts. If I decide I don’t want it anymore I should just be able to give it back and not have to eat the depreciation penalty? No one is forced (in the US as deposit rules differ elsewhere) to take a non-refundable deposit but many choose to do it. Ignorance of the policy doesn’t mean it doesn’t apply. 

2 minutes ago, Andrew72681 said:

Ok, I’m going to have to ask for some sort of responsibility here from you, rather than just leaving that comment here. 
Let’s say I bought a new volvo last year, I signed all the paperwork, maybe reading some of it and ignoring other parts. If I decide I don’t want it anymore I should just be able to give it back and not have to eat the depreciation penalty? No one is forced (in the US as deposit rules differ elsewhere) to take a non-refundable deposit but many choose to do it. Ignorance of the policy doesn’t mean it doesn’t apply. 

I purchased a cruise on the anthem for 7 family members, two who are over 75 mom and aunt. When this whole issue came up doctor advised they could not travel, requested FCC and spoke to rep Brittany who confirmed I COULD HAVE THE CREDITS TRANSFERRED TO MY FUTURE BOOKINGS BECAUSE I PAIF FOR EVERYTHING.  But that wasn’t true. Is that enough responsibility for you?

So, if you remove your grandmother from the booking it will just be in your mom’s name then.  So after the name change, do a Cruise With Confidence on her booking and then Lift & Shift your booking. The FCC on the mom/grandma booking will be in your mom’s name, but you said that was ok, right ?  Won’t that work ?

39 minutes ago, shaydav19 said:

I purchased a cruise on the anthem for 7 family members, two who are over 75 mom and aunt. When this whole issue came up doctor advised they could not travel, requested FCC and spoke to rep Brittany who confirmed I COULD HAVE THE CREDITS TRANSFERRED TO MY FUTURE BOOKINGS BECAUSE I PAIF FOR EVERYTHING.  But that wasn’t true. Is that enough responsibility for you?

Again, the cruise contract as written states it goes in the names of those sailing. Any deviation from the policy would be a courtesy and not required. As the phone agents life’s have been torn upside down, with more than a quarter of the staff laid-off or reduced pay you could have gotten someone who’s job it isn’t even to be in a call center taking reservations. They took anyone they could to help process reservations. 
Again, this is precisely the reason to have people like @AnnetteJackson and the team at MEI travel on the issue. They know the rules and who can help. Having a travel agent for a cruise doesn’t cost anything, but not having one can cost a lot. 

@shaydav19 I understand RCCI is a business, that business is to make money while providing a service I CHOOSE to pay for. I had every intention of going when I chose a NRD, I read the cruise contract. If I remember correctly you cancelled before they decided to cancel your cruise, meaning you are responsible for whatever action occurred. RCCI is a company, they are not greedy..now those people who brought equity in RCCI they might be.

@WAAAYTOOO  Thank you, I was wondering if this would be an option...I guess I was wondering if they would have to reprice it. The new fare cost is about 40% higher than I paid, I still owe half the balance.

@Ampurp85  I learned something new this week from a fellow blog insider.  I have always thought that the policy was that the FCC would be issued in the name of the passenger, however, a fellow blog insider this week had some luck otherwise.  One of her sailings got cancelled (she paid for everything) and they had their son's friend on the booking with them.  She was concerned that the friend's portion of the FCC would be useless to them as they would not be bringing this friend on future cruises.  Anyway, to make a long story short, she called and pleaded her case and Royal issued the FCC back to them, not the friend.  So you might want to call and try your luck...worth a shot.

On 5/9/2020 at 9:26 PM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

@Ampurp85  I learned something new this week from a fellow blog insider.  I have always thought that the policy was that the FCC would be issued in the name of the passenger, however, a fellow blog insider this week had some luck otherwise.  One of her sailings got cancelled (she paid for everything) and they had their son's friend on the booking with them.  She was concerned that the friend's portion of the FCC would be useless to them as they would not be bringing this friend on future cruises.  Anyway, to make a long story short, she called and pleaded her case and Royal issued the FCC back to them, not the friend.  So you might want to call and try your luck...worth a shot.

Very true on this.  It is all a matter of who you get in the call center, so no real rules on this, but they are making exceptions on a case by case basis.  Keep trying!