Any way of pricing the UDP

Prior to booking?  Just trying to wrap my head around how much the cruise I have in mind might cost.  Have the current cruise price, gratuities & a ballpark for trip insurance.  Any way to guesstimate the drink package?

No, not really.  Prices are all over the place depending on ship class and dates.  The UDP seems to be running fairly consistent for the non-Oasis and Quantum class at $154 PP.  My August Symphony is $189 and my Dec Oasis is $179. Drink prices are all over the place and seem to still be very high for 2021.

8 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

No, not really.  Prices are all over the place depending on ship class and dates.  The UDP seems to be running fairly consistent for the non-Oasis and Quantum class at $154 PP.  My August Symphony is $189 and my Dec Oasis is $179. Drink prices are all over the place and seem to still be very high for 2021.

Wow. Oh my goodness that’s high

As others have said, the deluxe Drink Pkg. varies by each individual sailing. Most 2021 sailing drink packages are running on the more expensive side at @ $70 per day per person. The 2020 sailings seem to be experiencing some very decent low prices for the drink package around $40-$50 dollars per person per day. For planning purposes, I'd allocate around $60 per person per day to your budget.

11 minutes ago, Pooch said:

Hard to believe I’m not really flinching (well not much) at $1750ish for a weeks worth of drinking for 4 people ?

Upon purchase they will add an 18% gratuity to each package purchased. For example if you sail for 7 nights at $60 per day, your drink package for one person would be $420 plus 18% for a total of 495.60 per person for total cost of drink package. That may help you with your budgeting also.

Yes, hoping for $60 including the gratuity.  We are taking our 2 adult kids & are planning on an Owners suite.  Hubby isn’t batting an eye at what I am estimating for a total but I am flipping a little!  Trying to tell myself the drink package might not be too bad.  Give me my illusions!!

17 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

It seems like the longer the sailing is, the less per day the drink package will run.

I have always thought that it does run lower on longer cruises because of fatigue drinking.  On a 4 night cruise you are still in the mood.  I am not a fan of 4 night cruises bc as soon as you get into the groove you realize the cruise will be over in a day or so.  On a 7 night+ cruise by day 4, at least for us,  are drinking habits are changing from alcohol at lunch to an iced coffee.  Same with instead of a drink at the comedy show we are now getting bottled water.

I also think it might be higher because the cruises typically will hit either Labadee or Coco Cay,  which = money for them.  

Mine is running way high, but that is for our cruise May 2021.  It is 84.  I expect it to drop, but I am not sure it will go low since on the 7 night cruise, we have a day at Coco Cay, a day at Labadee, a sea day and of course embarkation day.  In essence, that is a lot of time that any alcohol we consume will be through RCL.  The only non- RCL stops will be OSJ and St. Thomas.  However, another reason why I don't see it dropping low is because St. Thomas is not a long day.  8-4 p.m., thus, again, more time for people buying more drinks on the ship.

When I booked directly through RCI, the agent was able to tell me current pricing on the Cruise Planner for the DBP (with regards to a particular sailing) as I wasn't going to commit to booking unless it was a price I was comfortable with. You may be able to call RCI directly and ask for this information then book with a TA.

2 hours ago, Spang1974 said:

When I booked directly through RCI, the agent was able to tell me current pricing on the Cruise Planner for the DBP (with regards to a particular sailing) as I wasn't going to commit to booking unless it was a price I was comfortable with. You may be able to call RCI directly and ask for this information then book with a TA.

Curiosity question.  I get the cost things, but were you than going to move the cruise to another date or ship based on the cost of the DBP?

I am sitting at 84, but we are a yr out. We have never paid more than 54 (I think, maybe 57)  I am not booking my bev probably until Black Friday at the earliest (5 mos out).  By that time I am going to go, with what is typical when booking 6 mos out compared to booking 1 yr+ in advance., the bev package will most likely go down, but the cabin pricing will go up, and best pick of cabin location and deck will decrease.  

•  IE switched to a JS on my Symphony May 2021 as soon as it was announced they canceled the SPA cabins.  That night there were 5 cabins on the deck we wanted and on the side we wanted.  The next day all of those cabins were sold out.  I guess we weren't the only ones changing to a JS. 

If we waited until the DBP is in the price range we want (50-55 bucks), I would think the actual cost of the cruise would be much higher.  We work with an expected annual budget for all of our vacations we will take that yr.  Plus, the budget for each specific vacation, so I get the cost aspect.  However, I also think when cruising, unless you are very flexible with dates, itinerary and ships that it always works to our advantage to book far out since even if we stay at 84 pp/day on 7 nights/8 days, compared to let's say 55, the savings on the cost of the cabin will make up for that 30 bucks a day X 2.

We are also people that use a TA.  We have always found that we get our cabins at a lower cost, and more OBC than booking directly with RCL.   More OBC  = less concern about what the DBP is running at when you purchase it.  The DBP impo is something you can cancel and re-purchase with no fears compared to let's say a cabana or the Coco Beach club day pass since those items are limited in number, whereas, the DBP is not.  

OH and of course the true beauty of a TA is they do all the leg work for you...no waiting on hold on the phone with RCL for someone that may or may not be able to give you the answer.

No, I wasn't going to move the cruise or choose a different sailing/ship  based on the cost of the DBP. I was not choosing a sailing or ship based on those costs, It was a specific sailing I had inquired about and based on the information I received, I booked the cruise. If the price for the DBP on that particular sailing was not within my budget I would not have booked. I guess I am lucky in that I always end up receiving a cruise fare and DBP price I am comfortable with. I would not have inquired about other sailings to pick and choose based on the different prices.  

Nor am I waiting for the UBP to book the cruise.  I already know what cruise I’m booking and everyone has agreed to it so, barring Act of God, thats the one.  I was asking purely from a budget standpoint.  Like a PP, we (well I) have a rough yearly budget for vacations so just wondering if the drink package will replace a 4/5 day trip to Maine!