First Time Cruiser Questions-Oasis of the Seas-Sky Class Suite

As a first time cruiser, I am hoping to be on Oasis of the Seas in October. We have a 1 BR Aquatheater Suite (11330) and have a few questions. I have been reading reviews online and have watched a ton of Youtube videos but I still have some questions that I am hoping you can help me with. I know there are a lot, so I appreciate any assistance you can provide. TIA

1) Does room 11330 have a bathtub or just a shower? Unclear whether or not this changed after the amplification. It was my understanding that all suites had a bathtub, but I saw some videos that showed just a shower, so I am confused.

2) What is the Night 1 filet in Coastal Kitchen that I have read about?

3) Is the Suite Lounge worth going to on Embarkation Day? Do they have anything special there for while you wait for rooms to be ready?

4) I saw that Sky Class offers a tour of the bridge. Is this just of the bridge or is it the All Access Tour? The All Access Tour is on sale in the Cruise Planner, but I don't want to buy it if it is something that is included with the suite.

5) We purchased the Ultimate Dining Package. Will the concierge be able to make all meal reservations in advance or will they just make it for night 1 and then we have to make the rest when we get on board?

6) I love planning ahead for vacations. Is there any way to find out the daily activities in advance of the trip? What about the theme parties that will be on board, so I can pack accordingly.

7) Can you order sushi from Izumi to go? If so, do I have to go there in person to order or can it be ordered over the phone?

8) With the Ultimate Dining Package, is everything included or will upcharges still be applicable if they are listed on the menu (ie: lobster or Chops steak in MDR, seafood tower at Chops)? 

13 minutes ago, Busylizzy108 said:

As a first time cruiser, I am hoping to be on Oasis of the Seas in October. We have a 1 BR Aquatheater Suite (11330) and have a few questions. I have been reading reviews online and have watched a ton of Youtube videos but I still have some questions that I am hoping you can help me with. I know there are a lot, so I appreciate any assistance you can provide. TIA

1) I have not been in 11330 on Oasis, but I have stayed in that suite on Harmony.  There is a bathtub-shower combination.

2) IMO, the filet at CK is the best one on the ship.  It may or may not be on night #1.  Some of the ships have moved it to later in the week so you will need to confirm the night for filet when you are contacted by the Concierge - usually 5-7 nights prior to sailing.

3) We have often gone to the SL upon boarding to wait for our room to be ready.  It is a nice, quiet, comfortable place to wait and you can leave your carry-on luggage near the door and won't have to drag it around.

4) The bridge tour is just that.  A bridge tour and nothing more.  I highly recommend the All Access Tour.  It is pricey but very enjoyable.

5) Yes, the Concierge will make all of your specialty dining reservations prior to boarding, if you want them to do that.  Be sure and have them reserve your embarkation lunch, too.  When we were on Oasis in December, they had closed Chops on embarkation day due to the high demand of the staff in supporting the Key lunch in the MDR.  We were able to eat lunch at Giovanni's for embarkation lunch.  To my knowledge, Chops is still closed on embarkation day, but your Concierge will be able to advise you.

6) The best you will be able to do is to get a tentative list of entertainment.  You can get this list by contacting web_reservations@rccl.com about10 days prior to sailing.  The list of entertainment often changes at the last minute, but it will give you some idea of what types of entertainment will be onboard when you are there.  Otherwise, getting a recentish copy of the Daily Compass is about the best you can do to look at what types of activities are offered.

7) Sushi to go is a ship-specific thing.  Some ships allow it, some do not.  I was able to get sushi to go when I was on Oasis in December but we were Star Class and I'm not sure if that made any difference or not.  Ask the Concierge.

? The UDP does not include any upcharge items...just standard menu items.  One thing to keep in mind is that you can get some items (appetizers and desserts, primarily) in any of the specialty restaurants or the Coastal Kitchen IF you have the UDP or are Star Class.  For instance, we often get the mushroom soup (from Chops) when we are at either the CK or Giovanni's (even 150 once) b/c I love it so much.  If you want the lobster tail from the MDR but you're not dining in the MDR that night, just ask for it wherever you are dining that night.  It's nice to have surf and turf at Chops without paying for the upcharge lobster at Chops !  Of course, the lobster tail is not the same as having the whole Maine lobster, but it is good enough.

Welcome to cruising.  You're starting in style !  Responses to your questions are above.

4 minutes ago, D_Hubb said:

@WAAAYTOOO  I have a question regarding Star Class and UDP - do Star Class guests also pay for the up charges in Chops - lobster, seafood tower, steaks, etc.? 

And great questions, @Busylizzy108 ! Enjoy your first cruise - in style! 

No.  At least....I've never paid for anything at Chops when sailing in Star (other than the bottles of wine)

Star Class pays for nothing additional as far as food is concerned.  The only thing that is not included for SC are the pastries at Starbucks and candy-by-the-pound at the candy store. All other food is included, including as many proteins as you want at Izumi Hibachi and/or sushi add-on at Izumi Hibachi.  Seafood towers and whole Maine lobsters at Chops are included. If you are on a Quantum class ship, the pastries at the French bakery are included. 

16 hours ago, D_Hubb said:

@WAAAYTOOO  I have a question regarding Star Class and UDP - do Star Class guests also pay for the up charges in Chops - lobster, seafood tower, steaks, etc.? 

And great questions, @Busylizzy108 ! Enjoy your first cruise - in style! 

We have never paid for any up-charges in Sar Class

enjoy

john