CocoCay Cabana Age issue?

Cmt2018

I had the same question and found this on Royal's website under FAQs 

"Guests of all ages are permitted at Coco Beach Club and at the rental cabanas. Floating Cabanas have a slide with a minimum weight restriction of 50 lbs and a maximum weight of 150 lbs. Features of Coco Beach Club such as the Beach Cabanas and infinity pool have their own health and safety rules which will be posted at each."

Here's the link - https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/are-there-restrictions-for-any-of-the-cabana-features-at-coco-beach-club

So with this - My understanding is that there isn't an age limit.  Hope I'm correct! ?

On 5/8/2020 at 3:41 PM, D_Hubb said:

I had the same question and found this on Royal's website under FAQs 

"Guests of all ages are permitted at Coco Beach Club and at the rental cabanas. Floating Cabanas have a slide with a minimum weight restriction of 50 lbs and a maximum weight of 150 lbs. Features of Coco Beach Club such as the Beach Cabanas and infinity pool have their own health and safety rules which will be posted at each."

Here's the link - https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/are-there-restrictions-for-any-of-the-cabana-features-at-coco-beach-club

So with this - My understanding is that there isn't an age limit.  Hope I'm correct! ?

I found that also, but literally asked 4 different people and got 4 different answers.  So really hoping it's not an issue.  Thanks for you feedback!

On 5/8/2020 at 3:55 PM, WAAAYTOOO said:

150 pounds max ?  That’s got to be a mistake.

So i went down that slide and got yelled at, then the cabana manager came over and said it was fine. I was well over 150 pounds ?

I saw the weight limit for the slide in the book before i went down. For what i paid i was using that slide lol. It was worth getting yelled at.

I could see a 200 lb max, but not 150.  

My guess for the weight limit is not only passenger safety, but the wear and tear on those slides if they did not place a weight limit.  The slides are attached to the structure, and are built with connecting pieces requiring large bolts.

Plus, it might be the manufacturers guidelines.  If the manufacturer states 150 lbs., and a 225 lb person goes down the slide, and it breaks, causing injury to the guest, it is big problems for RCL.  In this lawsuit  crazed society the passenger will sue RCL.  RCL has no recourse in suing the manufacturer bc they did allow them to go down the slide knowing it was not built for that weight.

On Adventure, they have 2 slides.  I believe one is under 200 lbs and the other is over up to a certain weight (can't recall).  At the top of the stairs you get on a scale if you look like you are close to the limit.  If you are over the 200 lb marker you are forced to go on the other slide.  

Just saying that they do enforce it.  I would find it difficult to do that at the cabanas, and I think 150 is low, but why.I can understand 

• 2 years later...