Late dinner arrival?

CCudmore

If we have reservations for the ice show or OceansAria for 7:30, and a main dining room seating at 8:30, will we be able to arrive late for the dining room seating (I'm assuming the shows are more than an hour in length?) and still be seated, or should we plan on dining somewhere else that night?

If we have reservations for the ice show or OceansAria for 7:30, and a main dining room seating at 8:30, will we be able to arrive late for the dining room seating (I'm assuming the shows are more than an hour in length?) and still be seated, or should we plan on dining somewhere else that night?

Can't help with the shows, haven't been on a ship with them. Re: dinner; the short answer is yes they will probably seat you. If you are at a table for two being a few minutes late wouldn't be a big deal. If you are at a table with others, they and your wait staff are depending on you being on time. If you are late it will slow service & disrupt the dining experience for the entire table. Some may advise, "It's your vacation, so being late is ok if that is what you choose". Most travelers would probably advise "if your schedule affects & is with others, respect the schedule".

You should be fine. Might be a good idea to let your waiter know the night before you have the show, so he/she doesn't wonder where you are or why you are late. But if you are tardy to dinner, that is okay. 

I think Marc is right, you should be fine.

In reality, 10-15 minutes late is no big deal.  But if you're rolling in 45-60 minutes late, then I'd advise eating somewhere else that night.  But I don't foresee that being the case with OceanAria.