What time do you arrive at the port usually?

As far as I knew, Crown & Anchor get a separate line (perhaps making checkin faster, and thereby boarding earlier), but not an earlier boarding time.

At least PLAN to board nice and early, so if anything throws a wrench in your plans, you have buffer time.

Not to hijack the thread, but I agree with Freedom that it really does pay to be a C&A member

While you're hijacking...

I agree, i feel like the treatment we get makes me feel special during the cruise.  It's nice for companies to recognize their repeat customers

Gotta be there early just to avoid the lines.  The first cruise we took we showed up at like 1 and the lines were crazy.  We read to show up in the morning and tried it and it was much easier.  

Getting checked in and onboard early enables you to:

1. Avoid lines at check in and at lunch venues onboard the ship

2. Eat lunch at peace and on time

3. Explore ship while others are eating lunch

4. Make specialty restaurant reservations before others do

5. Change your dining room table assignment if you're unhappy with its location

6. Swim in the pool or hot tubs before others do

7. Take photos of the ship before it fills up

8. Put your clothes away (after you've done all the other things, obviously)

• 2 weeks later...

My bigger problem is I cant sleep very well the night before a cruise because of all the excitement.  So the earlier, the better

I'm the same way, but the downside is, especially after driving 2 hours, I usually have to take a nap the first afternoon between lunch and the muster drill. I have yet to meet my cabin steward on the first day!!

Great thing about arriving early on day 1 is the pool empty.  Let the kids get a swim in before it gets mobbed

Best thing for me is that I get to be on one of the FIRST spa tours. I ONLY do the tour so I can get a raffle ticket (you need to take a tour to get a raffle ticket). Once I've gotten that out of the way, I can take care of other things--removing gratuities (yes, I still tip, I just need to adjust to whom the tips go), booking my reservations for specialty restaurants (I buy the Royal Choice Dining Package 3 of your 4 reservations MUST be made onboard, not online), ensuring my show reservations that i booked online (if applicable--Oasis, Allure, and Liberty) do not overlap with certain events such as formal nights, and finding the bar.