Lift and Shift Question

Regarding the new Lift and Shift program... do any of the TA's on here know if you can use the L&S program if Royal initiates the cancellation, or do you have to ask for it before the cruise gets cancelled?

I have emailed my TA, but sometimes they take about a day to get back to me... usually some quick responses on here. ? 

The scenario is: we have a July 31 Alaska cruise currently booked. Starting to worry about RCI following other cruise lines and scratching all of the Alaska season. 

IF Royal cancels; do we automatically fall into the FCC or Refund options only....

OR can we use the L&S to move to July of next year?

Just want to verify all our options. We would love to keep our sailing/booking.... BUT if royal cancels and forces us to rebook at the current rates, we might self-initiate a L&S given the current outlook. 

Thanks in advance for your help.

@TXcruzer I do agree that they are all not as well versed in the rules but remember this was issued like 3 or 4 days ago. I was able to L&S my Liberty Oct 2020 to a Allure Nov 2021, both were western Caribbean, 7 days and an OVB.There seems to be very strict rules in place for L&S. For example I wanted to do the Oct 24, 2021 out of Canaveral, it was a western as well but it included perfect day.  This changed the product and itinerary, which went against the criteria.  My rep said people are calling in trying to get around the criteria. Like thinking it just has to be Caribbean or it just has to be this ship etc. I went into the call with 3 options and the Rep was successful with one. He told me a lot of people were being turned down because they failed to understand it pretty much a copy and paste. Also it won't be available for all cruises as the new cruise must be 12 months out.

Just spoke to our TA regarding our July 31, Alaska cruise.... she said she checked and the Lift and shift to a July 2021 Alaska cruise should not be an issue at this time. So I authorized her to go ahead and make the change. She was also handling our FCC debacle as well... so hopefully getting everything straightened out now.   Once I get a new confirmation email, I'll feel a lot better... but I'll take any progress I can get. ?

45 minutes ago, vanelli56 said:

Just spoke to our TA regarding our July 31, Alaska cruise.... she said she checked and the Lift and shift to a July 2021 Alaska cruise should not be an issue at this time. So I authorized her to go ahead and make the change. She was also handling our FCC debacle as well... so hopefully getting everything straightened out now.   Once I get a new confirmation email, I'll feel a lot better... but I'll take any progress I can get. ?

Not sure what agency you are working with but I can tell you that we have seen so many mistakes on the FCCs, questions on the Lift and Shift, prices changing - always good to have someone in your corner to help navigate you thru all this.  The wait times to get to a live person at Royal is well over an hour and a half so while I know the waiting on replies from your TA can seem like it is taking forever, at least you are not holding listening to the advertisement over and over again - not to mention finally reaching someone to then have the call dropped or disconnected when they go to transfer you to the department you need.  I know this is happening on Consumer side and to the TA side.  Way too many people having to call in all at one time.