Recieved refund update email on 5/6 like promised. Updated 5/14 refund mostly received.

Received the same email today for our cancelled March 23 cruise on Jewel of the Seas. We had booked B2B cruises on Jewel for March 16 and March 23, both cancelled by RCCL mid March. Refund for March 16 cruise came through about a month ago but my travel agent held on to it waiting on the other refund coming through.  Got the call from my TA yesterday to make the full refund to my credit card. Happy days; glad this is over and my money is now safe. ?

Received the same email for our cancelled April 4th cruise from my TA yesterday. Checked my credit card this morning and the refund (most of it) is there! There were 2 deposits - one for the fare and a separate one for taxes, fees & port expenses. The refund on the fare is $39.40 less than what I paid. Also there's no refund (yet) for Royal's Vacation Protection Plan for which I paid $397. I'll be inquiring about this with my TA. At least this is some good news.

I received the an email yesterday (May 6th) for my May 4th cruise that got cancelled too.  No refund yet but I figured it would take a while.

Royal Caribbean

ABOUT YOUR REFUND

Dear Guest,

Last week, we shared that we needed some extra time to process your refund. Good news – we’ve disbursed your refund and you should see it in your account in the next few days, if you haven’t already. If you don’t see your refund, please contact your banking institution for an update. 

We hope that amidst this global pandemic, you continue to remain healthy and safe and we remain optimistic that each day that passes, is another day closer to joining us back on the high seas! 

Thank you for your patience and understanding! 

Sincerely,

Image did not load.

Royal Caribbean

We finally got an email about cancelling/refunding our cruise planner purchases. The email we got was just a summary of what would be refunded, no apology or anything like what you have received. Cruise was scheduled for March 14, we got the email May 3rd, still no refund on the CC as of today...

Stan

We got our refund today.  Well most of it.  The way they sent it to the credit card company make no sense at all. The only amount that matches anything is taxes and fees and that amount showed up 6 times.  Very weird.  We are missing about $650 out of $8800 so I guess I will finally have to call to find out what is going on.

• Shari changed the title to Recieved refund update email on 5/6 like promised. Updated 5/14 refund mostly received.

We received our refund today. It appeared in 7 payments. Not sure how it was broken down but the total was equal to amount paid out including excursions, taxes and fees. So glad I don't have to keep looking at my bank account. This was going to be my second cruise with RC and I really didn't now how refunds worked. The cruise was suppose to take place on Freedom of the Seas this past Sunday. We were actually suppose to be on our cruise now. I received several emails from guest experience letting me know when to expect my refund. I never called because I didn't want to stay on the line for hours. My only action was to seek a refund via the website the day after my cruise was cancelled. I received my cruise planner cancellation on April 24th. a "We're sorry" update on April 29th, and a final email on May 6 letting me know my refund was being processed and I would get the funds this week. One thing I did notice was that while the refund was processed on 5/10 it didn't show up until today. Perhaps it was my bank taking the extra time to process it. Thanks to all of you on this blog for your comments. It helped me keep my cool just knowing how others were being affected and how people were willing to wait a while before complaining. Hopefully, all will get their credits or refunds before long!

We are now 70 days past our cruise date. We got our FCC statements within a few weeks. The only thing we've seen from RCCL about our cruise planner purchases though, is an itemized list of what we should be reimbursed, which we received two weeks ago. I was hopeful at that point that our refund would be credited within a few days. Hearing everyone else's stories on here has helped me remain patient, but that patience is wearing thin, not that I can really do anything about it. Is it time though to call and inquire when I could expect to see my refund? Do those of you who have talked to them or received emails have any thoughts? Thank you for your time.

Stan 

We just received our Cruise Planner Credits yesterday and are currently awaiting our FCC for the sailing, Our friend that were on the same cruise and booked 6 months after we did received both the CPC and FCC yesterday.  Thing that make you say hmmmmmm

7 hours ago, Stan G said:

We are now 70 days past our cruise date. We got our FCC statements within a few weeks. The only thing we've seen from RCCL about our cruise planner purchases though, is an itemized list of what we should be reimbursed, which we received two weeks ago. I was hopeful at that point that our refund would be credited within a few days. Hearing everyone else's stories on here has helped me remain patient, but that patience is wearing thin, not that I can really do anything about it. Is it time though to call and inquire when I could expect to see my refund? Do those of you who have talked to them or received emails have any thoughts? Thank you for your time.

Stan 

It took 20 days after we got our itemized cruise planner cancellation email so you should be getting that refund within the next week if that time frame holds.

15 hours ago, Shari said:

It took 20 days after we got our itemized cruise planner cancellation email so you should be getting that refund within the next week if that time frame holds.

We're well past the 20 day point for our cruise planner refund notices with no $$ in sight. There is a great deal of inconsistency with the process.

And the May 6 email indicating that our cruise price refunds should be expected by the end of last week? Smoke and mirrors - haven't received anything. Again - inconsistency.

Our cruise was canceled for the April 18th sailing.    We opted for the FCC.  The first FCC we were credited was incorrect.  It was over $5000 short!  I contacted RCL and they said they would have it corrected within 2 day.  The next FCC was was even funnier, it was for $344!  I contacted RCL again, and asked to speak to a supervisor,  who told me that I was wrong and did not know how to do the math.  I sternly informed her that she had no business speaking to me that way and that I had my previous cruise statement in front of me, and explained to her how to do the math.  She then stated that she would have the third FCC correctly sent to me by May 16.  I'm still waiting!  I'm sending them a letter today, as we're rebooked for a cruise in September and the final payment is due at the end of the month.  I understand that this is a crazy situation, as I'm a healthcare worker, however they need to provide refunds and FCC correctly and in a timely manner.

As an update, the 20 day timeline after itemized statement receipt, worked out for us. We received our cruise planner refund in full on Wednesday. I hope everyone else will get theirs soon and that we can all go back to enjoying the best vacations ever on-board RCCL in the very near future!

Stan