Princess cancels the remaining of the 2020 summer season:

4 minutes ago, bobroo said:

Ummmm.....is "Mr.Speed Noodles" aware he is being called Mr.Speed Noodles by a bunch of random internet people?

He very much is. He's totally cool with it.  He's really looking forward to meeting people on the upcoming group cruises that we have booked!

3 hours ago, AGSLC5 said:

I think Princess usually in general only does Caribbean cruises Nov-April... So maybe that's why they decided on this option.. 

The last Caribbean cruise on their list of affected cruises was to sail on July 18 -- I didn't realize they ran such a different Caribbean season than others. That being said, it's sad to see an entire season's New England/Canada cruises disappear (their last one was scheduled to sail October 31). Maybe I'm being a bit selfish here, but I'm more concerned about the non-Caribbean cruises on the list. That's a LOT of places not to sail to going into fall.

7 hours ago, Chadster said:

The last Caribbean cruise on their list of affected cruises was to sail on July 18 -- I didn't realize they ran such a different Caribbean season than others. That being said, it's sad to see an entire season's New England/Canada cruises disappear (their last one was scheduled to sail October 31). Maybe I'm being a bit selfish here, but I'm more concerned about the non-Caribbean cruises on the list. That's a LOT of places not to sail to going into fall.

Yeah that was exactly my point but I feel bad making it.. I don't think Canada New England cruises or any cruise from NJ or NY is going to happen until at least November... I Think Those places aren't going to allow cruises to dock... I don't like saying it on these forums because so many people are hoping to A. Leave from NJ and B take a Canada New England cruise in the fall... I don't ever want to burst someone's cruising bubble and I still hope people can go its just my personal opinion I don't think its going to happen. They are much more strict than Florida.. And as for a different Caribbean season A lot of Cruise lines only have a Very Limited presence in the Caribbean during the summer. Mostly because they have to move their ships elsewhere.. So Celebrity for instance only keeps 1 ship here during the summer all the other ships go to different places.. I assume Princess does the same.. 

4 hours ago, Mike.s said:

Holland America have also announced further cancellations, come on RC, no one really believes you'll be sailing on the 12th June, just put us out of our misery.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/22905-holland-america-cancels-all-2020-alaska-europe-and-canada-sailings.html

Holland America and Princess are all run by Carnival corp. It makes sense they all made an announcement at the same time.. I do agree I don't think Royal will be sailing by June 12.. But They could very well be sailing in a limited capacity like Carnival anytime July 25 and after since the CDC order ends July 24.. Leaving out of Florida they should absolutely be able to. Florida is open except for Date county (Miami), Broward County (ft. Lauderdale), And Palm beach county.. I live in Broward.. I could see us opening May 30.. That would give us 2 months to get to " Level 2" which is what is needed for Tourism.. So I can absolutely see ships leaving from Florida End of July 

6 minutes ago, AGSLC5 said:

I don't think Canada New England cruises or any cruise from NJ or NY is going to happen until at least November..

I would say I don't think ANY cruise will happen from NJ until at least Sept.  I say this bc of the governor of NJ.  In the surrounding states, golf courses remained open, he closed them all until reversing his decision this last week after the golf association took their fight to the national media.  VA never closed their courses, nor to my knowledge neither has MD.  

If this governor did not want  golf courses to open due to social distancing fears, do you think he is going to want cruise ships sailing anytime soon?

I would also add that they don't sail north after mid-Oct.  Even, if they open up NJ, the problem would be Canada letting them in.  So for me, I see the NE/Canada cruises like the AK cruises.  DONE.  

RCL now may turn and say to customers, that they will sail that week, but the itinerary will now be to the Caribbean.  They did the flip on us 48 hrs prior to our sailing.  We were booked on Anthem to go to Bermuda.  Hurricanes were barreling down and RCL said, they were still going to sail, but we were now going to NE/Canada.  

4 minutes ago, Pima1988 said:

IRCL now may turn and say to customers, that they will sail that week, but the itinerary will now be to the Caribbean.  They did the flip on us 48 hrs prior to our sailing.  We were booked on Anthem to go to Bermuda.  Hurricanes were barreling down and RCL said, they were still going to sail, but we were now going to NE/Canada.  

They did the opposite to me for a June 2020 cruise to NE/Canada aboard Adventure. At first, they changed the itinerary and planned to send us to Bermuda for an overnight stay; but then, of course, it got cancelled completely.

This is why I'm so hopeful that my next scheduled Canada/NE cruise (out of Boston this time) will go forward in October. But, now that Princess cancelled their entire slate of those cruises (the last of which was scheduled to sail on Halloween), I'm feeling less optimistic.

Same with my Thanksgiving cruise on Anthem, or even my Christmas cruise on Grandeur. I pick sailing out of NJ and MD simply because the travel's easier and cheaper. I really don't want to have to start going to Florida or Texas just to cruise!

8 hours ago, mattymay said:

The use of 'seasons' to describe a point in time is very confusing for people in the Southern Hemisphere! Can't they just say the month! ?‍♂️ ?

Seems like they are being vague on purpose.

12 minutes ago, Chadster said:

This is why I'm so hopeful that my next scheduled Canada/NE cruise (out of Boston this time) will go forward in October.

I hope for you that it will go, but I would give it a 50/50 at best regarding it being the itinerary you booked.  I say that bc I think Canada is the problem.  

I could see Anthem going for your Thanksgiving cruise. 

5 hours ago, Johnson84 said:

Word on the street is M. Holland has canceled all Alaska cruising this summer & RC is expected to follow

My guess is there is no point sending the ships all the way across the Pacific now. Hold them in Asia to pick up the crew once they've been cleared to sail then head down to start the Australia season in September as usual.