Lift & Shift Tagline

@CrznTxn Those are exactly my thoughts. It also gives them a snapshot of consumer confidence. If an influx of cancellations occur for Sept-Nov of this year, then they know people are not ready to get back to cruising. which allows them to come up with more business strategies.

Also Lift and Shift makes me think of bras....you know lifting them up and shifting them in place.

gabourey sidibe werk GIF by The Academy Awards

1 hour ago, Ampurp85 said:

@CrznTxn Those are exactly my thoughts. It also gives them a snapshot of consumer confidence. If an influx of cancellations occur for Sept-Nov of this year, then they know people are not ready to get back to cruising. which allows them to come up with more business strategies.

Also Lift and Shift makes me think of bras....you know lifting them up and shifting them in place.

gabourey sidibe werk GIF by The Academy Awards

"Support can be beautiful."

Just looked to see if I could "Lift and Shift" my July 2020 cruise to Jamaica. It doesn't appear to be happening in 2021. There aren't any 5 night cruises in July 2021 at all out of Florida ports and I didn't see any to Jamaica. I don't see Lift and Shift working out for me. ? 

Cruise is probably going to be cancelled in July and I have no idea what we will do. I just want to cruise!

Katie

1 hour ago, HeWhoWaits said:

Lift & Shift came too late for us. Would have been great as the identical cruise next year is 75% higher price. Even with 125% FCC there's a significant extra cost for the same trip.

I guess you have to keep checking to see price drop.

21 hours ago, Annette44 said:

Good luck trying to get this switched.   I have called 3 times already and spent 2.5 hours in the phone.   They need a supervisor to adjust the price.  I have been promised calls back and hung up on twice!

I called very early yesterday morning. It took about 15 mins. to get an agent, and then about two hours to actually get the shift done for 3 bookings that grouped a family cruise. I was able to get our cruise moved from Dec ‘20 to Dec ‘21, and kept our original cabin configuration (but on the Indy instead of Mariner.) It was complicated, but we managed with a lot of patience and some “can do” attitude on the part of the person that I was working with on the phone. There were A LOT of details to double-check and meticulously work through together.

So don’t get discouraged if it does take a long time to connect and sort out. Also, know the ins & outs of your own booking well and what you are now trying to get - being well prepared will help with the process.

The real sadness was losing all of the Cruise Planner extras that I had spent several months snagging at really good prices (like the Chill Island Beach Club passes at $53CAD). Although they’ll be refunded to my CC, it’ll be impossible to not spend more to replace all of it. Oh well... here’s hoping for some really good Black Friday deals this year. ?

We had recently discussed with the rest of the family and had decided to simply cancel the 2020 cruise, but had not yet moved on doing it. So the “Lift and Shift” just made it much easier to manage our disappointment and not feel like we were losing out too much on this very rare and unique chance to get grandparents, cousins and grandkids together for a vacation.

1 hour ago, Annette44 said:

Good luck trying to get this switched.   I have called 3 times already and spent 2.5 hours in the phone.   They need a supervisor to adjust the price.  I have been promised calls back and hung up on twice!

3 minutes ago, Snotarni said:

Currently onhold now while my TA contacts RCCL.  We'll see what happens.

Exactly why I started to use a Travel Agent. "On hold" with a agent means you go about your day and wait for an updated email / call / text whatever. After trying to manage my own group cruise in 2016 I had enough of the multiple calls & multiple answers & wait times. Good Luck!

1 hour ago, sk8erguy1978 said:

Exactly why I started to use a Travel Agent. "On hold" with a agent means you go about your day and wait for an updated email / call / text whatever. After trying to manage my own group cruise in 2016 I had enough of the multiple calls & multiple answers & wait times. Good Luck!

Yeah... I tried that yesterday but never got a call/email back... so, I called again this morning, and still I wait... ?

3 hours ago, rjac said:

Please let us know how it goes with your TA. I'm interested, thanks. :27_sunglasses:

It took our TA hours with Royal on the phone to accomplish our Lift and Shift of our October 2020 cruise to the Greek Isles. When we read about the program Wednesday morning we called our TA right away. He was on phone with Royal for 1 hr 45 mins on Wednesday and then got disconnected, causing great frustration. At that point, he did a very smart thing and booked the room under regular price to make sure it was still available since he knew it was the only one ( we were booked in a 2 BR Grand Suite), and then started the whole process again on Thursday, upon which took an additional 1hr 20 mins., after which he was able to send us our new confirmation with the reduced price of our 2020 cruise. He was able to shift our October 2020 Greek Isles Cruise on Explorer in 2BR Grand Suite  to a 2 BR Suite in Oct 2021 on Odyssey to the Greek Isles for the same price we had secured for our 2020 cruise on Explorer. It was a significant savings and we are so very thankful our TA persevered through much frustration, and he’s a professional used to dealing with it! He reported, like others did above, that there were many details that once worked out had to be checked and approved by supervisors, amounting to much time on hold. 

•  

4 hours ago, whitsmom said:

So on the L&S does our already purchased UBP & VOOM transfer too?  I figured it would but from reading above, I'm not so sure now.

4 hours ago, Matt said:

No, it would not.

It definitely does not. As soon as my L&S started to be processed, I got a bunch of emails indicating cancellation of ALL of my Cruise Planner purchases, including the internet package I'd bought.

Just now, JLMoran said:

It definitely does not. As soon as my L&S started to be processed, I got a bunch of emails indicating cancellation of ALL of my Cruise Planner purchases, including the internet package I'd bought.

+1 AND! That's how I knew my TA was successful. Those were cancellations I was happy to receive!

27 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

I figured as much! I'm still trying to hold out a little to make up our mind fully.  If we L&S it will be with a different ship from the Adventure to the Freedom. I need to check out the Freedom and see what (if any) are the differences before making our final decision.  Shew....I think a need a bourbon about now!

1 minute ago, whitsmom said:

If we L&S it will be with a different ship from the Adventure to the Freedom. I need to check out the Freedom and see what (if any) are the differences before making our final decision.

Freedom had her AMP refurb shortly before the stuff hit the fan with Covid-19, so she's got a lot more new shiny than Adventure right now -- Playmakers, Lime & Coconut, etc.. I would get on her in a heartbeat if given the chance at no extra cost!

13 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

Freedom had her AMP refurb shortly before the stuff hit the fan with Covid-19, so she's got a lot more new shiny than Adventure right now -- Playmakers, Lime & Coconut, etc.. I would get on her in a heartbeat if given the chance at no extra cost!

Adventure seems to get the short end of the stick every time on refurbs.  She had a modified refurb the last time due to hurricanes.