New Year's Eve Dining on Adventure of the Seas

I was hoping to reserve a table at Geovanni's for New Year's Eve, but it is either completely booked up, or it is closed. Same with Chops (but not a fan). Izumi is rocking, and that's where I parked us, for now, for three nights, by choice. Yes, really! ?
Questions: 1) Should we plan to eat in the MDR for New Year's Eve? Is it something special? 2) We are staying in a Grand Suite. Will the concierge be able to able to secure that NYE rezi in Geovanni's, after all? Ricardo, our concierge on Radiance, was a master at working those dining schedules for us.

9 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

It's possibly too early to book the NYE specialty dinners.  On Freedom in both Chops and Giovannis they did special NYE champagne meals that weren't included with the dining plans and were much more than the typical meals.

Thanks for the info! Were you able to book the NYE on the cruise planner?

12 hours ago, Baked Alaska said:

Thanks for the info! Were you able to book the NYE on the cruise planner?

Yes..they did show up there.  I know they definitely didn't show up until closer to the cruise.  For us it was advertised as a special surf & turf meal (lobster and steak) and a mini bottle of champagne and was closer to a $75-$85 per person price point..can't exactly remember.

4 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

Yes..they did show up there.  I know they definitely didn't show up until closer to the cruise.  For us it was advertised as a special surf & turf meal (lobster and steak) and a mini bottle of champagne and was closer to a $75-$85 per person price point..can't exactly remember.

Hmmmm. Now I am wondering if we should Life & Shift to Allure December 26, 2021. It meets all the criteria. Plus more dining options and Roatan instead of Belize City. What would you do?

9 minutes ago, Baked Alaska said:

Hmmmm. Now I am wondering if we should Life & Shift to Allure December 26, 2021. It meets all the criteria. Plus more dining options and Roatan instead of Belize City. What would you do?

Price out the Allure cruise and make sure it's not cheaper first and then I'd switch over..you'll retain the Grand Suite at the same pricing and that gives you a lot more amenities on an Oasis Class ship!  It will give you more bang for your buck, push out your final payment date, and gets to further away from the whole virus situation! 

The only thing up in the air on that in my opinion is Allure may not be sailing out of Galveston yet by then if they can't have a terminal up and running to accommodate an Oasis class ship.  You may want to consider Oasis, Symphony, or Harmony for that same sailing.  From what I understand you can go from one NYE sailing to another without issue.

2 minutes ago, Baked Alaska said:

It is a little over $6000 more! Adventure cruise covered by FCC from our cancelled Oasis March 2020.

Not sure how the FCC would be handled since they typically have expiration dates and sail by dates.  But if you take that out of the equation and compare the cruisefares, it's likely that switching to an Oasis class ship for that sailing would be advantageous.  This is where a TA would definitely be an invaluable resource to advocate for you so you can hopefully do exactly what you want to do.

I'd almost shy away from Allure because of everything up in the air with her..just makes it easier when you consider all the things that could happen..the terminal isn't ready, they decide to reschedule her AMP and it impacts sailings, etc.  Maybe look at the other three and weigh if the added travel expenses of flying to Florida during the holiday season may be a problem for you.  I will say that if you are willing to fly on Christmas Day you can find some good flight bargains, typically!

20 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Not sure how the FCC would be handled since they typically have expiration dates and sail by dates.  But if you take that out of the equation and compare the cruisefares, it's likely that switching to an Oasis class ship for that sailing would be advantageous.  This is where a TA would definitely be an invaluable resource to advocate for you so you can hopefully do exactly what you want to do.

I'd almost shy away from Allure because of everything up in the air with her..just makes it easier when you consider all the things that could happen..the terminal isn't ready, they decide to reschedule her AMP and it impacts sailings, etc.  Maybe look at the other three and weigh if the added travel expenses of flying to Florida during the holiday season may be a problem for you.  I will say that if you are willing to fly on Christmas Day you can find some good flight bargains, typically!

I would hope that the FL departures would be okay, but then probably wouldn't be able to take advantage of the bump up from the Adventure to Oasis class, but! I think that would still be better than no cruise! 

I have ask our TA, Sharla at MEI to look into the possibility of the Galveston switch.