How to communicate

I love this question because I am a crazy planner when it comes to vacations. I like to come up with an itinerary with flexible things to do so our time is planned out enough that we can see as much as possible. Sounds strange to plan out each hour, but I initially started doing it because of your question and finding someone who got lost! If each person, especially someone without a phone, needs to know where we are, they can check a copy of the schedule I gave them. For cruises, I don't even take my phone with me so I chose a similar option to the others on this thread. I wrote down a sheet where would we be and what we would be doing that day, meeting up once for lunch where we had reservations. I also used stickies to write something like "Going to solarium until 1, grabbing a bite at Johnny Rockets after" and remind them when your dinner reservations are. I also set up a "curfew" for my youngest sibling who is still in high school saying we all had to be back at the cabin by 6pm before dinner so we could walk down to Deck 3 together at 6:15pm. Made the evenings a lot less stressful. 

My wife and I have the cheap white board w/markers in our room.  Easy to put where you are and when as we often split up during sea days.  Has always worked well for us, and we establish meeting times for things like meals or events we want to do together.