What to do in St. Thomas

hmills96

We are visiting St. Thomas on Symphony in December (fingers crossed). Looking for guidance on what to do. We are doing both Labadee and Coco Cay, so not really looking for another beach day. Friends have suggested taking the gondola ride of the mountain, but I am terrified of heights, so that doesn't sound like a ton of fun to me. Any suggestions?

We are visiting St Thomas in Dec as well (Oasis).  I was wondering if there are any suggestions for lunch in the port area?  We are making it a faux sea day, but it would be nice to step off and eat lunch locally. 

We have other cruises to St Thomas that we will look do to an excursion. The gondola  up the mountain sounds great, but I think the height would terrify our daughter.

On 5/3/2020 at 8:15 PM, hmills96 said:

We are visiting St. Thomas on Symphony in December (fingers crossed). Looking for guidance on what to do. We are doing both Labadee and Coco Cay, so not really looking for another beach day. Friends have suggested taking the gondola ride of the mountain, but I am terrified of heights, so that doesn't sound like a ton of fun to me. Any suggestions?

I don't know how many people you have in your party. Last time we were in St. Thomas we had 2 families, total of 8 people and chartered a boat for the day. Took us snorkeling with sea turtles then to St. John for lunch on the beach. Total cost was much less than RCCL would charge for an excursion. Best port day we have ever had. 

15 hours ago, loki007 said:

I don't know how many people you have in your party. Last time we were in St. Thomas we had 2 families, total of 8 people and chartered a boat for the day. Took us snorkeling with sea turtles then to St. John for lunch on the beach. Total cost was much less than RCCL would charge for an excursion. Best port day we have ever had. 

we have 4 people total, and on the later sailings we will have 3.

• 1 year later...

The last time I was in St Thomas, I made the mistake of booking the SkyRide excursion thinking it would take me to the famous Mountaintop.  Well, it did take me to the top of a mountain but it was an underwhelming experience.

When I go back to St Thomas in November, I want to go to THE Mountaintop this time.  I also want to go to Magen's Bay.  Right now, there's nothing in the Cruise Planner that includes both.  Has anyone done a Royal excursion including both?  How was it?

On 10/29/2021 at 1:02 PM, PG Cruiser said:

The last time I was in St Thomas, I made the mistake of booking the SkyRide excursion thinking it would take me to the famous Mountaintop.  Well, it did take me to the top of a mountain but it was an underwhelming experience.

When I go back to St Thomas in November, I want to go to THE Mountaintop this time.  I also want to go to Magen's Bay.  Right now, there's nothing in the Cruise Planner that includes both.  Has anyone done a Royal excursion including both?  How was it?

I’m debating between magens bay and sapphire beach at the moment. My ship won’t get into st Thomas until 12pm and there are 3 other ships in port that arrive early morning. Worried about crowds at magens beach 

On 5/4/2020 at 12:15 PM, DublinFC said:

We are visiting St Thomas in Dec as well (Oasis).  I was wondering if there are any suggestions for lunch in the port area?  We are making it a faux sea day, but it would be nice to step off and eat lunch locally. 

We have other cruises to St Thomas that we will look do to an excursion. The gondola  up the mountain sounds great, but I think the height would terrify our daughter.

We're on the same cruise and were thinking of heading over to Water Island on our own (Ferry departs from Tickles Pub which is a short walk from the ship);  However, it looks like we're in from noon to 7, so I'm not sure the ferry times line up.  Water Island is very quiet, has a great beach, and a great beach restaurant with good food and cold beers...  😉

1 hour ago, Snotarni said:

We're on the same cruise and were thinking of heading over to Water Island on our own (Ferry departs from Tickles Pub which is a short walk from the ship);  However, it looks like we're in from noon to 7, so I'm not sure the ferry times line up.  Water Island is very quiet, has a great beach, and a great beach restaurant with good food and cold beers...  😉

That's what we did last time in St. Thomas, and may very well do that again