Accessible Rooms

Not a specific date, per se, but it is usually pretty close to sail date.  I have gotten 2 such upgrades in the past  - one Jr, Suite and 1 virtual balcony inside.  You just have to be there to catch them when they open up on general inventory.  My guess is to start checking about 30 days prior to sailing.  I check every day....so I cannot tell you for sure when they come available, but that's generally when they start shifting rooms around to try and fill the ship (30 days out).

Good luck.  I have really enjoyed the extra space in the room, bathroom and balcony (obviously no balcony with the inside room) that comes with the accessible room.

Yeah, those wedge-shaped rooms look REALLY big. 

When are you going to be on Freedom ?  I'm going June 26.

I'm hoping that they will start upselling/upgrading rooms soon for this sailing.  I'm hoping to snag a Grand Suite.  We're in a JS but would love to upgrade to a full suite.

Everything Waaaytoo said I agree with. But I would also check around final payment date. At that time it seems many things open up.I know when I book a cruise I find myself checking two or three times a week.

Yeah, those wedge-shaped rooms look REALLY big. 

When are you going to be on Freedom ?  I'm going June 26.

I'm hoping that they will start upselling/upgrading rooms soon for this sailing.  I'm hoping to snag a Grand Suite.  We're in a JS but would love to upgrade to a full suite.

For the group cruise Sept 4.

When you guys say checking, do you mean online or do you call? Does it matter if a TA owns my reservation?

For the group cruise Sept 4.

When you guys say checking, do you mean online or do you call? Does it matter if a TA owns my reservation?

I cannot speak for others but for me it means go online and run a search for the cruise and see what is available and at what rates.  Even if I used a travel agent I would always check up on them.

Does it matter if a TA owns my reservation?

All that means is they have to make the booking.  Nothing is stopping you from checking of its existence.

I am not certain about accessible rooms, but family rooms are not usually listed on the site. It is one of those rooms you have to call in for, and like accessible rooms, after a certain point, they will open up for smaller quantity of guests if they go unbooked.

Yes, Christy. I go online and check room availability. 

Recently, I found a suite that I wanted (Harmony, group cruise Sept. 17) to upgrade to, and even though the original reservation was booked through Club Royale they were able to make the room change for me through Crown & Anchor.  Some things they can change and some things have to be done through the TA.

I have found them to be very reasonable regarding making changes to my reservations whether booked directly with Royal or through a TA.  If they can help you, they will.  I don't think I have EVER had them tell me, "we can't do that for you.  You will have to get your TA to do that"....whatever "It" happened to be.  Granted, I rarely ask them to make changes for a TA booking, but I don't think they have ever turned me away.