Does any one know when the drink packages discounts will be ready ?

My family and I are going to be on the Rhapsody of the Seas in July 2021 and currently the drink package is $34.00 per day that is $280.00 for the trip per person. Is there any one that can give me a clue on when to look for the 30% discount to re on cruise planner. 

Thank you 

M First

Which drink package is that? Right now $34.00 is the going rate for the Refreshment Package on my Harmony of the Seas cruise in November, 2021. The price for that as well as the other drink packages will go down closer to your sailing date. You'll start getting emails about the sales if you opted in for them. Keep checking though, they can drop (and go up) at almost anytime. Around Thanksgiving time is a good time too.

1 hour ago, M First said:

My family and I are going to be on the Rhapsody of the Seas in July 2021 and currently the drink package is $34.00 per day that is $280.00 for the trip per person. Is there any one that can give me a clue on when to look for the 30% discount to re on cruise planner. 

Thank you 

M First

Welcome to the boards!  As Matt always says, buy the package at the price you are willing to pay.  Then, check your cruise planner frequently for sales, and when you see the price lower cancel & re-book.  

6 hours ago, USFFrank said:

Which drink package is that? Right now $34.00 is the going rate for the Refreshment Package on my Harmony of the Seas cruise in November, 2021. The price for that as well as the other drink packages will go down closer to your sailing date. You'll start getting emails about the sales if you opted in for them. Keep checking though, they can drop (and go up) at almost anytime. Around Thanksgiving time is a good time too.

Good point.  I had assumed DBP.  

The current "sale" is only for cruises from Sept-Dec 2020. You'll probably see a "sale" for the month of your cruise around 5-8 months before the sail date. However, I keep putting sale in quotes because the regular/full price are not fixed and can change dramatically outside of a posted sale. I have seen better than sale prices when a sale isn't even going on. I wouldn't book the drink pkg yet, but I do start tracking them this far out (once a week or so). When the price drops to a level you are comfortable with, buy it. Keep tracking prices after that though because as the other posters said, you can cancel and repurchase. 

2 hours ago, FoxboroCruiser said:

$34 sounds great! Our 2021 Freedom price is $77... There’s no way that’s going to happen.

$34 is for the refreshment package I believe,  not the UBP since the OP is talking about a July 2021cruise. $34 for a UBP would be amazing though!

21 hours ago, M First said:

Thank you 

M First

I would jump on that price now. If it goes lower, cancel and re-book, but it hasn't been that low since I started watching it over five years ago.

3 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

In that case, $34 PP/PD is very high.  Just keep monitoring it.  Most of the sale prices for the refreshment pkg have been around $19 PP/PD.

I agree if you're talking about refreshment.  I always get it for my wife, and I think the highest I ever paid was maybe $21-22 per day.  You should be able to get it for the low-mid $20 range just keep checking as you get closer to your sailing date.

• 2 weeks later...

In my case, i am sailing on independence for 4 nights next December with my mother & I have purchased the classic soda package for both of us @ 30%off of $13.50¢pp/pd each.

$13.50-30%($4.72¢)=$8.99¢pp/pd for the classic soda package. The total for the classic soda for 1 person is $42.43¢ & for 2 people the total for the classic soda package for 1 person is $84.86¢