Jun 21, 2020 Cruise?

@mattylew we are in the same boat (ship) pun intended. We are scheduled to board 28 June 20. I am feeling 99 % we are not going. That being said we are waiting for Royal to cancel so we can use the 125% on a future sailing. I would love to go and will go if they sail, but not feeling all that confident. Since I can't control it I am just trying to let it go and roll with it. Fingers crossed the mitigation is enough for the cdc to lift no sail order and we sail, but that seems to be the sticking point. Sailing out of Florida I think helps a bit. Positive thoughts?

15 hours ago, mattylew said:

My wife and I booked a cruise with RC for June 21 on the Harmony of the Seas. With cruising being halted until Jun 11, does anyone know the likelihood of this cruise actually happening? 

I’d probably put it at under 50%. Even with stay at home orders being loosened in some states, there doesn’t seem to be any government pressure to get the cruise industry going again. If you have your eyes on a cruise later in the year and don’t want to wait for the possibility of an extra 25% FCCyou could use the cruise with confidence program to cancel that june cruise. 

15 hours ago, mattylew said:

My wife and I booked a cruise with RC for June 21 on the Harmony of the Seas. With cruising being halted until Jun 11, does anyone know the likelihood of this cruise actually happening? 

I would give it a 98% chance of it not happening. I doubt the CDC is going to be allowing ships to dock and offload passengers anytime soon. Last I read, RCL & CCL can't even get their crews offloaded.  Getting fresh crews back on is going to be a nightmare.

16 hours ago, mattylew said:

does anyone know the likelihood of this cruise actually happening? 

Unfortunately, no one really knows. It's a decision made by RC and thus far, I've had no way of knowing what to expect.

The only indicator out there that gives a hint of what to expect is if one of the other major cruise lines (Carnival or NCL) cancels more sailings before Royal Caribbean does. Usually, the big three match each other one way or another.

So Royal is still trying to get crew members that have been on ships for months back to their countries.....With all the world wide travel restrictions I can't how they will be able to get new crew members back to the ships for end of June or even July. Plus the US have a 14 day mandatory quarantine on anyone arriving....would they be allowed to do this quarantine on the ship or do they have to do this on land before boarding....

Can't imagine anything happening this summer....