Update from Royal on FCC and Refunds

We, like many are waiting for our refunds, it doesn't fill me with confidence that the process is underway when last night I received "Adventure Confirmation" email for our sailing on the 28th June from Rome on Adventure, am I alone in receiving this or are we all getting them?

Another update.  Got my full refund less $50 which I think the TA charged in their words for all the effort. 

Requested 23 March.  Confirmed same day as it was. RCCL cancellation not mine. Random amount of like 2 or 3% refunded in 2 random amounts about 3 weeks later.  Then the rest today.  Quite a long time at 90 days (email said 45 days max originally) ..  but we got there I guess..   Hopefully I can send it back to RCCL soon.. but not confident the worst is over just yet.  

1 hour ago, Meridian said:

Another update.  Got my full refund less $50 which I think the TA charged in their words for all the effort. 

Requested 23 March.  Confirmed same day as it was. RCCL cancellation not mine. Random amount of like 2 or 3% refunded in 2 random amounts about 3 weeks later.  Then the rest today.  Quite a long time at 90 days (email said 45 days max originally) ..  but we got there I guess..   Hopefully I can send it back to RCCL soon.. but not confident the worst is over just yet.  

Wow I wouldn't use that TA again!  Does the TA not process payments directly with Royal?

1 hour ago, Meridian said:

I’m still waiting on a refund for a cancelled cruise and I’m in the 40+ days mark. But, 90 days is just criminal in my mind. How would it be if I took a cruise and paid RCI 90 days after the cruise - I don’t think that would work but it sure seems to work in the opposite direction. No where else would this be allowed in commerce. I can add all kinds of analogies but I’ll leave it with - criminal!

I have a cruise scheduled for November 2021 but I’m hanging by a thread here and extremely disappointed with RCI on this issue. I’m about to scrap it all and just start doing land based vacations...I’m still hanging in there but some days it is just an irritant. 

14 hours ago, DanielB said:

Wow I wouldn't use that TA again!  Does the TA not process payments directly with Royal?

They processed it immediately as they sent me a copy of the RCI confirmation and also sent me the confirmation they had got the money back and then turned it round back to me in day or 2 - so the delay was on the RCI side.   Outside of that they did all the stuff at the start and then did process the refund etc and I imagine now get nothing for it  and I know they are struggling to even stay in business (many in my area have simply closed)  in these crazy times where 100% of their business is down the drain - im happy for them to have the $50 (out of a 5 figure refund)  if it helps them defer a little cost.  

14 hours ago, VACruiser said:

I’m still waiting on a refund for a cancelled cruise and I’m in the 40+ days mark. But, 90 days is just criminal in my mind. How would it be if I took a cruise and paid RCI 90 days after the cruise - I don’t think that would work but it sure seems to work in the opposite direction. No where else would this be allowed in commerce. I can add all kinds of analogies but I’ll leave it with - criminal!

I have a cruise scheduled for November 2021 but I’m hanging by a thread here and extremely disappointed with RCI on this issue. I’m about to scrap it all and just start doing land based vacations...I’m still hanging in there but some days it is just an irritant. 

Its annoying,  but its not just RCI , its travel industry wide.  Its hard to understand if they are swamped,  or they cut to many staff,  or its systems or its just a ploy to hold cash.   Emirates who also owe me a fair amount of cash,  have said refund delays are hitting 6 months now.   Hotels.com who I also am waiting on are getting up there.  So not sure land based vacations would be much better off.   

17 hours ago, Meridian said:

Technically 60 business days (but still longer than 45 business days).

1 hour ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Technically 60 business days (but still longer than 45 business days).

I always feel like companies etc use business days simply as a reason to make a longer time sound shorter.. ie stretch it out.   As is the case here really.     Not like you think,  wow only 38 business days till my holiday.. 

2 minutes ago, Meridian said:

I always feel like companies etc use business days simply as a reason to make a longer time sound shorter.. ie stretch it out.   As is the case here really.     Not like you think,  wow only 38 business days till my holiday.. 

Regardless of the reason they do it, they have said that when they say 45 days it's 45 business days, not calendar days.