Allure Windjammer worse than other Windjammers

Food is not worse at all.  The Windjammer itself is just smaller.  

On other classes of ships, the Windjammer was designed to be the place onboard to get quick food.  On Oasis class ships, they wanted to break up the crowds so creating a large buffet restaurant was not going to work.  The idea is you can get food quickly at many other places (Wipeout Cafe, Park Cafe, Cafe Promenade, etc).

Food is not worse at all.  The Windjammer itself is just smaller.  

On other classes of ships, the Windjammer was designed to be the place onboard to get quick food.  On Oasis class ships, they wanted to break up the crowds so creating a large buffet restaurant was not going to work.  The idea is you can get food quickly at many other places (Wipeout Cafe, Park Cafe, Cafe Promenade, etc).

oh good got nervous for moment. 82 days don't need any surprises...lol. All happy thoughts

Like all Windjammers, if you roll in after 9am, it will be crowded and there can very well be lines to get in.  So either avoid busy times or seek alternatives during those times.

do the alternatives get crowded?  Debating Allure or Liberty kinda nervous about the crowds :) we're gf so food is already a challenge and little slower than normal for us anyway, but gotta say I'm intrigued by the Allure options. 

I think any of the food outlets they are overrun with passengers can have issues from time to time. I have found in my opinion Windjammers works better on the smaller ships. It is a very nice place on the Legends Class, that I never found crowed, I cannot say the same on the larger ships. I think one of the problems is the staff, they are just not setup to handle big rushes and they tend to shut down. So we as passengers need to think smart, go to other places that are not as busy, the MDR I find to always be quite for breakfast (not last day) and lunch. Or have a snack and eat in Windjammers in the off times, early or very late. If the ships has Johnny Rockets, that can be a good choice as many overlook it. Yes a small cover charge (Lunch Dinner) but quite and great to sit outside and watch the sea.

Maybe I'm a little strange but I love the open ocean air. Given a choice of being inside a great outlet inside the ship or outside in the fresh open air I like it outside. I could never understand with private boating my friends buying boats that had all the space as inside cabins. Give me a open Fly bridge sports fisherman and I'm a happy guy.

do the alternatives get crowded?  Debating Allure or Liberty kinda nervous about the crowds :) we're gf so food is already a challenge and little slower than normal for us anyway, but gotta say I'm intrigued by the Allure options. 

In general, how crowded a space is tends to reflect more on the time of day than the venue's capacity.

Meaning, the Windjammer will not (likely) have a crowd before 8-8:30am. Likewise, My Time Dining is will not have much of a wait if you choose to eat before 6pm or after 7:30pm.  

Avoiding the busy times is a great strategy for enjoying the venue you would prefer to dine at, without the crowds.