125% FCC does NOT APPLY to on board credits

I am pretty livid right now. I got my 125% FCC yesterday and called to apply today, and they told me it CANNOT be applied to onboard credits or cruise planner... this is RIDICULOUS. has anyone else experienced this? why issue us MORE if we cant use it on things ON BOARD?!?! anyone else experience this horrible customer service?!

That is straight BS. they need to address this better on their websites. nowhere does it say it cant be used as cruise planner credit. except for when you call to rebook... its simple for RC to apply the credits to the cruise planner credits and apply it to entire balance. and now they are telling us that the FCC WONT apply to the Pre Cruise tour that RC literally has as a booking type on their booking page (Pre-cruisetour b). Their true colors are showing through this mess and it will be the last time we sail with them.

1 minute ago, Spang1974 said:

In my opinion it is Very clear that you can accept a full refund or 125% FCC. The terms and conditions for FCC are easy to find and also in my opinion very clear. 

FCC should apply to all things on that future cruise, if you book stuff through cruise planner it should also be allowed to be applied. with the amount "extra" we are getting we could take another full cruise completely paid for because alaska is one of the most expensive itineraries, however, so are the excursions. Thats to say if this will even sail end of July. just took us by surprise, and looking at other threads, several people think it includes being able to use on board or for excursions.

8 minutes ago, bornidentity said:

FCC should apply to all things on that future cruise, if you book stuff through cruise planner it should also be allowed to be applied. with the amount "extra" we are getting we could take another full cruise completely paid for because alaska is one of the most expensive itineraries, however, so are the excursions. Thats to say if this will even sail end of July. just took us by surprise, and looking at other threads, several people think it includes being able to use on board or for excursions.

Those others may be referring to the credit issued for cruise planner purchases that were cancelled and issued an extra 25% credit as terms on these read as such;

If you purchased Cruise Planner Items…

• You can opt-in to receive an Onboard Credit in the value of 125% of the total Cruise Planner purchases on your reservation.

Perhaps, have you looked into using that extra FCC to bump up a room category?

13 minutes ago, Andrew72681 said:

Those others may be referring to the credit issued for cruise planner purchases that were cancelled and issued an extra 25% credit as terms on these read as such;

If you purchased Cruise Planner Items…

• You can opt-in to receive an Onboard Credit in the value of 125% of the total Cruise Planner purchases on your reservation.

Perhaps, have you looked into using that extra FCC to bump up a room category?

i did look at that but i can only go up to a suite from here and then would owe more so alas i wait. and bite the bullet of not requesting the full refund

2 hours ago, bornidentity said:

i did look at that but i can only go up to a suite from here and then would owe more so alas i wait. and bite the bullet of not requesting the full refund

You could always not apply that FCC, get a refund, which may take longer but would leave you without any additional FCC to worry about. 
Perhaps also, when there are thousands of people still waiting for refunds or FCC’s this outburst wasn’t the answer. 

Or, if you prefer the lower value in a full refund, we’re happy to process this for you. Given how fluid this situation is, and the opportunity to use the extra credit being offered, you have plenty of time to make up your mind. You have until December 31, 2021 to request a refund and keep your active certificate till that date. 

• Please contact us to start the refund process, if you’re willing to give up the higher value of your 125% Future Cruise Credit.
    • To avoid waiting on the phone to cancel, please click here and we will get the process started for you.

4 minutes ago, Andrew72681 said:

You could always not apply that FCC, get a refund, which may take longer but would leave you without any additional FCC to worry about. 
Perhaps also, when there are thousands of people still waiting for refunds or FCC’s this outburst wasn’t the answer. 

Or, if you prefer the lower value in a full refund, we’re happy to process this for you. Given how fluid this situation is, and the opportunity to use the extra credit being offered, you have plenty of time to make up your mind. You have until December 31, 2021 to request a refund and keep your active certificate till that date. 

• Please contact us to start the refund process, if you’re willing to give up the higher value of your 125% Future Cruise Credit.
    • To avoid waiting on the phone to cancel, please click here and we will get the process started for you.

its too late to request refund instead of FCC, once its issued they dont reverse it to the refund. The point of this post is to let people know it DOES NOT apply to the full cruise. just cruise fare, and thats important for people to know, ESPECIALLY if they were planning on doing what we were going to do and use the extra 25% for the $2400 worth of excursions and onboard activities! As i check this board often for updates like these, i found it important.

3 hours ago, bornidentity said:

its too late to request refund instead of FCC, once its issued they dont reverse it to the refund. The point of this post is to let people know it DOES NOT apply to the full cruise. just cruise fare, and thats important for people to know, ESPECIALLY if they were planning on doing what we were going to do and use the extra 25% for the $2400 worth of excursions and onboard activities! As i check this board often for updates like these, i found it important.

No. You should read the message that came with it. You have over a year and a half to deactivate that FCC and receive a refund. 

77300BA8-8483-4255-B1B0-9F1C48106E24.png

3 hours ago, bornidentity said:

I’m guessing we have different views of the word “often” as you only joined on April 9th and have zero reputation.  The only activity appears to be this seeding of anger that is unfounded. 

On 4/29/2020 at 9:32 AM, bornidentity said:

That is straight BS. they need to address this better on their websites. nowhere does it say it cant be used as cruise planner credit. except for when you call to rebook... its simple for RC to apply the credits to the cruise planner credits and apply it to entire balance. and now they are telling us that the FCC WONT apply to the Pre Cruise tour that RC literally has as a booking type on their booking page (Pre-cruisetour b). Their true colors are showing through this mess and it will be the last time we sail with them.

You will be missed