JetBlue to become first major US airline to require passengers to wear face coverings!!

19 minutes ago, Ray said:

Not good 

How you meant to drink your beer ?? wearing a mask ? 

True story - went to Total Wine to replenish my Staying At Home inventory yesterday.  Pull into parking lot, park car, put on face mask and promptly try to drink from a water bottle before leaving my car.  Didn't work out very well.  

45 minutes ago, twangster said:

True story - went to Total Wine to replenish my Staying At Home inventory yesterday.  Pull into parking lot, park car, put on face mask and promptly try to drink from a water bottle before leaving my car.  Didn't work out very well.  

The Total Wine and Gary's stores around here are all curb-side drop-off now. Just pull up, pop your trunk, and someone will come out with your order and put in the trunk / close it up for you. Ultimate zero-contact while still being able to leave the house. Same with a lot of the fast-food places around here like Playa Bowls, Panera Bread, Smash Burger, and Moe's Mexican Grill.

1 hour ago, JLMoran said:

The Total Wine and Gary's stores around here are all curb-side drop-off now. Just pull up, pop your trunk, and someone will come out with your order and put in the trunk / close it up for you. Ultimate zero-contact while still being able to leave the house. Same with a lot of the fast-food places around here like Playa Bowls, Panera Bread, Smash Burger, and Moe's Mexican Grill.

This must be a wide-spread Jersey thing, because it's much the same down here by Princeton.  We even have a drive-thru farm around here, which is great.  You order fresh fruits, vegetables and eggs online, print out your order form or just have it on your phone's e-mail. You drive into the barn, show them the print out or e-mail (which they scan through your window), then pop the trunk.  They fill you up with farm-fresh produce and you're on your way.  I've gone every week since they started!

Just now, USCG Teacher said:

This must be a wide-spread Jersey thing, because it's much the same down here by Princeton.  We even have a drive-thru farm around here, which is great.  You order fresh fruits, vegetables and eggs online, print out your order form or just have it on your phone's e-mail. You drive into the barn, show them the print out or e-mail (which they scan through your window), then pop the trunk.  They fill you up with farm-fresh produce and you're on your way.  I've gone every week since they started!

omg, I'd LOVE this! We haven't had fresh produce since March 11.

Here in Western Australia, the government has just lifted the daily limit on alcohol purchases that was imposed a month or two back when there was a run on toilet paper and non-perishable food items (pasta, rice, tinned foods, etc.).  We are no longer limited to just one carton of beer (24 cans) and 3 bottles of wine per day. Phew, I was getting desperate for a while there ?

3 hours ago, JLMoran said:

Upstate NY, a local liquor store is doing curbside too. I placed order, picked up order, got home and noticed regular Bushmills and not Bushmills Black Bush. I don't dislike regular Bushmills but it's about $7 or so dollars different. I called and explained and was willing to accept what they gave for a credit or refund or whatever but they said to bring it back. Well, it's a 30 minute round trip (at about only 7 miles round-trip) and had other items to drink so returned it the next day. 

The next day, I stormed right in (after putting on my mask of course) and politely asked if I could get it myself while I grabbed more things... LOL ... I mean, why waste a trip! 

There is a closer, smaller liquor store a mile away but this one's worth the drive (more selections).

Anyway, lesson learned, check the bag, or don't and use it as an excuse to buy more the following day. ?

7 hours ago, twangster said:

The closest liquor store has a drive thru.  Always has.  Years ago it was a Rite-Aid pharmacy.  I've never used it... drive thru liquor doesn't seem like a good idea but I guess looking back at least someone was preparing.

In Texas the liquor stores deliver. Our shop of choice guarantees a 2 hour delivery with a $50 purchase, order, pay online and sit back and wait. 

15 hours ago, JLMoran said:

I can beat that.  My brother and sister in law live in central NJ.  Their garden center is operating on the HONESTY program and appointment times.  There is no person to meet, and they allow no more than 6 people in the garden at a time.  You pick out your flowers/planters take a pic send it over the phone.  They call you back and take your CC over the phone.  I am sure they have cameras everywhere to see if the customer is truly honest, but still that is amazing.

7 minutes ago, Matt said:

I still can't believe the cruise lines continue to be lambasted by the media as "the floating petri dish", but airlines are still flying and moving (possibly) infected people around the world and not a word on it.

Plus,  if you read the latest news these airlines are requesting to be let out of their gate leases for some airports.  That means they are now forcing more people to fly out of fewer airports.  They are shutting down smaller airports like Flint/Lansing and saying that passengers can fly out of Detroit.  Hence, more people in Detroit.  

9 hours ago, Pima1988 said:

Plus,  if you read the latest news these airlines are requesting to be let out of their gate leases for some airports.  That means they are now forcing more people to fly out of fewer airports.  They are shutting down smaller airports like Flint/Lansing and saying that passengers can fly out of Detroit.  Hence, more people in Detroit.  

All while getting bailout money.

13 hours ago, Matt said:

I still can't believe the cruise lines continue to be lambasted by the media as "the floating petri dish", but airlines are still flying and moving (possibly) infected people around the world and not a word on it.

The fact that this line keeps getting repeated by people over and over as an attack on the cruise lines shows that these people have never cruised, and clearly that they can't make their own informed decisions. All the while, people crammed into a 737 like sardines due to an airline's "basic economy" fare are clearly not able to practice social distancing.