Refund policy before final payment doe date

Bigken

Need some information.   My cruise in not until end of August. Hopefully   My final payment is do end of may already paid in full or is a none refundable deposit with insurance  I called royal just to ask if I cancel before due date will I get full refund. I was told no I  would lose my 500$ deposit and get   A fcc for balance I have no plans of  canceling but this does not seem right ???!

I can’t imagine that you would lose the entire deposit.  A non-refundable deposit would cost you a $100 PP penalty under normal circumstances, however, with Cruise With Confidence, you should not be assessed any penalty.  If I understand the situation correctly, you should receive a cash refund to you credit card for all taxes, ports fees and gratuities (if they were prepaid) and a FCC for all other monies paid, including 100% of your down payment. 

You're past final payment date, so there's two options you have.

1. Refund: If you want a refund, what they told you is correct. You'd incur a penalty for cancelling after final payment.

2. Take advantage of the Cruise with Confidence program: Get 100% Future Cruise Credit, no penalty.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

You're past final payment date, so there's two options you have.

1. Refund: If you want a refund, what they told you is correct. You'd incur a penalty for cancelling after final payment.

2. Take advantage of the Cruise with Confidence program: Get 100% Future Cruise Credit, no penalty.

I’m not passed final payment date. That is may 31 that’s why I don’t understand.   But I have no intention of canceling   Hopefully will be Crusiesing  

3 hours ago, Bigken said:

I’m not passed final payment date. That is may 31 that’s why I don’t understand.   But I have no intention of canceling   Hopefully will be Crusiesing  

Ah, so did you book non-refundable deposit option? If so, cancelling would mean $100 per person change fee.

On 4/28/2020 at 11:11 AM, Bigken said:

Need some information.   My cruise in not until end of August. Hopefully   My final payment is do end of may already paid in full or is a none refundable deposit with insurance  I called royal just to ask if I cancel before due date will I get full refund. I was told no I  would lose my 500$ deposit and get   A fcc for balance I have no plans of  canceling but this does not seem right ???!

I am in the same boat,  paid in full for Independence of the Seas 08/22/2020.  I was told that only the $100.00 per person deposit would be issued as an FCC and the balance would be refunded to the card used.   Best of luck to you, as I know this process has all been horrible with so much misinformation. 

4 hours ago, Bigken said:

Yes I know that but I was told I would lose 500$

You shouldn't lose the deposit.  If you cancel before final payment your deposit will become a FCC (Future Cruise Credit) to apply towards another cruise.  In normal circumstances you would have a $100 per person change fee subtracted from your total deposit, but since they're running the Cruise with Confidence which covers your sail date in August, you won't be charged the change fee.