125% Cruise Planner refund

bbowers

Does anyone know if the 125% Cruise Planner refund will just show up at the top of the Cruise Planner page when it is issued?  I requested it on March 25th, and haven't heard anything from RCCL yet.  Also still waiting on my FCC and taxes & fees on a sailing that was supposed to be on April 25th.  Have a new cruise booked for Aug. 29th on Symphony, hopefully my FCC and taxes  & fees are refunded in time for me to use on this cruise.  THX.

I don't believe any of the 125% OBC have been issued yet so no one really knows.  I don't feel that it's going to be automatically available and that you will have to call Royal (or have your TA do it) and apply it to a specific booking as you would a FCC.  From there it should be available for Cruise Planner purchases.  All this is just going off of what I've gathered from the hearsay folks have reported back when they posed these questions to a Royal rep.

I do know that you should be able to apply your FCC even after making final payment on the cruise.  Then you will get refunded the portion of the cruisefare that you had already paid that is covered by the FCC.

My personal opinion is given the current circumstances if it comes final payment time and you don't have the FCC yet, I would just get the deposit back using the Cruise With Confidence option and not put up any more cash.  While I'd love to be optimistic that Royal will be cruising again by August 29, I wouldn't personally make that gamble and put more money up out of pocket to hold a cruise.  

I called a few times and they told me the following:

1. I don't need to do anything for the 125%, it will be automatically applied even though I already made my final payment in February

2. It will be applied between 30-60 days AFTER your sailing date for that cruise. So for me, my cruise was due to set sail May 11, so I won't get anything until at least the first week of June.

3. They're doing extended courtesy holds on future cruises so when the 125% DOES come in, you can pay that way instead of double paying or booking. The person I spoke with said I can get a 7 day courtesy hold and then call back to renew it once the 7 days was up, and I could continue to renew it and they may even extended the 7 days out so you don't have to call as often

Hope this helps! Not the best news but hey, it's something!

Hi I had three cruises all back to back on 4/4,4/11 and 4/18 i have received one FCC for the 4/4 it is in my wife’s name as FCC I’d issued to each passenger so I’m still waiting on 5 FCC 3 for me and 2 for my wife. Port taxes and gratuities are paid back to credit card and price of cruise plus 25% as FCC 

I filled out the form and submitted on3/28. Got an email from Royal on 4/20 saying my money will be refunded since I submitted the form after 4/8? I called RCCL and figured no big deal, they’ll surely give me the 125% on board credit. I got 2 VM from rep saying she’s working on it , but I didn’t submit on time So they are not sure what to do. Thank goodness I did a screen shot on my phone showing the date. I sent her that screen shot saying I submitted the form and it showed the date. Now, here’s the head scratcher. RCCL is bleeding cash. I am saying to them...Keep my money for 10 months ( next sailing in Oct) give me your on board credit. No brainer, right? Wow!! I got word finally my request was approved for the credit ?‍♂️. Thank you ... yes it should have been the second I called. 

I got an email on 4/20 saying that my cruise planner credit went through and just had to wait for my fcc.

I called royal the next day as the email was slightly confusing but all was ssorted out they said I should have my FCC and cruise planner credit on 4/30 which is tomorrow

My sailing was may 11 and some from my sailing have indeed gotten their FCC but none went for the cruise planner credit so I can attest to if they got that back or not. Guess I'll see what tomorrow brings