Double Occupancy,Turn up Solo - Drinks Package

Hello - I'm curious about booking double occupancy then deliberately turning up solo (as price solo and paying for 2 is virtually the same, worthwhile leaving door open for a relative or friend who may want a holiday if free to go...)

I know if no-one takes up my second passenger slot that I can simply turn up solo.

However, I want to book a drinks package in advance and do not consume alcoholic beverages.  I believe everyone in the same cabin also needs to have a beverage package as well. So my questions are:

1. Does the second passenger need to have a drinks passenger in advance of boarding (even though I'm planning to turn up in advance)?

2. Would I get refunded if the second passenger didn't turn and I had had to pre purchase a drinks package?

3. In general, if there were 2 passengers that travelled can I have the refreshment package whilst the 2nd passenger had a deluxe alcoholic package?

4. If the 2nd passenger was a child (albeit full fare) could I then have different types of refreshment packages within the same cabin?

All wisdom welcome ?