Will Royal move ships?

13 minutes ago, jaullram said:

We are booked on Oasis for September (I know, there is a chance cruising won't be up and running but we are hopeful).  Since many ships are off the coast of Florida and the virus is horrible in NY/NJ area, is there a chance Royal would change the ship to sail our of Florida instead?

What date are you sailing?

I think zero percent chance Royal Caribbean takes a planned sailing from Bayonne (or anywhere) and moves the embarkation port down to Florida. 

Very, very, very few people from original sailing would be okay with just sucking up new costs and logistics of going to Florida. 

If RC flat out cancelled the sailing and then moved the ship to Florida to offer alternative sailings, it would be equally impossible because that would leave weeks or months to sell rooms. They'd barely sell anything, as you have to remember a typical sailing goes on sale for years before it actually sets sail.

7 hours ago, jaullram said:

virus is horrible in NY/NJ area, is there a chance Royal would change the ship to sail our of Florida instead?

5 minutes ago, tonyfsu21 said:

November Oasis is back in Port Everglades so it’s not too far fetched. I’m still doubtful though we are sailing this year but I hope I’m wrong!

I'm going to do something I've never done and actually guess against what @Matt said earlier.  I agree that it would not be so far fetched to move it.  It goes back to that question in the other post, would they rather have some cancellations and sail somewhat empty or cancel everyone and not sail at all?  Like everything else in this mess, who knows, but it would not surprise me if they moved Oasis.

55 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I'm going to do something I've never done and actually guess against what @Matt said earlier.  I agree that it would not be so far fetched to move it.  It goes back to that question in the other post, would they rather have some cancellations and sail somewhat empty or cancel everyone and not sail at all?  Like everything else in this mess, who knows, but it would not surprise me if they moved Oasis.

Glad to see you replied. I was wondering how you would feel if your RLS sailing got moved vs. cancelled. Am I correct in thinking you’d gladly fly to florida for that royal suite?

1 hour ago, RCIfan1912 said:

If they move Oasis to Florida they better offer a refund or FCC because I would not be going at that point. 

Pretty sure that's what they typically offer when they make big changes like that.  They will entice you to keep the cruise with an OBC offer and perhaps even an airline change fee reimbursement, but if you decide you can't take the cruise out of the new debarkation port they will offer the full refund.  Some folks would gladly take the offer because leaving from Florida offers different ports of call, especially ones who are already planning to fly in for the cruise already.

1 hour ago, Andrew72681 said:

Glad to see you replied. I was wondering how you would feel if your RLS sailing got moved vs. cancelled. Am I correct in thinking you’d gladly fly to florida for that royal suite?

Because I would have to fly regardless, it makes zero difference to me.  I prefer flying to Florida rather than NJ anyway.  If they change ports, would I go?  I have already given it some thought as I think this would not be a far off possibility.  The answer is maybe.  Things are still too fluid right now with COVID 19.  I plan to pay my final payment in a few weeks and maybe I will go, and maybe I won't.  However, if I don't, I have an even better RLS waiting and with @WAAAYTOOO for company!  So win-win.  We'll see.

While NYC has the virus bad right now it's anyone's guess what it will look like in several months time.  We can speculate but that is pointless.  

Typically changing home port warrants cancellation of the cruise.  They haven't expected local residents to suddenly incur transportation costs to reach a different departure point.  I haven't researched it to see if that has been done on a legal basis (contract of carriage is from point X) or a practice they have followed.  

They face a same dilemma potentially with Allure in Galveston.  With the request to delay the new terminal pending, it's not clear if they can put Allure into the existing facility and harbor without the new terminal.  If they can't, then they face canceling Galveston Allure sailings until the new terminal is complete.  I don't think they'll switch Allure to Florida and expect Texas residents to somehow make their way to Florida to depart.  

1 minute ago, twangster said:

They face a same dilemma potentially with Allure in Galveston.  With the request to delay the new terminal pending, it's not clear if they can put Allure into the existing facility and harbor without the new terminal.  If they can't, then they face canceling Galveston Allure sailings until the new terminal is complete.  I don't think they'll switch Allure to Florida and expect Texas residents to somehow make their way to Florida to depart.  

If I read that agenda item for the meeting today correctly, it sounds like Anthem would slide in and replace Liberty (in lieu of Allure) and then sometime in 2022 Allure would come and takeover once the new terminal is complete.

But I could be totally wrong, much like posting a live blog weeks early as @Lovetocruise2002 is known to do.

Bryan Cranston Mic Drop GIF

While I think they would consider moving the Oasis back to FL, it could be earlier in the summer, say June thru August.  

Now going on a limb here, all Royal has to do it get the word out that new sailings have been created leaving FL and I think people would book!  And I think this decision would have to be made fairly quickly!   

Yes they would have to offer FCC and Refunds for the sailings out of NJ, but could generate $$$ with sailings from FL.  Plus it may give a chance for Royal to sail ships not at capacity with all new procedures they may have in place.  Baby Steps