Anyone for some FUN?

Neesa

So with the newest ship Odyssey of the Seas appearing soon, what do you think her entertainment will be? Specifically the headline show? Any guesses? Any wishes? Really making an effort to be in a positive mindset today, my teenager wants to go back to school! So sad, I think mama teacher ROCKS!!

So can you help me? I would love to see a throwback like " Chorus Line" In addition I would love some great music (bands) maybe a Beatles or Eagles or Styx cover band, sort of like they do at Epcot Eat to the Beat. I'm up for ELO too! Maybe Dennis DeYoung appears, oh boy now I'm showing my age. Let's have fun, standing by.......

mice GIF

16 hours ago, Neesa said:

I was longing for a FUN thread on here!

I think it's hit the mark! Thanks everyone! Be safe and stay healthy!

I know -- I was picking on the fact that you were suggesting Odyssey be a "fun ship" -- that's an entirely different cruise line all together. ? ?(I amuse myself too easily!)

11 hours ago, Mrs. RoyalMoyal said:

Cats! ?

A show with actual cats doing acrobatics or just being cats? Yes! That other "show"? Will they let me sit in a lifeboat or down in the engine room til it's over?

Bring back Chicago! (the musical, not the band)

I was so disappointed when I learned it was being taken away from Harmony (Allure?); was the only thing that was making me consider sailing on an O class ship and going on a more-limited itinerary.

Putting it on a Q class would be perfect. That way I maintain my streak of "No O!" ?

18 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

Bring back Chicago! (the musical, not the band)

I was so disappointed when I learned it was being taken away from Harmony (Allure?); was the only thing that was making me consider sailing on an O class ship and going on a more-limited itinerary.

Putting it on a Q class would be perfect. That way I maintain my streak of "No O!" ?

Just imagine the delight you could have on an Oasis class ship sitting in Central Park drinking a martini and listening to a classical guitarist cover Metallica’s “nothing else matters”

I think Chicago! was pulled due to complaints about it not being family friendly.  All primary entertainment has to be capable of any guest.  While they can have shows like Love and Marriage be "adult only" that isn't a primary show on board.  It's no easy task finding a show that adapts to a ship, that the content owner will allow to be modified for a ship and that is welcoming to a guest of any age.

For a hint of what's to come on Odyssey follow Nick Weir on Twitter.  He is responsible for all Royal entertainment (as well as other things on board).  He hints at things in his tweets.  Read between the lines.

"Me and my team decided we need one more!".  Ship named Odyssey which has a connection to the Apollo program.   Hmmm.  Hint at what's to come on Odyssey?  Time will tell.

2 minutes ago, Andrew72681 said:

Just imagine the delight you could have on an Oasis class ship sitting in Central Park drinking a martini and listening to a classical guitarist cover Metallica’s “nothing else matters”

I actually like that song quite a bit, but (a) I don't drink martinis, and (b) if I were going to have one, it would be while looking at the cobalt blue of the ocean, not a garden space.

The "inward facing" nature of the O-class ships is one of my biggest problems; I want to see the ocean as much as possible when I'm on a ship. That, along with their sheer size that prevents them from going to more than a handful of destinations, is why I just have no interest in them at this point in time.

1 minute ago, twangster said:

For a hint of what's to come on Odyssey follow Nick Weir on Twitter.  He is responsible for all Royal entertainment (as well as other things on board).  He hints at things in his tweets.  Read between the lines.

"Me and my team decided we need one more!".  Ship named Odyssey which has a connection to the Apollo program.   Hmmm.  Hint at what's to come on Odyssey?  Time will tell.

Sounds like it would be some kind of "sequel" to Flight?

12 minutes ago, twangster said:

Is this just teasing the "Apollo 18" escape room that was formally announced recently? Or do you think they'll have another connection? I mean, I'd be all for more space stuff -- I'm such a space nerd, I spent my 18th birthday at Space Camp! ?

11 hours ago, Mrs. RoyalMoyal said:

Cats! ?

That could be a motivation for RCL to help maintain "social distancing" ...in a half empty theatre ???

If NCL didn't already have it  (assuming licensing stipulations) ... I think Jersey Boys would be popular.

Of course, I could always go for White Christmas ?

15 minutes ago, Ogilthorpe said:

That could be a motivation for RCL to help maintain "social distancing" ...in a half empty theatre ???

If NCL didn't already have it  (assuming licensing stipulations) ... I think Jersey Boys would be popular.

Of course, I could always go for White Christmas ?

I know....I would LOVE LOVE LOVE Jersey Boys.  We saw it in London a few years ago.  AWESOME...but unfortunately, as you noted, NCL has that license.  ?

59 minutes ago, twangster said:

I think Chicago! was pulled due to complaints about it not being family friendly.  All primary entertainment has to be capable of any guest.  While they can have shows like Love and Marriage be "adult only" that isn't a primary show on board.  It's no easy task finding a show that adapts to a ship, that the content owner will allow to be modified for a ship and that is welcoming to a guest of any age.

I'm sure there have been a lot of complaints about Saturday Night Fever on Liberty too. I wonder if it will be the next to go?

1 hour ago, JLMoran said:

I actually like that song quite a bit, but (a) I don't drink martinis, and (b) if I were going to have one, it would be while looking at the cobalt blue of the ocean, not a garden space.

The "inward facing" nature of the O-class ships is one of my biggest problems; I want to see the ocean as much as possible when I'm on a ship. That, along with their sheer size that prevents them from going to more than a handful of destinations, is why I just have no interest in them at this point in time.

You’re missing out. Time for you to join the  Harmony group cruise and we can convert you from denier to believer. 

Some of my friends at Pig Pen Theatre Co. produced content specifically for Virgin's Scarlet Lady which would be an awesome option! That way the content they create will fit any guidelines like PG rating, sets, number of actors needed etc. 

They create awesome folksy musicals where the actors are also the musicians. Please enjoy me as a pirate in their The Old Man and the Old Moon:

IMG_9517.thumb.jpg.98cae3308fd9396f643afd12b703602b.jpg